Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-13 14:39
CreaMD

Quote: How do you know anybody of the socalled "retired" scene egos stretching their hands are "retired" at all? And why do anybody need to get active again in this C64 scene if he decided that it is maybe not worth his time. Does that forbids him to talk about the scene and/or about C64 in general? Does that kill his competence he has proven over the years? Does that kill his love for the C64? Do you think that he owes the C64 any kind of support? For what? I can follow your view and opinions but try to see it from another side of the medal.

Retired scene ego walking around stretching their hands forward <-> zombies...

If I speak about scene in this particular place I always mean the C64 scene, other scenes (like XBOX scene or Gameboy scene aren't important in this place).

I don't forbid him anything I just react on his post which you for sure have read. Don't you think it's full of (to put it as harmlessly as possible) unfortunate insults? He doubted my competence I doubt his competence. Radar's past achievments are out of question here and I have never doubted them.

His love for C64. For that machine which doesn't gain any fame nor profit anymore, that piece of plastic and electronics which brings a lot of memories and nostalgia that good old 8 bit which brings so many memories back. Loving something gratituously is something like altruism, or better said, passion, right? Midfit, I try to see it from the other side of the medal, and maybe I'm blind, but I see more narcissm than passion.

2004-01-13 14:51
TDJ

's funny, becoz I've been on both sides. Around '96/'97 I came back from a 'hiatus' so to speak, and was shocked by the (in my eyes) unoriginal demostyle that ruled the scene then. I spoke up against it, and immediately was branded a dinosaur who had no right to speak since I wasn't active anymore. Still I like to think that I won that war, and I even 'returned' some time later which makes me 'active' again. Which hasn't changed me a bit, I still step on people's toes.

All this active/not-active bullshit really doesn't matter to me. People can get my respect either based on what they did in the past, or what they do nowadays, but esp. based on how they act now. Radar might have been a big name in the past, but most certainly not "One of the most famous persons ever been in the scene" (bad English his, not mine). But even if he was, that would give him no right to act so arrogant with his "we discuss groups you don't even know". Guess what, I remember those groups, hell, I even remember "Snoopy" but to me CreaMD is a more worthy scener because of what he pulls off with www.c64.sk. Sure, the c64 scene nowadays can't hold a candle to that of the late 80's but that doesn't automatically mean that all sceners from that time are better than today's sceners. Because if that was true, Crossbow/Crest & me would rule you all since we've both been releasing demos since '87 :) Okay, his are a bit better (okay, a lot better) but still ..

I know Jeroen Tel quite well, he has been in my group since '95 and we've also done some non-scene stuff together (cheap plug: http://members.chello.nl/agony2) but he would never act up this way. And he really is "One of the most famous persons ever been in the scene".

On the other hand, I don't mind old sceners coming around here, hell, I welcome them, it always thrills me to see a name from my past showing up. But dragging your old battles with you and then telling people to be quiet when they complain about it, uhm, that's a no-no.

So please, give your opinion, share your views, but don't expect people to just shut up because you had some first releases 10 years ago.
2004-01-13 15:28
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Its true.I miss the old times and i miss many cool dudes.I just remember the cool music on this little computer which was made by Markus Schneider (Level99).I loved these art of music.
Time is running and in 2 years i can throw my x-box to da wall
and we have 256 bits or so.

2004-01-13 16:21
Radar
Account closed

As for the sense and the point - everybody reads Midfit's post once again.

So why does anybody wants to get respected when he doesn't even respect other sceners? Now I could do the same with The Dark Judge of what CremieD tried to explain with my old handle. I could go and say (I keep it in a short way in order to not make anybody standing up and asking for a dictionary again): "What the hell do I care of JT, what the hell do I care of demo-people, what the hell do I care about people who joined any 64-forces after 94." Sure I DON'T think that way. BUT any reaction is based on what happened before. I don't even know what CreamieD does, so how could I do any serious judgement on any work from a CERTAIN person? BUT CreamieD knows what other people did in the past, so he CAN judge. That's just the point.

A fine story right now and here: When I called up #c-64 on IRCNet, I asked about the sense of re-releasing games. The first answer from a bunch of dorks was: "Well, we do the versions of games from those retards who couldn't do any decent version at all in the past!". I asked for a specific example and again the answer was: "In general, none of the past sceners was able to do a good version at all". One of those persons was CremieD, also people like Murdock etc. spoke up.

