Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #2536 : Plutonium Crackers 2001
2005-07-18 22:55
Zyron

Group id #2536 : Plutonium Crackers 2001

Founded in 1982?
Really?
At least I can't remember seeing anything from them before 1987, if they were already around in 1982 how come there are no files existing from them back then? (This applies to a couple of more groups for sure.)
2005-07-19 11:45
H.O
Account closed

It's not _that_ uncommon. The first group I was in (CCCP) was founded in 84 (or maybe 83, cant find any clear records so I picked the later date) and the first release from us was in 86.

The reson being that the group in the start just consisted of some local friends (or lamers if you prefer, even if I personally reserve that expression for people who think they are better then they are, not for newbies) who had no coding skills, no cracking skills, no original supplies, and no decent contacts.

I think that is not a too uncommon scenario; some local friends, forming a group without the necessary skills to make it big early on, and then slowly building up knowledge and reputation.

That said, I have no real information on when PC was founded. I do know that I remember the name, but I cant recall when I first heard of them, or any recollection of how long they had been active.
2005-07-19 11:56
H.O
Account closed

Also, as an addition:

Keep in mind that the scene in the early years was small, and hard to break into. If you didnt have original supplies (or some other access to fresh cracks, such as knowing someone wit h that access) you really wouldnt make it big.

The scene expanded a lot between 82 & 89, and around 86/87 you could even get in by showing yourself a good coder (and around 88 it was usually enough to be a decent coder, or a good musician or a good graphician)

In 85 you could get a lot of creds for importing US cracks, which was -- more or less -- commonplace in 90.

My point? Dont try to compare too much. The scene in 82 was small, and with fairly low skills. Some people knew a lot about their machines, but most of the people were just kids who wanted to swap and play games. Someone joining the scene in 89 had access to much bigger distibution network, and a huge knowledge base; something which didnt exist in 82.

(And as a side note: For 1982 I am generalizing from 83/84 -- a bit unsure on when I entered the scene myself -- so maybe I am missing some of the finer points of the first two years)
2005-07-19 12:20
TWR
Account closed

I always enjoyed the intro of their I-ball crack, after all... it is the only crack I have from them. (plus one "demo"). ;-)
2005-07-19 18:50
Zyron

Yes H.O, I'm aware of this. I was just curious.

Anyway, I uploaded all PC-stuff I found in my archive, the oldest was a letter from 1986.
2005-07-19 18:59
TWR
Account closed

Ok, anybody intrested in the I-ball crack?
2005-07-19 21:29
H.O
Account closed

Zyron: Ok, wasnt certain so I figured "what the heck" ;)

Its not that uncommon that people (yeah, I do it myself now and then, so its not meant as criticism) extrapolate a certain scene period from their own experience and thus gets to the wrong conclusions.

Anyway, if I was stating the obvious; my apologies.
2005-07-19 21:30
H.O
Account closed

TWR: Do you need to ask? You know that Mason starts salivating as soon as someone mentions a crack ;)

(So yes, please UL it)
2005-07-19 22:05
Graham
Account closed

I don't believe that so many groups were founded in 1982. After all the human mind is very lame when keeping memories and mixes a lot of stuff up after a few years... The memories still "feel" right but they are often wrong.
2005-07-20 07:04
Mason

Dont worry - I got the Iball crack from Plutonium Crackers.
2005-07-20 13:12
ALiEN-AnTiTraX
Account closed

Hi all on CSDB.

I just want to say hello, to introduce myself.

My handle always was ALiEN (ALN,Alien'61) and I've been in Plutonium Crackers 2001 (PC) on C64 since xmas 1982,
when my schoolmate CJW (later Hurricane) and me started to work as a group.

Actually we both started a little earlier playing around with a cheap 200$ Z80 Sinclair clone from the USA called "Micro Ace", a kit.
Later I did a small painting tool and an adventure parser in Atari Basic that I sold. But I forgot about this "Atari" episode, so never ask! ;)
There was a contact to VC20 (VIC20) in the department stores of Berlin (were the C64 started to grow too)
and we all were playing on Atari VCS 2600.

