Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Defilus ! (Registered 2024-10-04) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > [Spam spammity spam] Anniversary party Commodore 64 and PET at the Games Convention in Leipzig 2007
2007-07-24 17:44
Scout

[Spam spammity spam] Anniversary party Commodore 64 and PET at the Games Convention in Leipzig 2007

Just passing the message.
I've got nothing to do with this so aim your guns at someone else ;)

Quote:

Hello Commodore fans,

My name is Michiel Kroder, content manager at Commodore Gaming. As you might have heard, Commodore
Gaming has launched a new line of high-end gaming PCs this year, under the still strong Commodore banner.
But despite this step into the future, Commodore of course has a glorious and tumultuous past, that we never
should forget about. Another thing we never should forget about are the people who have kept this banner
strong, when there was not much left of Commodore as a company.

Those people are you, the true Commodore fans that fondly remember what might have been your first
experience with a computer and still use that durable and special technology.

Commodore Gaming is planning to support the worldwide Commodore community in their activities and to
organise our own activities. For example, we were silver sponsor at Break Point, one of the biggest demo scene
parties in the world. And on our booth at the Games Convention in Leipzig, from the 22nd to the 26th of August
2007, we have reserved significant space to pay homage to the Commodore fandom and to give attention to the
25th Anniversary of the Commodore 64 and the Commodore PET.

This theme will be continued in the party we will give at our booth on the evening of the 23rd of August. We will
have a wealth of Commodore themed entertainment on offer and, together with Digitale Kultur, host the
Commodore Scene Lifetime Achievement Awards, in which we will spotlight the best modders, demo groups,
SID composers and other scenesters the community has on offer, as chosen by the scene itself. There will be
special guest, food, drinks, Commodore themed music and I want to invite you all to be part of this special
event! If you feel like to party with us, please send your name to c64party@commodoregaming.com and we’ll
put it down on the guest list.

Respectfully,
Michiel Kroder

2007-08-14 13:58
Sander

http://www.dkev.org/csa/
It has started..

So what do we think about this? And how could it be done better?
2007-08-14 15:40
taper

For starters, let people enter their choices themselves, instead of limiting voting to a few selected people/productions/gadgets, that indeed are talanted/wonderful, but only make up a small portion of available choices.

For instance, where is Pernod in the coder awards? Where is Escos in the demo awards? Tons of talanted graphicians are missing in the gfx awards... I could go on for ages. Instead of trying to cover all, let people write their choices instead.
2007-08-14 15:56
Sander

Trazan: There's a textbox for suggestions below each categorie.
2007-08-14 15:56
CreaMD

There are curently 2 problems.

1. anonymity that can lead to attempts to spam/manipulate the results.

2. I also see problem with the way how the selection is being updated (I've suggested wonderland IX but it didn't appear in list directly) This way the voter is forced to to wait for until the list gets updated in order to vote and he has to visit the site at least twice in order to get his voting done according to his preferences. That is not very convenient.

In fact, I have been contacted about this by Franky, few weeks ago. I gave some suggestions how this event could get more "weight" in eyes of audience and I also suggested that I would make the voting system at c64.sk etc. However, I wasn't consulted about the voting system later so I couldn't influence the way how it is organised.

:-/

p.s.: Taper's suggestion for free choices is good solution of problem #2. I think for better identification people could write CSDB ID's of the demos/events/entries.
2007-08-15 07:13
Sander

I'm in contact with them, as i was approached earlier for being on the jury. And one thing is very clear to me; they do NOT have any commercial purpose to this event. Actually, if you look at their recent activities (sponsoring Evoke and Breakpoint), it's kinda obvious. They want to pay a tribute to the scene, and i can only cherish that.
Yesterday i send them a email about having my doubts about the short timeframe, thus meaning a rushed process, and they're even discussing postphoning it.

I'm convinced they want to support us and pay a tribute to our history of activities. Imho, that's a great gesture for a commerical company.
So let's not be too harsch when they make 'mistakes' they couldn't have known, afaik the team is very small and do the most they can to meet out expectancies.
2007-08-15 07:41
Total Chaos

Can you get them to start producing hardware again?
*dady needs more 1541's*

;)
2007-09-10 11:08
Scout

In case you missed it (well, I did :-):

http://www.commodore-gaming.com/de-de/News/News+articles/Commod..

2007-09-10 11:28
chancer

I missed it..but

What piece of hardware makes the SID still a powerfull instrument today

no votes for the prophet 64? bah! , ofcourse people are gonna vote for the sid station, but it's for me a seperate thing as a result of the c64.

as for the hardware thing, how many voters owned the original action replay? It came a long way since v2.hehe

I like most of the votes though, but there is so many people doing quality things, thats tricky.

it would be interesting if they did the next year competition and the last years previous winner was one of the judges in their specific field..

hubbard is a legend but hhmm , I still think this years winners shouldn't be allowed to win again next year, maybe they'd agree out of fairness.. or perhaps they need more book ends =)

vote for me next time if they have a catagory for lazy
guy =)

(pretty please.hehe)
2007-09-10 12:10
Sander

There won't be a next year.(... and save me the funny apocalyptic jokes).
2007-09-10 12:17
yago

They could have at least spelled the nominated Stuff correctly.... Jailbirg, The Final Cartride ??

... 1 post hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Jammer
eryngi
wil
Didi/Laxity
Airwolf/F4CG
Exile/Anubis