When I was trying to explain about the different possibilities from nowadays and back then, answer great answer hit the floor: "So what, not our problem that you guys were stupid".

So yeah, THAT is the way you newskoolers reacted BUT that ain't for sure the way it has been. And that's were a lack of respects appears. WORD!
2004-01-13 17:11
CreaMD

Quote: As for the sense and the point - everybody reads Midfit's post once again.

So why does anybody wants to get respected when he doesn't even respect other sceners? Now I could do the same with The Dark Judge of what CremieD tried to explain with my old handle. I could go and say (I keep it in a short way in order to not make anybody standing up and asking for a dictionary again): "What the hell do I care of JT, what the hell do I care of demo-people, what the hell do I care about people who joined any 64-forces after 94." Sure I DON'T think that way. BUT any reaction is based on what happened before. I don't even know what CreamieD does, so how could I do any serious judgement on any work from a CERTAIN person? BUT CreamieD knows what other people did in the past, so he CAN judge. That's just the point.

A fine story right now and here: When I called up #c-64 on IRCNet, I asked about the sense of re-releasing games. The first answer from a bunch of dorks was: "Well, we do the versions of games from those retards who couldn't do any decent version at all in the past!". I asked for a specific example and again the answer was: "In general, none of the past sceners was able to do a good version at all". One of those persons was CremieD, also people like Murdock etc. spoke up.

When I was trying to explain about the different possibilities from nowadays and back then, answer great answer hit the floor: "So what, not our problem that you guys were stupid".

So yeah, THAT is the way you newskoolers reacted BUT that ain't for sure the way it has been. And that's were a lack of respects appears. WORD!

Firstly. If you wanted to make my name sound like "creamed" you should probly check dictionary.

Secondly don't put my names together with other names. I don't compare you with other idiots I have met in past either. As far as my opinion on recrackers is concerned it's simple. Recracking sucks. I had argue with one dude who was re-releasing games for C64 and some people here probably remember that debate at lemon64.com. But my opinion on golden releases (or whatever you call them) stays the same. Jack Alien, GrG and bunch of others are making perfect versions of old games. Have you checked the new stuff? Obviusly not, otherwise you would get the message. I do respect people who *crack* the game again, polish it out, remove known bugs get the original pic, original manual and make a good package. Something for which first releasers didn't have time, in past.

As far as your attitude towards newschoolers is concerned. You have A LOT to learn to catch up the train. The scene has evolved and you just stayed in your past full of fuckings and lamers. If we want to insult anyone we find better words for that and definitely I don't need to say 4 letter words to persuade anyone about my opinion.

Midfit also did say that he follows my views. And as far as the other things are concerned he just pointed out that you might be incompetent today and forget everything about C64 and still be respected. He also said that you might love C64, but again you prove that you put yourself and your past in front of everything else. Please either return to the scene, get back your sixtyfour, or load up an emulator. Check at least 10 best games released in past 10 years and about 20 demos, read few cool mags and then maybe get here and tell us your opinion about how badly scene attitudes have changed.
2004-01-13 18:01
midfit
Account closed

Stop. I hope that you are talking globally here. I haven't said that Radar is incompetant. For me his competance is out of question. I said that I can follow your views and opinions. And maybe out of your direction they look right. But see it out of Radar position and it surely has nothing to do with narcissm. I am very sure that he has a professional arrogance, which is nothing wrong in my opinion as he actually knows what he was and INFACT IS DOING. Radar has only one attitude against newskoolers and thats something I always criticize myself too. Back in time people had to do things with much lower possibilities as today. Many people of today forget this and criticize old items, instead of just taking it as a good work in its own manner. I guess there is a difference between using a highly advanced tool instead of trying to have your own tools to do something. So reduce the outstunning work of several GOLDEN cracking lables to a good version, but remind yourself that they are using tools and advanced techniques based on the evolution produced by old people. So where is the point you will be asking. It is as you said.. Scene is like a wall .. Every brick builds upon another brick. So at that point there is no place for saying "Look.. I have outstunned that old Radwar version of XYZ".. Because you cracked it from disk with your cart, packed it with some cross packing tools and Radwar did it with bare hands. And sure it appears to some of you that disliking oldie cracks is the ignorance of the eternally of yesterday. But what is so hard to accept that some people still follow their codex from the past? After all this isn't so bad as you may have described it.. Because the real evolution of all other scenes following the CBM 64 was driven by C64 people with that codex. So it can't be so wrong after all.
2004-01-13 18:46
drake
Account closed

okay, i admit that the past of our scene still s something which is important to keep in our mind. if i was an 'elite-scener' who did good cracks and earned credits for his hard work i should have a less respect for the sceners today.

