Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Poison/Oneway found dead
2011-05-08 20:10
Jucke

Poison/Oneway found dead

It is with big pain I am posting this. One of my closest friends both private and on the scene, Poison/Oneway (Radek Stypczynski) Poison was found dead friday may 6th. He died in his sleep in Hanoi Vietnam while taking a lunch nap visiting some artist friends over there. Hours before he said he was feeling a bit strange and ill, and then he didnt wake up from his nap. Nobody knows for sure what happened, but the doctor that first checked him said it might be a unlucky case of food poisoning or some virus or infection he caught that ran amok fast. He had no idea he was about to die. Last time i was in contact with him was just the day before he died. We, his old friends were informed saturday after the swedish embassy in vietnam had contacted his girlfriend and mother, and we were all totally shocked and devastated. Yesterday and today me and his old local friends met up and cried together. Poison was a dear friend and I personally had known him since 1989 when we first met on a copyparty, and since he had been a frequent party visitor for more than two decades he had alot of friends on the swedish c64 scene. He also was one of the most talented and unique pixel artists ive ever known, not to mention he was the king of petscii without anyone even being close to matching his style and skills. I myself feel like a big part of me has been ripped out from my heart, because during all my youth years, Poison was there. We were in several groups together, went to numerous dataparties, were close friends and lived in the same town for many years, painted petscii together, arranged music/dance parties for more than ten years where he did all the artwork and decorations, and the list goes on. Poison was one of the key friends in my life who made me become the adult i am today, so the loss is immense. If you were a friend to Poison and feel like expressing yourself, you can either post your condolences here or mail them to me joakim_cosmo@hotmail.com and i will make sure they reach his mother so she will see that her son was loved and will be missed. I felt it was my duty to take this upon myself being his closest scene friend. I have been crying since yesterday, and i almost never cry. It is very hard for me to write this now, but it must be done.

/Jucke

... 54 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-05-09 04:12
Joe

Rest in Peace
2011-05-09 06:43
iopop

Really sad news, just heard about it this morning, don't think I even have understood it yet.
2011-05-09 07:05
HCL

Poison was the typical true artist. He did his art in his own way, not competing with the vast majority of other artists. He didn't need using the best pixel techniques, strange graphics formats for maximum amount of colors or resolution etc. He expressed himself brilliantly with any prerequisites, also PETSCII as we have seen. Even though i didn't know him personally, i always admired him and his work. It's a deep sadness that overwhelms me when i hear these news. My deepest condolences.
2011-05-09 07:27
Total Chaos

Not Radek! One of the nicest sceners I've met IRL.
[IKEA]
Jucke, bamse kram, stor klump i halsen nu....
[/IKEA]

2011-05-09 07:37
FATFrost
Account closed

Rest in pixels brother. X
2011-05-09 07:52
Oswald

"He also was one of the most talented and unique pixel artists ive ever known, not to mention he was the king of petscii "

Rest in peace.
2011-05-09 08:21
Sander

For those interested, i'm glad i did an interview with him some years ago. See here: http://www.8bittoday.com/articles/7/notemaker-demo-ii-by-poison
2011-05-09 08:32
Dane
Account closed

Incredibly sad tio hear. The scene loses a very talented graphician, and Jucke among others loses a dear friend. You have my sincere condoleances.
2011-05-09 08:41
taper

When Jucke called me on Saturday with the bad news of Radek's demise, I first couldn't believe what I was hearing. To me, Poison was the kind of guy who could cope with anything, a survivor and probably one of the last people I would ever suspect to pass away so prematurely.

Eventhough I'm feeling very sad about this, I will always remember Radek with joy. The good times we had at scene events and meetings in Helsingborg, how he turned every trip to c64 parties in other towns into adventures for us who tagged along, and his unique personality.

My thoughts go to his family and closest friends, who have suffered a terrible loss.

Rest in peace, Radek. I will miss you.

/Taper

2011-05-09 08:43
Radiant

My deepest condolences. Always had the utmost respect for Radek's work. Will people please stop dying now? :-(
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX
Scrap/Genesis Project
Dr.j/Delysid
Alakran_64
Bitbreaker/Performers
The Human Co../Maste..