Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Votesystem FAIL
2009-11-18 06:54
jailbird

Votesystem FAIL

OK, so why the vote system still exists, especially after all the devastating things it produces, is absolutely way beyond me.
It's rarely a representation of an objective, summarized opinion of the community. Either it's a playground for immature ding-dong fights I've had the luck to experience the last time in kindergarten, or it's simply a place for good old fashioned circlejerks.

I second Scout. At least I second the notion that this isn't really a place where I'd like to spend my spare time.

The constant pop-ups of topics considering the defecting vote-system is clearly a sign of something not working here the way it should. And yet, the cry ups keep getting ignored. For years.

Captain obvious is here to present you two options. One is to finally fix it, the other is to remove it for good. The latter one would be probably the best for all of us. And I think I'm speaking in the name of 99% of CSDb users here when I say that. Time to realize we are not IMDb with hundreds of millions of users, where a similar voting model works (more or less). Here, it's flawed and it simply fails on many, many levels

Pretty pretty please. Dudes who make and administer this site. Your work is fucking damn appreciated. I'd suck of all of you without a single second of consideration.

But for fucks sake.

... 187 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-11-19 02:10
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: Quote:
you seem overly obsessed with my persona, if you can point out a bug, you will do that, just for your own satisfaction and point the finger : "you messed up! hahaha!" - instead of just listening the music or watching the demo.

Nopes, I am not obsessed with your persona.

To tell you the truth I think you act completely arrogant and unfair most of the times calling other people`s work worthless, crap and what not while delivering mediocre stuff praising it to death (the only club style sid in existence, opus, etc etc).

That is the only reason for me to point that stuff out.

And for the record ... I never downvoted anybody including you.

The only praising i can find of my own stuff, is that one thing you mention, 12th dimension.

i ask you again, give me the hvsc links to other mix tunes, since i dont know where they are.
2009-11-19 05:06
NecroPolo

@GT: Backwards? That must end up to be some Black Sabbath song, or some sentence from Corrado Balducci's brilliant book I liked so much :)

@Randall: Would I mistake objective anything with subjective anything? Don't know man. Just turn on any contemporary hit station. Those represent the mass success, money, fame, top-of-the-hill, whatsoever - so it's some objective measurement of recognition, right?

Now start counting acts that you consider to be really talented. Great singers who could exist without autotune (even for small sections) and don't go offkeys onstage. Superb musicians who could exist without extensive editing (or even play better live than recorded). Perfectly carved melodies. Meaningful lyrics. Songs that you will remember after a long time. Things that influence you to make music. Fresh ideas... Are these qualify as "musical value"?

After all, maybe, you're right - I'm a mofo who can see the world only from his skull, my opinion won't change yours and your won't change mine. Amen to that. Now let's have beers. Cheers!

Indeed, considering "hit music" the first word that comes to my mind is "shitstorm" and my mind wants to bite off my ears and my hands want to crank my Marshall up so high that sound waves start to blast cracks to the concrete :)
2009-11-19 07:10
Oswald

Quote: Personally I'm against voting system, because IMHO the database should be objective, just like a book where we can found important datas.

CSDb is not only a database, but is the scene's central hub, releasesite, community forum, etc. For most people its rather this, than a database imho. If it wasnt intended to be so, then please shut down the forums/comments/votings now and stop this madness :)
2009-11-19 07:33
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Like i said: solve it all by making all votes public.
and get proper admins that remove offtopic comments on releases.

and have the admins encourage people to talk nicely, and tone down the kindergarten gene:

then this is a pretty nice place to be, like it was when it started. but i feel the bitching has grown, due to lack of real moderators.

do something about it!

i raise awareness! i am your bad conssience! :D
2009-11-19 07:35
A Life in Hell
Account closed

You are all idiots.
2009-11-19 07:39
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: You are all idiots.

you sir, just pour more fuel on the fire with that remark
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 20 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
rexbeng
Britelite/Dekadence
cba
Board Rider/Commodor..
Ghost/Quantum
Freeze/Blazon