Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Sceners in the US???
2003-09-19 00:30
Airfish
Account closed

Sceners in the US???

Hi y'all!

I'm Airfish, new in the forum and relatively new on the C64 (my Commo is older than me...!)

I'm a foreign exchange student in the US (Texas, near Dallas) and I am looking for some sceners over here.
Does anyone know about an active group or some sceners?

I miss my Commo and all the scene stuff so much, isn't there anything like that in the States?

Please tell me if you know some people...
You can't tell from the CSDb listing if the sceners are still active.

Thanx!
Greetz, Airfish

... 21 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-05-01 07:24
richemp
Account closed

Well i'm here as well so you can now die peacefully! ;)
blah blah...
So now even the demoscene is slowly dying it seems...
I wonder when was the last "real" release an NTSC group did put out! And i'm not talking about demos here like you probably already guessed! Damn i still sometimes dream that we release some new games these days! Nostalgia... Nostalgia...
2004-05-01 07:25
richemp
Account closed

By the way Morrissey, never talked to you b4 but nice to see you here!

Rich/Empire
2007-01-27 05:05
executioner
Account closed

Hey Morr... I remember your alias as well.. I'm not sure if we were ever friends.. but i certainly remember FBR.. FBR was again another one of the real deals along with exodus (XDS).. not these crapy knockoffs you read about today... my 2 closest FBR friends were candyman (david.. WOW HE DIED?!?!?) and Oahawhool..

alot of the ppl and the scene is somewhat cloudy.. man i've done alot since then..

I did hear from Gene/ILS and we were always tight.. Shout out kid!

Also I see OEP floating around.. HAHA george! oh man we had fun rippin on bod all those late nights.. drop me an email so we can catchup a little.. The Addiction!

Without a doubt, we were a part of the c64 boom.. I'm reading some of this new stuff around here.. and man.. they're all clueless.. we had it all.. unlimited 0 day warez.. unlimited calling card #s for our euro friends.. unlimited fiber optic codes for crystal clear calling overseas (this was great for importing at 300-1200 BPS LOL)... unlimited voice mail accounts.. unlimited cc#s.. unlimited teleconferencing.. etc etc.. it was a once in a lifetime experience without a doubt.. man some of the things we used to do.. just insane..

i cant even begin to remember how many games i released with the help of the exodus crew.. monster classic games too.. outrun, ghouls n ghosts, etc etc.. and these were the REAL 0 day versions.. not the ripped version you may see today... they all now have hacked up intros that were ripped from our original releases...

i've noticed grim reaper running around here.. (whats up dave!).. i saw you posted some stuff about exodus here.. last thing i remember was dropping out and you basically taking my spot.. later i vaguely remember stan calling me saying something along the lines of xds was shutting down.. it was all over.. me and you used to spend alot of time on the phone too.. i remember you were originally in some other group and made you way into xds after awhile.. i remember being happy about it too because i had always liked you...

anyways as i said, we were all part of it when it was real.. naturally when we died, the c64 was on its way out anyways.. virtually obsolete.. as technology naturally goes.. games were no longer being released.. and things headed toward the amiga.. and now we all eventually ended up here on windows.. hahaha

feel free to write or stay in touch with me... i have over 30 e-commerce websites with over 30 products.. also on the side, i specialize in website design and search engine optimization... i'm still living in NY.. my companies are very successful and i'm still working my ass off everyday...

i would really like to shout out to the ppl i remember most (if any of you ever read this).. this is in no ranking and pls drop me a note if you do stumble upon this...

gene/illusion (it was nice to hear from u via email)
grim reaper/dave xds..
oep george...
warewolf/stan xds
stormbringer/xds steve
pudwerx/jason
gazoo/john
the shark/inc (DAVE how are you!!! you still mad because i sent you a nasty video via email? LOL!!!)
x-factor/danny/excalibur
oahawool/fbr
candyman/fbr
jimmy z/xds
flyboy/xds
illusionist/danny
mitch/esi (what a talented friend!)
head librarian/esi
skreemer (ROB oh man we were good)
bod/talent (ole darren boy)
masterkracker/john
gotcha/crazy
deejay/crazy
martin/crazy
peter/crazy
stingray/crazy
(extra shout out to CRAZY.. some of these guys even came and visited me here in NY)

anyone else who i forgot, sorry! drop me a msg to remind me!!

regards,
joel
executioner/exodus (aka exe/xds)
2007-02-14 03:21
Death Demon
Account closed

Howdy. I remember Exodus and Executionor. You still keep in touch with anybody else from your group?
2007-02-15 02:36
Codey

I always respected Stormbringer's Exodus intros. Nice clean intros.
2007-02-15 16:16
OEP

Hey Joel!

Always cool to see the guys from the 'old days' find their way here.
2007-02-16 06:05
executioner
Account closed

Hi death demon.. I remember your alias as well.. Unfortunately I dont talk to any of them.. I have been trying to get a hold of stormbringer(steve) and warewolf(stan) of exodus/xds... i've still been unsuccessful.. i do see grim reaper/dave around the threads here.. he had joined exodus when i left...he was posting sometime ago now.. maybe 2 yrs? but maybe he'll pop back up again soon...

codey, stormy was very talented .. i had learned quite a bit about coding from him.. i wonder what he is up to these days.. i'm guessing he isnt in the industry because he would had probably found one of us by now..

morrisey i had previously mentioned i wasnt sure if i knew you.. i obviously did, quite well! sorry, i cant remember alot of people but the names always 'ring a bell'.. the reason i know was because in one of the e-mag interviews (mamba#2 i think) i recently looked at on my PC, i talked about some stuff me and you had done and gave you an exclusive shout out.. crazy, we can't remember this stuff?????

oep/george i replied to your pm... check it... and i vaguely remember 'oeps day off'.. i searched for it through my disks and dont have it.. i cant locate it online anywhere either.. maybe the shark/dave has it??
2007-08-02 16:16
skreemer
Account closed

I feel so famous...

2007-08-03 05:43
Style

You're not...
2007-08-03 14:37
OEP

skreemer? sure he is.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MWR/Visdom
Francois Prijt/Audia..
AMB/Level 64
Alakran_64
encore
Retroluzzer/Quantum