But my love came to town when a friend's father who was working for apple, organized a C64.

Games were few, and it wasn't called "scene" back then, we were friends (Exactly what H.O says!).

Copying games wasn't really illegal in the beginning and most games had no copy protection, so the early crackers are no "crackers" at all.
No one did "intros" or "cracktros" how it's called nowadays.
Sometimes we inscribed high-score-tables or the file data somewhere.
We started very slowly and released more and more from year to year.

It was the time of 1103, OTD, Kotzbrocken (later all in YEDI), Indy, Yak Society, Antiram, Headbanger, Schweinepocke, ADJ.
The greatest supplier was called ALI.

We've always been best friends in Berlin and working together with Cracking Force Berlin (CFB) (later in Flash Cracking Group (FCG)) and
Berlin Cracking Service (BCS) (First C64 "intro" ever (a picture of the "Berlin Flag/Bear" 1982).

As far as I remember our first PC release was Hanse (german! so not well spread then) 1982 or 1983.

In the end of 1987 when scene degenerated into a social-slum we were already leaving in Amiga direction.
The change of scene and the age was the reason why the first generation wasn't too much in contact with the young ones.
I'm still in contact with some oldschoolers, the most prefer to stay in their ivory tower. ;)

The Amiga, later called Amiga 1000 was presented in summer 1985 in New York.
I germany it came out 03/1986 on CeBit. We got our Amiga a little earlier as usual for our NTSC ;( hardware.
I loved my US contacts. ;)
Greets to KOTRT, Untouable Cracking Force (UCF), Knights Of Fortune, Wildboys, Bencor Bros. (BB), New Bencors and ESI.

On Amiga having good knowledge concerning 6502 and cracking helped a lot coding a 68000.

We changed our "cracking" handle into a "demo" nick and stopped cracking.
In 1987 we had about 30-40 backslides and cracked games under our demonick "Antitrax 2010". ;)

After 12 months of work (there were only buggy manuals and no nearly no tools at all) we 1987 released our first Amiga demo.

This was the great period of HQC, Guru Master, Sodan, Bitstoppers, Star Frontiers, ECA and Silents on Amiga.
We had our spirit of the early C64 days back.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9146

It was the very first "Mega" demo using this name.
(Typical 880K Amiga disk + advantage of data compression = 1MegaByte = "Mega"
Most effects and routines were first-time for Amiga so this demo got kinda milestone back then.

After releasing a musicdisk called "Listen Into The Future" and having Megademo2 finished to 50% we stopped activities in 1989.
Today we all own PCs to read our mails.

Some days ago "Acidchild" contacted me in a C64 irc-chan and we talked about good old C64.
After a while he convinced me to clean up the CSDB "Plutonium Crackers 2001" entry,
because this forum isn't moronic and filled up with flame wars like others I saw. ;)
A guy called "Chrysagon" had listed himself here.
All our members have been from Berlin/Germany and we never even heard of someone with this nick.;)

I will update our entry later, there have been more members like:
Lord Vader, sounder Extermer (Turrican, Rock'n Roll), Secret System Scientist.

But first I have to be 100% sure about the dates. 23 years are a long time.

I had a nice first-chat with "Zyron" yesterday and sent him a pack of about 150 C64/Amiga Plutonium/Antitrax files which I got myself via www.
Most of our old stuff is lost and it seems to be nearly impossible to get the stuff before 1985/86.
Most C64 files spread over www seem to be from very few sources.
Especially the early releases have no evident tags.
Sometimes:
10 REM PC , 2001 SYS 2064, PC, 2001, 2010, nuclear, aln, cjw...

or less...

Same for our friends CFB, BCS...
But I have some old disks and I will try to convert them soon, let's see what Load Error God says after so many years. :)

So if anyone can contribute some of our old stuff I would be very thankful!

Cheers
ALiEN Plutonium Crackers 2001 - AnTiTraX 2010

Mistrust Authority.

... 9 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Xidex/7-Inch
celticdesign/Gā˜…P/M..
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
Swallow/Censor Design
K-reator/CMS/F4CG
š˜š—”š—š/FairLight