Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Dungeon Crawler Mapping: Virtual Graph-Paper, Etc....?
2013-01-08 03:13
WinstonSmith6079
Account closed

Dungeon Crawler Mapping: Virtual Graph-Paper, Etc....?

I wanna be able to myself map my way through old cRPG Dungeon Crawlers like Wizardry, Might & Magic, and The Bard's Tale, etc., but without the having to have and use real graph-paper and pencil or pen and stuff.

How is this done? Are there any particular programs that do this well? ??? And I don't mind if it's a Win32-side program that could help with this....

... 10 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-08-22 11:37
JackAsser

Quote: Oh-oh! Now I get a little dialog-box saying like "JavaScript Alert: No storage capabilities are allowed - maps will not be saved" and when I click "OK" the legend comes up, but not the map. Under the legend, the page says: "Expected width at the start of the board code but encountered u."

What could it be now? ???

Seems that the utility uses web local storage if available (HTML5) or cookies to save data. This is probably disabled when running locally. Download a web server of choice and actually host it locally, that should fix it. Or put it on some free web-space and surf to it properly.
2013-08-22 21:23
WinstonSmith6079
Account closed

Ah! I have it working from my local system now. The problem was my web-browser. My default is Google's Chrome, but it only seems to work (as is) in Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Bummer!

I mean great that I got it to work after dickin' around like an unsavvy idiot with trying to host a free website on the Inet, which I couldn't get to work, despite hours of pouring over the service's help files. But bummer that it doesn't seem to work in my default Chrome, which is great for everything else I've done on the Web. But it doesn't, for reasons that are beyond my technical keen. I wish it did though!

Okay, so that step is resolved, and I can rollback to the previous one above, as needed, maybe later or somethin' hehehe

Thanks, JackAsser! You are a good dude, and not really a jackass, as far as I'm concerned hehehehe
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Guests online: 124
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.6)