Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Defilus ! (Registered 2024-10-04) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Post your LCP stories here
2009-07-19 11:42
Frantic

Post your LCP stories here

Yo!

LCP is over and we're cleaning the place up now. Thank you everyone for your contributions to a smashing party! See you again on LCP 2010! ;)

So.. the purpose of this thread: Post your LCP gossip here! Who did what? Who did what to whom? ...and so on. Would be nice to read.

//FTC

... 58 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-07-19 22:10
Stainless Steel

Never cross the beams, didnt venkman tell you that ?
2009-07-20 07:51
Archmage

I was sick as a dog with fever, and I had shitloads of pixelwork to do and in that sense it was my worst party experience ever ever ever. I was most likely the most boring person there eating paracetamol instead of drinking beer. It looked like you people were having fun though. :)

Still, there were some nice moments, like traveling with the two G's Glenn and Geir, being able to promote KnG (thanks again Frantic), winning the democompetition after some months of smooth cooperation with the nu kör vi-Swedes, having Oys and Veto beat me in the graphics competition, meeting a lot of nice people and getting Mogwai to fix my SX-64 (thanks a lot, wonderboy!).
2009-07-20 08:53
Sasq

Klegg precision-peeing the Panda Design Logo - and especially JackAssers reaction to it - was kind of... hillarious :)
2009-07-20 09:36
stash
Account closed

it was nice to meet all data-people.. the best thing was that the party place was 2 minutes from my home :)

the delay of the compo sucked...

but a big thanx to britelite for making the best of the waiting time :)

aaammmmiiiigggahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
2009-07-20 09:49
GT
Account closed

I got the honour to blow HCL, madrass that is. ;)
2009-07-20 09:59
Carrion

Jeff admitted he is kisses boys!
2009-07-20 10:37
Archmage

He is?
2009-07-20 11:10
taper

Don't get your hopes up, Archmage. I hear he is picky... ;)

I want to thank all the visitors and fellow organisers for a fun-packed weekend! Also I want to thank everyone who keeps forgetting stuff in the cooler, that stuff is what we organisers thrive on when cleaning duty starts... ;)

Stash: Now when some people are getting old we understand their difficulty of staying up past midnight, so we have discussed how to adress the problem with compodelays. We do acknowledge this as a problem, and hopefully we will be able to solve it with some tweaks in the schedule and rules. Nothing is decided yet, though.
2009-07-20 11:16
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Taper: well just be more consequent.
deadline at 18, no delay accepted
compo at 22
2009-07-20 11:23
Frantic

Thanks to everyone who participated at LCP, contributing in various ways: partying, submitting entries for the compo, helping me with the cleaning, and even the guy who tagged the toilets, the room in the gallery and the stairways for providing material for a huge amount of gossip.. ;) Also, BIG thanks also to my fellow co-organizers who helped me in a very substantial way with this! I am truly satisfied with the party and despite being quite busy with the organizing stuff I also managed to have a really good time myself.

Two apparent things need improvement at the next LCP:

Regarding the compo.. We were obviously quite overwhelmed with the large amount of entries submitted. Even though we expected to get more entries for the compo than we have gotten earlier years, we did not expect to get THAT many more entries. Of course, this delayed the whole compo procedure + made it even longer than expected. However, this was not known to be the case before the actual deadline since that was when 90% of the entries were handed in, and at that time it was a bit too late to do anything about it... Anyway, this will of course be different at next LCP, since you can always learn from mistakes. Probably something like having the music+graphics compo+deadline earlier, but we will see how exactly this will be handled. There is still some time left until LCP 2010. ;)

...and yes, it was way to hot inside the partyplace this year. This will of course be addressed too. Either by having the compo at another place next year, or by renting some air-conditioning-machine-something.

Individual comments:

Rambones: I didn't see a drive cable. However, I haven't yet packed up all my bags and so on.. It *might* be in there.

Cruzer: Yes.. the gates closed sometimes and that was a bit unpractical of course.. However, you could just have told any one of us organizers and you would have gotten the code required to open the gates or we would have opened them or so...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
katon/Lepsi De
Xiny6581/Dees Produc..
Case/Padua
algorithm
REBEL 1/HF
Fritske