Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > hardest game to crack
2004-02-19 02:11
Matt

hardest game to crack

probably asked a thrillion times before; but what was the hardest, toughest, most difficult game to crack?

just out of curiousity
2004-02-19 10:06
Radar
Account closed

Quote: probably asked a thrillion times before; but what was the hardest, toughest, most difficult game to crack?

just out of curiousity

Depends on the view of each person/group. Hysteric still thought that even GameOn had a copy-protection and a catridge-game was pure technical without any code at all. Others were laughing about every try of a copy-protection in general...

You see, it's hard to say...
2004-02-19 12:56
Cupid

Windows 95, I keep trying to crack on with the installation, but no go...

Seriously, MYTH was a hard one for a long time and anything with the same protection. Same goes for Huge cartridges.

Radar, who cares about Hysteric anymore? The question was which game is hardest to crack, not which group was lamer than you...
2004-02-19 13:41
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Windows 95, I keep trying to crack on with the installation, but no go...

Seriously, MYTH was a hard one for a long time and anything with the same protection. Same goes for Huge cartridges.

Radar, who cares about Hysteric anymore? The question was which game is hardest to crack, not which group was lamer than you...

@Cupid:
In comparisation of a group to any individual and by calling me lame it's quite obvious from your side to flame another nice round of postings once again on here.

Just based on stupid people like you, who can't even handle a real statement and who can't even read a decent argument, the postings on CSDB always start at the same level over and over again: Dumb little nerds without serious tasks are forcing the rudes to teach oldskool lessons again.

If you would have read my previous posting you would have gotten the lighning idea of the fact, that it depends on the person and the group who had/has the glad favour of doing/trying to create a working crack/version of a decent protected game. While you try to attack me over and over again (and you tried in the past by your foolish ironical posts) and by just ignoring you little dumb ass, I tried to keep the nerves down on you. But hey! You seem to simply beg for people like me, standing at the roof and watching the show of 'I wanna be famous - let's get into an argument with somebody who is a legend already'.

To state right now and here: People that never cracked any decent protection aren't able to judge at all. People Like Powerplant, Rockstar, Syndicate, Doc, Antitrack, Crisp or Snacky are the right people from who I repsect a decent answer. You simply don't fit into this list, don't you think?

You might have your skills somewhere else, what I can't judge and don't judge, but don't reply to postings you know jack shit about. Now call your friends in your group for help - I'm positive I'll see a lot of them on here from now on.
2004-02-19 15:19
Matt

well actually this topic says "what was the hardest game to crack" and not "who's the biggest shitass lamer". I don't care about that.

chill out guys :/
2004-02-19 16:06
Radar
Account closed

Quote: well actually this topic says "what was the hardest game to crack" and not "who's the biggest shitass lamer". I don't care about that.

chill out guys :/

Correct, but I can't define anybody into anywhere by coming up with stupid lyrics saying '...not which group was lamer than you'.

I tried to make the statement that a good cracker has other point of views compared to a bad cracker. Timex wasn't hard for me at that time, it has been for others. Such a question has been answered by the better crackers and not by those 'I know FCopy-III-Users'.

That's just the point of it. We can pop up Toki, where just a few knew how to handle the cartridge (like Powerplant, Drake & Rockstar). Others just got the already pulled code and made their version out of it. So it wasn't hard for those... It's always a question of the side you look from.
2004-02-19 16:07
Graham
Account closed

Quote: Depends on the view of each person/group. Hysteric still thought that even GameOn had a copy-protection and a catridge-game was pure technical without any code at all. Others were laughing about every try of a copy-protection in general...

You see, it's hard to say...

"game on" indeed had a timex copy protection for a few months.
2004-02-19 16:08
Mason

Well I wouldnt call them the hardest to crack, but most funny to crack.

The most annoying protection were Snake Load as you need almost kill everything to get it to load. It was ofcourse done in the disk version, but no on tape.

Besides that the more interesting protections were ofcourse Timex, but also the V-Max protection were funny. Also beta-skip on tape were funny entertaiment.

The one I laugh most about were Cyberload as people had so many problems with the loader and its so dead easy.
2004-02-20 10:54
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Well I wouldnt call them the hardest to crack, but most funny to crack.

The most annoying protection were Snake Load as you need almost kill everything to get it to load. It was ofcourse done in the disk version, but no on tape.

Besides that the more interesting protections were ofcourse Timex, but also the V-Max protection were funny. Also beta-skip on tape were funny entertaiment.

The one I laugh most about were Cyberload as people had so many problems with the loader and its so dead easy.

Timex was quite neat at the beginning, but after a few minutes of intense looking at it, it is very easy to understand. And yeah, I remember that GameOn tried to protect their disks, but with Timex at the beginning? I remember some weird load-routines but no real Timex.

Cyberload was no real protection at all, but some 'crackers' thought that any IRQ-loader was a protection already in the late 80s. Hahaha

Mason, do you remember any game with V-Max on it right away? I might know it under another name, but actually can't remember. What I'm wondering about is, that I didn't see any sort of 'SecuRom' for disk-games concerning C64 yet ;-)
2004-02-20 12:44
CreaMD

It could be interesting to make a database of types of C64 cracking-protections.

Btw. what "protection" was in Ironman orig? I had to make singlefile from it coz it was one of my most favourite games and there was some problems copying it. It was something simple I suppose. I could play it unlimitedly. Once I noticed I've finished it twice in a row while chatting with my sister ;-).

P.S. don't bash me I'm not boasting I'm just curious ;-)
2004-02-20 12:55
midfit
Account closed

@Radar: Wasn't Gravrace TIMEX protected? I think it was.

... 50 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fungus/Nostalgia
Guests online: 125
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)