Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-13 08:42
Radar
Account closed

Quote: "Conclusion: whenever you are not actively working on any real c64-related side anymore, ALL OF YOU - shut the fuck up and get lost. You are completely WRONG here and unwanted on 90% of all other current c64 "institutions" --- malinglists, IRC, forums and most likely BBS'es"

Thanx for saying that. I just would like to add that zombies who have crawled out of their scene graves should crawl back to the dirt of the history.. (maybe just being so nice and leaving their profile updated with whatever important info, missing.. ;-)

THAT is a lack of respect, nothing else that I could comment to this crap.
2004-01-13 08:59
CreaMD

Quote: THAT is a lack of respect, nothing else that I could comment to this crap.

You know very well what I mean. Nobody needs your silly wars. They are over 15 years ago and you drag them to the new millenium. Who disrepspects whom? You with your sidekick The Secret Man are deliberately trashing this SCENE forum with your pathetic silly arguments. In other words, he is the trool and you are feeding him. If you are that great elite guy respecting old values, try to move this argument to where it belonged in past. To release scrolltexts and demos. If you can't then you should maybe find some other forum for your "wars" as this is not a "retro C64 database" there still are people who do something on C64 and you as it seem aren't one of them.

2004-01-13 10:53
midfit
Account closed

Actually this Database is living from retro entries. And thats how the C64 will be remembered and gets referred to. And there is nobody coming from a grave here. If you refer to activity in general.
2004-01-13 11:22
Radar
Account closed

That's actually the arrogance I meant. What made you posting to one of this threads then? When two or more sceners from the past feed this thread, you don't even have any clue what it is about. When we spoke about groups like Dynamix, Arcade, Legend or Illusion, then we talked about groups you never saw in action and will never see again. We spoke and wrote about the real scene back then on real 64s and with real floppy-drives. We didn't just click on the emulator, loaded our RAM-extension from HD and looked at the codes and the work from other people. People like you learned to know the emulator by watching at our old wares. Now don't tell me something else, as this is the fact. Don't tell me that you could (re-)release TOKI without watching at the version done by DOC, Powerplant, Rockstar, Antitrack or Drake (the old one from denmark).

And when you start to complain that this database is for todays scene only and that old sceners have nothing to do with it, I want to hear this from the runners of this database and not from a goat like you. Let's have a look at the voted top-group: Crest, Fairlight, Eaglesoft, Hotline and Talent on the first 5 places. ALL groups built in the past where they had their first and real success.

And that's actually the reason why I don't respect lamers like you. As far as people stay straight in their abilities and straight to what they do, they earn my respect. People like you who spoil the past with their 'I wanna be somebody'-attitide, will never ever earn my respect, neither will they ever be part of any scene at all.
2004-01-13 11:35
TDJ

Well, speaking as somebody who has been active both in the past (since '87) and still is today (new demo coming up soon), and who still uses a real c64 to do his coding work, all I can say is that I agree with CreaMD. Although I'm definitely on your side in your argument with Secret Man, this thing is starting to get out of hand. No less than 3 threads are constantly being filled with some of the most stupid threats I've read in years. I like ragging as much as the next guy (had some great 'wars' on Spankerz Heaven) but most of this ain't funny, just stupid.

So what if you guys had first-releases in the past? Doesn't matter anymore. So what if you guys both have at least 30 stores? Doesn't impress me much, and I'm sure most people here feel the same way. Hey, I could go around saying that I worked with some of the best demo-talents on the c64 ever (past), and that right now I'm friends with one of the most powerful crimelords in Amsterdam (present). You know what? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that it would make me come off as an ass.

Ofcourse we're interested in what you did for the scene, but just don't dwell on it. Earn your respect, don't demand it.
2004-01-13 12:24
Nafcom

Hi there.

Okay, another 2 cents from me.

First of all; I see the point in what CreamD and The Dark Judge say and I miss the point in around 130 posts of this thread.

