Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > X2012 feedback
2012-11-15 20:57
Oxbow

X2012 feedback

If you have visited X2012, please share your feedback here on what could be improved for X2014.
Most likely you’ll say the compos started too late which made it hard for people to vote afterwards.
Be assured, all us organizers want to improve this, but still, tell us what you think!

We appreciate your feedback, your massive effort in the productions released and your visiting X2012 and hope to welcome you all again in two years!

... 62 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-11-16 11:39
Dano

we arrived early and getting a room sort of chaos. turned out that upper floor of the building could only be reached from inside or so.. a few more signs would have helped..

the free fries and meat-thing was a fine thing. tasted better than it looked.. ^^

breakfast. man, you guys all live in the stoneage? atleast it looks like that when you see the food table.. maybe it's a little better when the ham and cheese is served pre-sliced on dishes. maybe that keeps the mess a little lower. maybe a little more diversity in marmelade or nutella would be appreciated by others, too? digged the egg-supply, nice!

the dinner on saturday was ok'ish foodwise, but next time put the table somewhere more senseful, so that the people don't have to wait in the cold.

smoking in the basement should be a no go.
please sort that chair thing out. luckily i took my chair downstairs for the democompo.

actually wouldn't it be possible to hold the compos upstairs? the wall could hold a proper screen in a decent size and we don't need to pack all downstairs. music and djs and such downstairs is perfectly fine.

t-shirts in size M were some sort of VIP or so? hadn't i asked enno/burglar and told that the guy at the counter i wouldn't have got one. i would have even taken S..

decent sticker, yes that would be fine.

after all i guess it all needs a little more organizing, now that X has more than 300 visitors.. everything can be sorted out anyways, but a little more signs and a proper timetable and such would make it all a little more enjoyable..
2012-11-16 12:01
Sander

Quote: what about it?
http://www.scs-trc.net/parties/index.php?id=5411

Oh shit,.. I guess it was perfect then..
*weeps*
2012-11-16 18:59
Perplex

Deadlines for ALL competitions should be on Friday at midnight, no extensions. If you can't make it to the party in time, let someone else bring your entry or mail it to the organizers in advance before you leave home.

That should leave plenty of time for getting everything presented on Saturday, with voting and prize ceremonies finished before people start dozing off and going to bed.

As a bonus, everyone will have late Friday night and all of Saturday free for partying, instead of finishing up compo entries in panic mode.

And while the floppy voting system is charming, additional options for voting (sheets, web-app reachable on wifi) would help get more people to submit their votes on time.

Other than that, thanks for an amazing party once again!
2012-11-16 20:37
FATFrost
Account closed

YES, it was great!! But....

1) smoking inside was terrible and made me feel ill :(

2) compo entries could be overlayed with name and group as i couldn't tell who made every demo..

3) all votes could be on a piece of paper handed out before the compos?

4) food was ok,.

5) a money exchange ;)

6) more girls

7) laxatives

8) a moustached philipino crab salesmen who is lost but can breakdance to sid tunes on saturday night!!

9) hmmm....some other stuffs...

10) LINUS AND HCL!!!!

that's it, not much? :)

ps. I FOKKIN LOVED X2012!!!!!!!!! THANKS TO THE ORGANIZERZZZZZ!!!!
2012-11-16 21:25
WVL

Quote: Everyone knows werner !! :-D

Were there any competitions, voting or prizegivings this year ? i cant recall any (i vaguely remember the gfx and music compo but after that its just all blank ) :-D

Wut? People that don't know who I am? :D

You know who I am, Jan! :D
2012-11-16 21:43
Count Zero

[server too busy - rewriting all this - whats the addon named dealing with this again - fuck ...]

... and we really just forgot about the stickers this time! Next time we will get proper disk labels to stick onto yourself again - or anything else that sticks for a few years.

citing someone who got the "office stuff" for the party: "and all the pens, papers and (cheap tesa) tape must have been the cheapest part overall as it was only €12" - will be 12 euro alone for stickers and gaffa tape next time - promised :)

Other than that _YOU_ people made the most stunning demo competition ever experienced on an 8bit machine on this planet and the staff shouldn't change anythings at all --- except for making the entrance desk the official place to drop compo entries even though EVERYBODY knows Werner!

@fatfrost: we had "laxatives" - plenty - just ask!
2012-11-16 22:00
chatGPZ

Quote:
whats the addon named dealing with this again

"persistant text" is the one i use :)
2012-11-16 22:01
wacek

Great party and kudos to the orgas!

My only wish is paper votesheets. Here is my reasoning:

1. Voting takes place DURING the compos - no delay before votedisks go around, no problems with remembering which entry was which.

2. You already have a list of participants beforehand on the webpage - it would be very simple (automated) to print votesheets with a name on it, which would help to deal with self-voting and/or cheating (if you decide you want to take care of that, of course). I think people not registered on the webpage are in a very small amount, easy to find some solution for that.

3. Fast & accurate results. With only 3 categories (even if 30+ releases per each), two people equipped with a laptop, smart way of working and an Excel file (in a room with some peace & quiet) will be able to count the results in less than an hour. Tested and bulletproof :) - somehow I ended up together with booker as a result counting crew for most of Polish parties in last years, and you can ask anyone, we do a good job ;)

For all the things above, I offer my support, equipment included ;)
2012-11-16 22:11
chatGPZ

+1 for paper voting

however, i dont like the idea of doing anything that would involve knowing who competes before its actually shown on the big screen.

much more important would be using whatever slide system so the entry names can be shown on the big screen instead of having to resort to completely not understandable human voice =)
2012-11-16 22:13
cba

Quoting Count Zero

@fatfrost: we had "laxatives" - plenty - just ask!

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Laddh
Nith/TRIɅD
Broti/DT/KRN
Raf/Vulture Design
psenough
encore