but i think that the scene today is a different one than the scene 10 years ago. as already been mentioned,the 'old scene' died long time ago. the scene has changed and for some people hurts this a lot.

i respect the old crackers/supliers/golden ones/whatever a lot but if they are only talking about the old scene and are only hacking and burning newcomers they should expect that those 'newcomers' will have their word back.

radar, with all respect, but if you're only talking nothing will come from your hands! ever thought about the fact that thanks to those newcomers there still IS a scene? there are still parties and you can visit them!! ;-)
2004-01-13 19:20
yago

Quote: okay, i admit that the past of our scene still s something which is important to keep in our mind. if i was an 'elite-scener' who did good cracks and earned credits for his hard work i should have a less respect for the sceners today.

but i think that the scene today is a different one than the scene 10 years ago. as already been mentioned,the 'old scene' died long time ago. the scene has changed and for some people hurts this a lot.

i respect the old crackers/supliers/golden ones/whatever a lot but if they are only talking about the old scene and are only hacking and burning newcomers they should expect that those 'newcomers' will have their word back.

radar, with all respect, but if you're only talking nothing will come from your hands! ever thought about the fact that thanks to those newcomers there still IS a scene? there are still parties and you can visit them!! ;-)

Which brings as back to the topic.
There _are_ photos of Count Zero, because he is an active Scener, visiting Partys and not just sitting alone behind his computer and trying to insult everybody who has more knowledge.

ZY (the oldest newschooler alive)
2004-01-13 19:28
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Firstly. If you wanted to make my name sound like "creamed" you should probly check dictionary.

Secondly don't put my names together with other names. I don't compare you with other idiots I have met in past either. As far as my opinion on recrackers is concerned it's simple. Recracking sucks. I had argue with one dude who was re-releasing games for C64 and some people here probably remember that debate at lemon64.com. But my opinion on golden releases (or whatever you call them) stays the same. Jack Alien, GrG and bunch of others are making perfect versions of old games. Have you checked the new stuff? Obviusly not, otherwise you would get the message. I do respect people who *crack* the game again, polish it out, remove known bugs get the original pic, original manual and make a good package. Something for which first releasers didn't have time, in past.

As far as your attitude towards newschoolers is concerned. You have A LOT to learn to catch up the train. The scene has evolved and you just stayed in your past full of fuckings and lamers. If we want to insult anyone we find better words for that and definitely I don't need to say 4 letter words to persuade anyone about my opinion.

Midfit also did say that he follows my views. And as far as the other things are concerned he just pointed out that you might be incompetent today and forget everything about C64 and still be respected. He also said that you might love C64, but again you prove that you put yourself and your past in front of everything else. Please either return to the scene, get back your sixtyfour, or load up an emulator. Check at least 10 best games released in past 10 years and about 20 demos, read few cool mags and then maybe get here and tell us your opinion about how badly scene attitudes have changed.

A recrack is when you steal the work of an x person and claim it for yourself putting your name as cracker or removing intros, I never did something like that. If those releases suck for you it's ok, but don't call'em recrack !!!
2004-01-13 20:00
Honesty

Strange discussion...
I give radar a point the so called newschool loughs
about the things done in oldstyle!
But all what ya see today grows out here!
And even harm ppl like radar for doing nothing today is really stupid for my opinion.
What is done today has nothing to do with what have
been done earlier!
Most of the newscene guys dont know the feeling going to postoffice fetching the last sendinx!
Or even the risc doing the bb or abusing something!
This are two different parts and only the legal part survives.
But now u cant come along and said he is living from things he did in the past!
First he bings much of fun to the boards due to his great attitude of ragging and second he releases tools without the scene wont grow that big or even had survived that long!
As most of the so called oldguys entered the scene it was not a public thing like it is today there u cant go to the net make a double click and get the newest stuff...

That is what had to be reminded!

This has nothing todo that i dont like new guys in the scene in no way!
I am happy bout everybody who keeps the 64 alive and i am the last who wont help if help is needed!

Ok gotta go to work :(

Honesty/Covenant/Afl´70

Previous - 1 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
Board Rider/Commodor..
morphfrog
Didi/Laxity
A3/AFL
Elder0010/G★P