Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Transfering
2003-03-09 12:17
Intensity
Account closed

Transfering

Hello people.

Nowadays I have purchased a XE1541-cable from Sta. Now I have some problems in transfering and getting the whole thing running.

I have Windows XP running here. The Floppy and the PC are connected via the cable. The Floppy LED reacts on the switching-on of the PC.

Furthermore I already have downloaded SC 082 Beta. But this software seems to run properly only in DOS, so I put the start-disc of XP in the PC and restarted the computer. But in DOS mode I can't reach C: ! What can I do here? Is there Software running under Win XP? How to get into MS DOS like ancient versions of Windows?

Sorry for the questions, but STA did not response to my emails, his site is down, too.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Arman

... 10 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-08-18 20:19
Intensity
Account closed

Thanks people for your help. Also thanks to Shake/Role who helped me out a little bit.

For those people with WIN XP who haven't fixed the transfering-method with their computer :

I have downloaded a Windows 98 bootdisc generator from www.bootdisc.com, installed the prog, took a disc and created a Windows 98 bootdisc.

Then I have taken the bought the tool "Parition Magic 8.0" (Tip: you can also download it with Kazaa ;), and created a Fat32-Parition with only 50 MB. I have copied SC082 on this partition.

Next step was to put the W98 bootdisc in the floppy and to run the PC. After some time I was in DOS, but I could access only the FAT32-Parition with Star Commander on it, so you should copy the datas you want to transfer from PC to c64 onto the new Partition.

Connect the xfer-cable with the Floppy 1541 and the parallel port of the PC, start SC, set the right settings in the options-menu and start to transfer.

There is just one annoying this, which is the less speed or the transfering process.

Arman
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
El Gato
Xidex/7-Inch
redcrab/G★P
kbs/Pht/Lxt
CA$H/TRiAD
Walt/Bonzai