I know that the scene has been differing in past, no question about that.

What many "old elite sceners" who aren't active noawadays forget:

It's nice that they have ruled in the past, that John Doe did a firsty in releasing game XYZ and the other ruling group first ZYX!

Why don't you stand up and say: "Yo guys, I have this and those skills, any group who wants me to join - I would like to support you".
Instead I hear a lot of blabla about the past - "nice"!
I have nothing about the past, it was no doubt a wonderful time .
But how about starting a thread about new activities instead of old past ones?!

How about adding to your fame of past fame of present and future? ;)

There's a second problem:

Now you do join a group but of course the real elite is too much worth to join a new group which really would let you enter with much happines and being glad and thankful till the rest of their activity/live.
So, because an elite scener needs an elite group, this scener joins a group who was elite and active in _the past_.

Now let's face reality: Did all the elite groups of the past get alive with zero effort?!
No! I am sure they started low!

What many people of the past forget about 2 things:

1) Bringing up a new group and new members and new sceners is _fun_.
I am sure even an elite scener of the past would be happy if his fresh and new group he joined grows and get more and more active! The quality of the releases get better and better!

2) The scene nowadays is only kept alive because of teamwork and supporting each other a lot!
We don't don't flame the boards with "You are an ass, you suck!" threads and posts. And we don't PM each other with the words: "Hey lamer, did you eat the wrong breakfast you ass?! - I will come and catchya!"

There is even a third thing (so, scroll back and change the '2' in your mind into a '3' :).

3) Nowadays the scene has no support from outside the scene. Many things have got harder.
And I swear to support others and I will always respect the support from others and do everything to keep this - maybe not oldschool - C64 scene alive.
And I am sure many people reading this Do Want to keep the C64 scene alive, too!

I respect the efforts of sceners nowadays and their efforts.
I also do not put in question the glory, activities and efforts of the sceners in past!
I like both, the past and the present! :)

And I bet neither of us want to be urged to say like a grandfather: "Junior, there has been a time there was a little computer and it had a community of fans and freaks called the "C64 Scene" and I ...".

I want to see C64 Scene always alive!

And respects and thanks to all C64 sceners nowadays for their help and effort and support in keeping this alive! (The C64 Scene).
We are all sitting in one boat and so let's steer the ship together!

And just to avoid troubles:

My post is meant to be in general and not dedicated to anybody! so, I have even not any pseudos in mind who I would ever call a "dirty rat"!

So for,
Joerg / Nafcom
2004-01-13 12:25
CreaMD

"And that's actually the reason why I don't respect lamers like you. As far as people stay straight in their abilities and straight to what they do, they earn my respect. People like you who spoil the past with their 'I wanna be somebody'-attitide, will never ever earn my respect, neither will they ever be part of any scene at all."

Radar so you say I'm lamer? You talk about straight abilities. Gaining respect? But while I do code, compose and even design on working C64, you just (seem) to talk talk and talk. My C64 is not covered by dust like (probably) your one at the parent's house loft. So keep on talking coz that's the last thing of your abilities which (possibly) stayed in you. The rest is probably long forgotten. You are claiming respect for things you did in past. Well I do *respect* the past, but as far as arrogance and behaviour is concerned I'm incomparably more respectful towards past than you are towards the present. Just recall how you introduced yourself in CSDB: "Who is fucking responsible for this?". So you think this is the way how a respectable scener introduces himself?

You (probably) know nothing about what's happening and what was released while you've been away and you want to teach me respect? Well, first try to get back to reality of this scene and maybe I'll accept your stands, but when you'll be boasting about groups I haven't experienced in action... oh please! That's even better than one guy's argument starting with "I've been around when...", I've heard few years ago in last century on IRC. Do you really believe that your gf or wife will be happy when you tell her how much you loved her 5 years ago? One kiss would do much more than thousand words!

