Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > The charts suck
2009-12-07 13:03
Grim Reaper
Account closed

The charts suck

Yhe voting charts here suck. 1994+ scene=dead. Even in 91 we were moving on to quiting, and probably should have earlier. Blahhh

... 29 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-12-07 15:31
Oswald

I find this a nice insight on the attitude of the earlier scene :) when things were still serious ;)
2009-12-07 15:31
Stainless Steel

Quoting him again
This brings me back to what, 1987 or something, warring on various BBS's. 8 Bit is dead.

A dime for every time we've heard that. Frankly, we're tired of people repeating the same shit over and over again.

in the words of a fellow sicko "whatever"
2009-12-07 15:39
Grim Reaper
Account closed

Quote: Dear Mr. Grim Reaper,

First of all, the PM was a mistake, I hit the wrong button.
Secondly, we love our 8-bit scene, it isn't dead for us.
Thirdly, my posting with "whateva man..." is insightful enough imo.
And finally, "Objective view"? Wtf are you smoking man? Views are subjective per definition. And my subjective view of you is again: "whateva man...".

1st of all you should know by now hitting the wrong butt-on is a mistake. Especially for a coder.
2nd love your 8-bit scene all you want, more power or should I say less power to you.
3rd "whateva man" is not insightful 1 bit.
and Finally I've a cigarette, don't do drugs. Your "view" was snapped by your "whateva man" which as I said sparked it off. Objective, nay-say. You're just covering up for your retardedness. Subjective as in some dork message?

Don't fool yourself into something your not. 8-Bit anal-king. You're making me sick.

This has been quite fun. Me stating what I see, you all (those into trying to trash me) have resorted to name changing. Geeze I thought that went out with IRC crap.. Guess I was wrong. The idiosyncrosys are rampent aroound here. Wrong time frame on my part-as this seemed like the mid 80's. Tell you what, you can have my disc notcher as I never used it, a simple hole punch or Swiss army knife had the same effect...chomp chomp pac-mania

See back to JackAssness, the movies sucked and so do you.
"A dime for every time we've heard that. Frankly, we're tired of people repeating the same shit over and over again."

Have a dollar you cheap schmuck.

"in the words of a fellow sicko "whatever""

In the words of myself without a bunch of drones around, whatever...

2009-12-07 15:48
Stainless Steel

well, i sure am glad we had this insightful discussion. And we're really glad you came here to tell us schmucks how the world works, outside our little 8bit universe.

2009-12-07 16:05
Soren

So this is just a thread about Grimme Ripper having some issues about nowaday's scene. Which he is not even part of.
But it doesn't change a thing for me... I am getting used to quite a bit of whining here on CSDB.
I am very pleased that there are still real sceners being active and doing really nice things these days.
To me all the whiners are just being dumped in the "whatever" folder in my head. Which is a place in my mind where I put crap that will be forgotton immediately.
Sorry... Quite a waste of time thread this is. ;-)
2009-12-07 16:12
Grim Reaper
Account closed

Quote: well, i sure am glad we had this insightful discussion. And we're really glad you came here to tell us schmucks how the world works, outside our little 8bit universe.

Damn right, glad you could admit it. That's the 1st step...

Let me correct you, I never said this is "how the world works". Don't put words in my mouth, as yours is reserved for your groupies.

Go now and enjoy your 8-bit universe... To be honest I find it pretty cool that some want to continue on with the old 8-bit, but as stated it's fucking old. If it pleases you and your cronies, well I can't argue with that. But don't phuck with me with snippets in the built in instant messanger. OKAY? I was a a war master, I left it behind long ago but as stated your IM was weird and ticked me off. "Hit the wrong button", sorry but I don't buy that. "Buy the ticket and take the ride" as HST would say.

I will fight my own battles, stupid as they may be, you started it. Now clear out and shut up. Afterthought: JackAss as in a Donkey? Don't be a mule...

Jeff (generic name generator) shut up or spell the handle correctly. Thank you very much...

Geeze these are like wimpering wars with ESI. Who we took all of their suppliers..because they asked us to join us.

Some where in Razor aswell..funny
2009-12-07 16:28
Matt

I think this guy is Wanderer in disguise.
Hahaa, gotcha!
2009-12-07 16:39
Grim Reaper
Account closed

Wrong useless one... Wanderer (-=Satan=-) was never in NEC! Gotcha was in Crazy, did a bitmap for me among other grfx. But I suppose you wouldn't know those things.

While he [Wanderer] tried, and coded some really bad stuff, ie a cruncher that has address limitations. A poor intro. No. He was not allowed in. In the Death Demon vs Wanderer war I of course sided with my friend up the st. DD/FBR. Who also sided with UCF and coded some nifty anti-ESI demos. Don't spit when it comes back in your face. Just ask JackAsser! He's a pro!

2009-12-07 16:44
CreaMD

In past (well.. few years ago to be exact)I was being being accused of not respecting the old ex-sceners. Heh. It's 2009 and instead of me bashing the occasional arrogant ex-scener with pre-internet discussion skills (probably earned on BBS-es), there is plenty of others doing this for me. I wonder if it was a kind of insecurity in me (you know, someone was doubting the thing I loved) that led me to bash those ex-guys.

I don't think it's necessary to waste time over introducing ex-sceners to todays C64 scene (society? ;-). They are usually not interested in wasting time over new C64 stuff. They are not interested in demoscene, legal scene or whatever we should call it nowadays (and usually never were). They never released anything after their "YEAR OF DEATH OF THE SCENE". There is unlimited number of possible reasons why those ex-sceners are detached from nowadays scene, and we should probably let them to keep (or destroy) their dignity. I'm sure there will be time when we will have chance to be in their position. And maybe it's not that far from now. ;-)

Oh.. ...I'm kinda proud to realise that gayness of my nick makes a nice addition to the general mood of the debate.
2009-12-07 17:04
Jon
Account closed

I'm just bummed out that when NTSC sceners come around, it usually goes just like this. By-Tor, Wanderer, Adam the Axe, and now Grim Reaper. I'm probably missing a few here, but all of these scenarios play out the same time after time. It's like deja-vu all over again.

And it really, really bums me out. But I repeat myself.

Jon
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fungus/Nostalgia
Worrior1/W1 Producti..
Mason/Unicess
Guests online: 68
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)