Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Defilus ! (Registered 2024-10-04) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Think before you release here at CSDb
2008-04-04 08:31
HMVDVA
Account closed

Think before you release here at CSDb

Afval and I made a small mistake releasing Kuh Melking Preview because a few hours later we found out that this preview was actually a part of OstFriesland Games.
Even as a fake group we have our standards (and yes, quality control) so we decided to withdraw the release and delete it from CSDb.
Yesterday the release was recovered by the moderators and it re-appeared in the release list.
Why? Well, in their (the mods) opinion a release can't be deleted after it was released.
It sounds logical but...it was OUR (Hema + Troep) decision to withdraw OUR release!
We tried to convince them but they seem to ignore us.
So think before you release here at CSDb; as soon as you click that submit-button it's property of Perff and his henchmen.

... 29 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-04-04 15:23
Tim
Account closed

Well.. this reminds me of when a bunch of you guys asked me to remove the we ist scheisse picture I did not too long ago, which after having uploaded it and being corrected by friends and foes I wish I had not uploaded in the first place and I apologized for it.

I did not remove that, simply because it is a matter of think before you post.

Having said that, why does there still does the edit function still exist on all old posts you have made in a comment field? Action often causes reaction and I’d wish some of you would have the balls to leave your comments and/or apologize accordingly too.

Is that something the mods already voted on?
2008-04-04 15:26
chatGPZ

Quote:

Having said that, why does there still does the edit function still exist on all old posts you have made in a comment field? Action often causes reaction and I’d wish some of you would have the balls to leave your comments and/or apologize accordingly too.

Is that something the mods already voted on?

i totally agree that it shouldnt be possible to edit or delete comments... and so did other mods iirc. no idea why it hasnt been changed yet, perff? =P
2008-04-04 18:18
FMan
Account closed

Quoting Jazzcat
FMan: thought you quit? Still the same friendly guy I see...

Quoting CreaMD
Wasn't banned thanx to one of the henchmen.. blocked the poll with "no" vote! ;-)

I thought I explained this already as well... Oh, right, I did that in the message that was deleted for a reason I don't know by a moderator I don't know. No, under enormous pressure I "agreed to be thrown out" of #C-64 on IRC, but I did not quit the scene. And I don't understand why ppl want to ban me from CSDb. What the hell have I done wrong here? Have I deleted entries, changed their information, corrupted downloads or similar along those lines? No!

I have barely even touched the forums, compared to some fake sceners who have entered hundreds of messages with most of them meaningless. It's interesting that no matter what the topic, the talk soon turns to FMan should be banned. I hope it's dawned on you that at that time I would simply create a new account and become one more fake scener. Then I shall have my revenge and I would also declare war on everybody! Seriously, could we drop this subject?

I've never caused any harm to the database - in fact, the opposite is true: I have actually entered and added information and uploaded releases. But I guess secondary reasons take priority for many and the truth must subside to personal relationships - that's what happens when people get judged on hearsay. I didn't want to go, but now that I have earned the forum status of a 64er, I actually might leave you to yourselves - until I decide to go for 128!
2008-04-04 18:21
chatGPZ

Quote:

It's interesting that no matter what the topic, the talk soon turns to FMan should be banned.

oh phew.... and i thought it always turned into evil nazi moderator bashing. hooray for fman =P
2008-04-04 18:25
cadaver

Quote:
I hope it's dawned on you that at that time I would simply create a new account and become one more fake scener. Then I shall have my revenge and I would also declare war on everybody! Seriously, could we drop this subject?

If you did that, the evil nazi moderators would hunt you down and ban you again. As happened with nata :)
2008-04-04 18:28
chatGPZ

if you'd take the time and effort and make a war demo which is actually worth looking at i'd say... HELL YES! DO IT! =)
2008-04-04 18:32
Djinn
Account closed

Wow, JC, you're such a team player. Is it a reasonable assumption to say that you're not a people person away from the forums either?
2008-04-04 19:39
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Quote: Quoting Jazzcat
FMan: thought you quit? Still the same friendly guy I see...

Quoting CreaMD
Wasn't banned thanx to one of the henchmen.. blocked the poll with "no" vote! ;-)

I thought I explained this already as well... Oh, right, I did that in the message that was deleted for a reason I don't know by a moderator I don't know. No, under enormous pressure I "agreed to be thrown out" of #C-64 on IRC, but I did not quit the scene. And I don't understand why ppl want to ban me from CSDb. What the hell have I done wrong here? Have I deleted entries, changed their information, corrupted downloads or similar along those lines? No!

I have barely even touched the forums, compared to some fake sceners who have entered hundreds of messages with most of them meaningless. It's interesting that no matter what the topic, the talk soon turns to FMan should be banned. I hope it's dawned on you that at that time I would simply create a new account and become one more fake scener. Then I shall have my revenge and I would also declare war on everybody! Seriously, could we drop this subject?

I've never caused any harm to the database - in fact, the opposite is true: I have actually entered and added information and uploaded releases. But I guess secondary reasons take priority for many and the truth must subside to personal relationships - that's what happens when people get judged on hearsay. I didn't want to go, but now that I have earned the forum status of a 64er, I actually might leave you to yourselves - until I decide to go for 128!

I agree.
The problem is,that you are not licking jazzcats ass like other people,here.
Another problem is,that you have an other opinion as this australian kangaroo,so you will see, that he will attack you more and more in the future.
Thats the australian art of war.

Its better to be alone as play jazz with a cat.

2008-04-04 20:21
CreaMD

Your emotional instability in forums after your farewell post (that accused some sceners, including the one whom we are asslicking) was reason why we considered banning you.

The reason for second call for bannig were insultive posts under some releases by certain scener which you later removed. That is all.

You still tend to act a bit incosistently. On one ocassion you claim to be nice and harmless and on the other you belch flame and sulphur. E.g. the first post here is a bit too emotional. Why do you need to use so many insults like screw you imbecile.. , backboneless coward or, idiot asshole fake lamers in such a single post. Really not necessary. Not even one of them. It could be said completely without such attempts to insult without using 4 letter words (although you couldn't spare yourself of using it as intensifier later (I don't fkn care..) I don't say that this is reason for me thinking about ban being necessary in your case, but definitely it doesn't make me to believe that you are the person that you claim to be.
2008-04-04 20:28
Conrad

WTF? HMVDVA's user account is now closed ?! After nearly 12 hours?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MaD ][/Starship
Pararaum/T7D
Dipswitch/Up Rough
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)
Mythus/Delysid
MWR/Visdom