And as far as your respect towards me is concerned. I'm not the kind of person who lives from such things. I don't yearn to gain it in any way although sometimes people acuse me of many things ;-)

I care about today's scene, but can you say the same? By your actions you have defined yourself as a retired scene-ego walking around with your hands streched forward... It's on you to change that image by getting more involved with todays happenings in the C64 scene.

2004-01-13 14:00
midfit
Account closed

How do you know anybody of the socalled "retired" scene egos stretching their hands are "retired" at all? And why do anybody need to get active again in this C64 scene if he decided that it is maybe not worth his time. Does that forbids him to talk about the scene and/or about C64 in general? Does that kill his competence he has proven over the years? Does that kill his love for the C64? Do you think that he owes the C64 any kind of support? For what? I can follow your view and opinions but try to see it from another side of the medal.

2004-01-13 14:39
CreaMD

Quote: How do you know anybody of the socalled "retired" scene egos stretching their hands are "retired" at all? And why do anybody need to get active again in this C64 scene if he decided that it is maybe not worth his time. Does that forbids him to talk about the scene and/or about C64 in general? Does that kill his competence he has proven over the years? Does that kill his love for the C64? Do you think that he owes the C64 any kind of support? For what? I can follow your view and opinions but try to see it from another side of the medal.

Retired scene ego walking around stretching their hands forward <-> zombies...

If I speak about scene in this particular place I always mean the C64 scene, other scenes (like XBOX scene or Gameboy scene aren't important in this place).

I don't forbid him anything I just react on his post which you for sure have read. Don't you think it's full of (to put it as harmlessly as possible) unfortunate insults? He doubted my competence I doubt his competence. Radar's past achievments are out of question here and I have never doubted them.

His love for C64. For that machine which doesn't gain any fame nor profit anymore, that piece of plastic and electronics which brings a lot of memories and nostalgia that good old 8 bit which brings so many memories back. Loving something gratituously is something like altruism, or better said, passion, right? Midfit, I try to see it from the other side of the medal, and maybe I'm blind, but I see more narcissm than passion.

2004-01-13 14:51
TDJ

's funny, becoz I've been on both sides. Around '96/'97 I came back from a 'hiatus' so to speak, and was shocked by the (in my eyes) unoriginal demostyle that ruled the scene then. I spoke up against it, and immediately was branded a dinosaur who had no right to speak since I wasn't active anymore. Still I like to think that I won that war, and I even 'returned' some time later which makes me 'active' again. Which hasn't changed me a bit, I still step on people's toes.

All this active/not-active bullshit really doesn't matter to me. People can get my respect either based on what they did in the past, or what they do nowadays, but esp. based on how they act now. Radar might have been a big name in the past, but most certainly not "One of the most famous persons ever been in the scene" (bad English his, not mine). But even if he was, that would give him no right to act so arrogant with his "we discuss groups you don't even know". Guess what, I remember those groups, hell, I even remember "Snoopy" but to me CreaMD is a more worthy scener because of what he pulls off with www.c64.sk. Sure, the c64 scene nowadays can't hold a candle to that of the late 80's but that doesn't automatically mean that all sceners from that time are better than today's sceners. Because if that was true, Crossbow/Crest & me would rule you all since we've both been releasing demos since '87 :) Okay, his are a bit better (okay, a lot better) but still ..

I know Jeroen Tel quite well, he has been in my group since '95 and we've also done some non-scene stuff together (cheap plug: http://members.chello.nl/agony2) but he would never act up this way. And he really is "One of the most famous persons ever been in the scene".

On the other hand, I don't mind old sceners coming around here, hell, I welcome them, it always thrills me to see a name from my past showing up. But dragging your old battles with you and then telling people to be quiet when they complain about it, uhm, that's a no-no.

So please, give your opinion, share your views, but don't expect people to just shut up because you had some first releases 10 years ago.
Previous - 1 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Acidchild/Padua
Faayd/Quantum
Arcane/Glance
DeMOSic/MS^LSD^ONS
tlr
Menace/Spaceballs