Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > hardest game to crack
2004-02-19 02:11
Matt

hardest game to crack

probably asked a thrillion times before; but what was the hardest, toughest, most difficult game to crack?

just out of curiousity

... 50 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-07-20 14:42
Fungus

In Game protections are by far the worst nightmwares possible.

Go have a look at Star Rank Boxing for $2000+ of nice in games BS to remove, will take anyone quite sometime to do.

Not all DIsk protections are easy once you figure them out, some are still rather time consuming to extract the data. There also may be several different loaders imbedded in a game.

Still waiting for REM release which isnt V-max 3 (EASY) try V-max 1 or 2 (HARD) :))

2013-12-02 14:33
theWizard
Account closed

Quote: Well I wouldnt call them the hardest to crack, but most funny to crack.

The most annoying protection were Snake Load as you need almost kill everything to get it to load. It was ofcourse done in the disk version, but no on tape.

Besides that the more interesting protections were ofcourse Timex, but also the V-Max protection were funny. Also beta-skip on tape were funny entertaiment.

The one I laugh most about were Cyberload as people had so many problems with the loader and its so dead easy.

it was very easy , intercept the end rte and jump to a dump routine which saved the loaded data to disk , i was daunted by the visuals of cyber load it threw me a bit back in the day but when i got into the code it was dead easy.

the hardest one i ever come across was the hobbit disk version. the copy protection actually damaged the disc if you got it wrong , loved the loading screen though the dragon was fkn cool lol.

i played it the other day actually ... wait .. wait .. day dawns.
2013-12-02 21:38
No-XS

Quote: it was very easy , intercept the end rte and jump to a dump routine which saved the loaded data to disk , i was daunted by the visuals of cyber load it threw me a bit back in the day but when i got into the code it was dead easy.

the hardest one i ever come across was the hobbit disk version. the copy protection actually damaged the disc if you got it wrong , loved the loading screen though the dragon was fkn cool lol.

i played it the other day actually ... wait .. wait .. day dawns.

Lol, did you just reply more then 9 years after the last post, saying it was very easy to do? Did it take you all that time?? :D
2013-12-03 00:57
Rough
Account closed

The problem is more that someone dug up that Radar "I have no clue" lamer bullshit. This guy is a hopeless wreck, always been.
2013-12-03 02:50
theWizard
Account closed

Quote: Lol, did you just reply more then 9 years after the last post, saying it was very easy to do? Did it take you all that time?? :D

lol matey i was cracking games while you were still in your nappies. :)
2013-12-03 02:53
theWizard
Account closed

Quote: The problem is more that someone dug up that Radar "I have no clue" lamer bullshit. This guy is a hopeless wreck, always been.

hopeless wreck says the guy with the long blonde hair .....
2013-12-03 06:42
Bob

Noticed that my game Bouncy Balls was only cracked by F4CG after my guidence of free and safe addresses to use :) surprised that no one else cracked it. it actually doesn't have any copy prot.. took up all the menory :)
2013-12-03 17:16
theWizard
Account closed

Quote: Noticed that my game Bouncy Balls was only cracked by F4CG after my guidence of free and safe addresses to use :) surprised that no one else cracked it. it actually doesn't have any copy prot.. took up all the menory :)

never seen the game but be easy to crack mate even if its using full memory , just find a lump of unused ascii or an error routine thats never called and write your extra unpack routine into it ( nubs call it a code cave ).

or even smoother make a loader that loads each half of the game into memory from the unused shizzler you sniffed out , and allow the loader to partially over-write its self but never calling a routine its allready used.

or another way , dump the part you use for your loader then call a routine to load the used space.

theres more ways but i dont have time to tell ya them right now. if your interested drop me a pm and we will discuss it.
2013-12-03 19:40
Rough
Account closed

Quote: hopeless wreck says the guy with the long blonde hair .....

lol. you are obviously stupid and jealous. keep on laming, whatever jerk you are. nobody cares.
2013-12-03 21:37
chatGPZ

Quote: Noticed that my game Bouncy Balls was only cracked by F4CG after my guidence of free and safe addresses to use :) surprised that no one else cracked it. it actually doesn't have any copy prot.. took up all the menory :)

that happened to a bunch of games published by cherry software - whether the game was hard to crack had little to do with it =)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MMS_Z
Eclipse/Xymox
E$G/HF ⭐ 7
Guests online: 102
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)