Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #4751 : Cincinnati Commodore Computer Club
2007-04-10 01:11
Moloch

Group id #4751 : Cincinnati Commodore Computer Club

This is a user group and _not_ a scene group... why is there an entry for it here?

... 36 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-04-11 09:21
BAR.
Account closed

Fade: You're boring

...Uh ist mir fade

Knoeki start adding all you want here or do you need others to do the job ?
2007-04-11 10:46
jailbird

I don't know what's the big fuss about it, really. At first I'd rather like to see all of the fake groups getting deleted from the database. I see much less harm of adding an okayish release which a computer group made under its own label than those utterly annoying SEUCK game cracks, ugly Basic demos, demo maker intros and their creators. And they're all being tolerated for some reasons.
Nevertheless, CCCC probably won't list all of their members here neither, only those who contributed to the scene. Sorry but this whole thread seems to me as nit-picking, nothing more.
2007-04-11 11:22
Twoflower

I repeat - CCCC is NOT A SCENE GROUP! Neither is the other usergroups. I don't care what they do and how much they speak about sceneproductions in their papermags as long as they don't actively are partaking in the scene. I'm glad that CCCC are doing what they're doing, but they DOESN'T BELONG IN THIS DATABASE. What is goddamn wrong with you people? Read the above statement by me one more time and tell me why the heck they belong here?

"Hmm, many sceners work at Nokia and participate in their get togethers. They have even mentioned that they discuss oldtime computers and scene-demos there. And they have written about it in their internal magazine aswell! Oh, Nokia belong here... Let's see, I shall add Jorma Ollila as organizer, Aleksi Eeben as a musician and Tao as a hardware guru!"
2007-04-11 12:47
Jon
Account closed

Jailbird wrote: "I see much less harm of adding an okayish release which a computer group made under its own label than those utterly annoying SEUCK game cracks, ugly Basic demos, demo maker intros and their creators. And they're all being tolerated for some reasons. "

My guess would be... because they are all part of scene history?

Your comments got me thinking... what is the mission statement of this site, and what is the primary goal and function?

Is it to chronicle the the scene, past and present? Or is it merely a platform for neosceners to release their stuff? If it's the former, why WOULDN'T "annoying SEUCK game cracks, ugly Basic demos, demo maker intros and their creators" be "tolerated"?

What about swap crews that didn't release anything? Should their entries be "tolerated"? What about old outdated phreak tools, scene released term programs and copy tools (Phoneman and Arts Backup, for example). Do they belong here?

So I guess what I am asking is: is the CSDb meant to be an encyclopedia of sceners past, present and future, or is it meant to be a gathering place for modern sceners who are currently releasing software? Or is it both?

If someone could kindly clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

-Ninj
2007-04-11 12:58
Scout

blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
2007-04-11 13:02
jailbird

Quoting Twoflower
"Hmm, many sceners work at Nokia and participate in their get togethers. They have even mentioned that they discuss oldtime computers and scene-demos there. And they have written about it in their internal magazine aswell! Oh, Nokia belong here... Let's see, I shall add Jorma Ollila as organizer, Aleksi Eeben as a musician and Tao as a hardware guru!"

And what would you do if Aleksi and Tao would decide to release a C64 demo under the label "Nokia"? :)

Well, CCCC is really none of my business but I still think it's much ado about nothing. I just tried to be sympathetic. If the majority concurs about the deletion, I'm with you.
2007-04-11 13:05
Scout

Just get rid of the fucking entry because it doesn't belong here.

Baracuda: fuck off
Ninjasbane: fuck off too

Love ya! <3
2007-04-11 14:28
BAR.
Account closed

Scout,
all what you are thinking is blablabla.
I know..

I didn't start this thread but i said let's think about all entries here in CSDB..

Scout fuck off it's easy to go to threads and say nothing but bla.. Should we now go in all threads edit our posts and add smilies, fuck offs, etc.. ?

Do you like to destroy CSDB ?

Well if yes, i'm sure you make a lot of friends..
But i'm sure you have some. LMA

CCCC will stay as all the other fake releases and the
fake groups will..

But i think what's wrong with CMN, Six and others doing stuff for them.. If all CCCC people write a Partyscroller then it counts.. ? Or must it have an Intro before and spread by disk or upload at a ftp.. ? Oh man..

I don't understand you here in CSDB hanging around and
opening threads like this. ONCE again:

CMN did a cover for the SCENE WORLD MUSIC and he is member of CCCC.. SIX did a release for CCCC.. Without CCCC no release from Six.. Expo is a party organised by them..
Without CCCC - No party..

Join these guys and don't make any differences between
the scene, the once here in 2007 and in the past please.

2007-04-11 14:33
Scout

Geez, what a huge amount of text to save an entry.
I ain't gonna read that.

No way.
2007-04-11 15:01
Jon
Account closed

Hi Scout!

Thanks for the love.

I guess you AREN'T the drug addled bloated sack of shit people tell me that you are!

They say you are a real ugly fuck, too. But I saw your picture and you are a stud!

Thanks again for your comments here and in my PM box! Send me another if you have time!

Ninjasbane
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Swallow/Censor Design
Xidex/7-Inch
algorithm
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
celticdesign/Gā˜…P/M..
K-reator/CMS/F4CG