Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > RIP Arman Behdad/Intensity
2011-01-20 01:57
Fungus

RIP Arman Behdad/Intensity

22-January-1982 - 19-January-2011

Really going to miss you man, you always brought a smile and some humor to the c64 scene.

You WILL be sorely missed :(

some coffee and cigarette's to you in heaven...

... 174 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-01-24 18:14
Steppe

I've had a phone call with Impulse before. Arman is currently being examined by the forensic medicine. Impulse will let us know the date of the funeral as soon as he knows more. I also asked if Nada's idea of forming a scene donation pot would be welcome by the parents (he's in touch with them), and he said that every small amount would be a relief. Not only have they lost their son, but they're also about to lose a significant amount of money - currently the cost for a funeral in Germany is minimum 2500 Euros, if you keep it really, really cheap. Double that if you want something a with a bit of dignity.

I'm hereby volunteering to gather the money for Arman's parents as I'm going to visit the funeral. I have no idea how to open up a donation account or stuff like that, it's probably the least hassle if we handle this privately via my bank account or Paypal. I think it's a nice idea if we could hand out an envelope with the money along with some condolences that every donator could send along. For those that have concerns about my trustworthiness (because you don't know me). I've got a wife, a kid and a steady job. I promise that the money will be given completely to his parents on the funeral, you have my word.
Ok, those who'd like to participate, PM or email me (steppe@demodungeon.com) and I hand you over my bank account info. Paypal is also an option, but consider they keep around 5% of the money for themselves, and I think noone but Arman's parents should profit from it. So, let me throw the first 20 Euros into the pot and let's hope there's more to follow from the scene, Arman's friends, fans and coffee and cigarettes consumers on IRC.
Think of it as buying Arman's music after an indefinite trial period or just showing your appreciation and respect for him to his parents.

PS: If anyone knows a better way to handle this, say it out loud and I'll humbly step back.
2011-01-24 19:10
iAN CooG

Quote: who wrote that trivia on the gmi page?

(replied in PM, let's not add offtopic matters here.)
2011-01-24 21:28
nada
Account closed

thx Steppe, 2x <3
2011-01-24 21:46
nada
Account closed

vielleicht können wir beides tun!?
Steppe, deine Bereitschaft die erste Beitrag direkt Eltern bringen, finde ich klasse..
ich könnte zur Bank gehen und alles erfahren über eröffnung einer Spenden_ konto, damit die Leute die es später sehen, sich auch evt. einschliessen konnen... ich habe natürlich vermutet, dass es so mit den Familie ist, gruss an Impulse
2011-01-24 22:15
Steppe

Kurz gegoogelt: Du kannst als Privatperson kein Spendenkonto eröffnen, das können nur Institutionen (Kirche, Krebshilfe, Rotes Kreuz, etc). Bleibt noch das Privatkonto. Kannst jetzt extra eins eröffnen, oder eben ein Unterkonto deines eh schon vorhandenen Privatkontos eröffnen. Beides ist vermutlich mit geringen Kosten verbunden und bringt keinerlei Vorteile gegenüber der bestehenden Lösung. 4 Leute haben sich mittlerweile gemeldet und werden was spenden, zur Info.

I quickly googled it: Individuals can't open a donation account, only institutions like the Red Cross or the Church, amongst others, can. What's left is a private bank account which usually causes some slight costs and doesn't really have any advantage over the current solution. 4 people have mailed me so far and will donate something, JFYI.
2011-01-25 01:28
Tim
Account closed

Dear “kid brother” Arman,

The last days have be surreal.. I have not even been able to shed any tears yet..
I so yearn to release this pain in my heart knowing that you are truly gone.. sigh..

Was it not my turn to pick up the phone and dial your number,
my turn to reply your last email,
my turn to plan a date to visit you?

I know the answer, but my body just breaths through these regrets..
Sadly my friend, we no longer have the chance to meet in person.

However, remembering an image of that great smile on your face, I can honestly say that I am proud to have known you, proud to have served with you in Gheymaid, and *grin* even proud to have told you in person that I love you like family!

Join the ranks of legends Arman and spread your wings, my angel of light!

Tim
2011-01-25 08:13
ready.

if none has a better way to handle the donation than Steppe, I'd go for his proposal. Just one thing is missing in my opinion: a deadline, after which the envelope will be handled. Of course money could be sent afterwards, but if they are given all together I think it's nicer.

2011-01-25 11:03
Steppe

Yes, I thought about setting a deadline. But for the time being, there is none. Given the fact a funeral is announced a couple of days in advance it's still possible it's held the next weekend. Anyway, if you tell me the amount of money you sent and it's not on my bank account the day of the funeral, don't worry, I'll just pretend it is and of course hand out the full sum (even if the money hasn't arrived by then). You trust me here, so I will trust you as well.
2011-01-25 18:38
Zapotek
Account closed

that's sad news :( rest in peace arman
2011-01-25 20:04
Oswald

Rest in peace, Arman.
Previous - 1 | ... | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
ϵʟʞ/ₐтₐ
Harry Potthead
Paul Bearer
TheRyk/MYD!
McMeatLoaf
csio/monarchy c+4