Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Poison/Oneway found dead
2011-05-08 20:10
Jucke

Poison/Oneway found dead

It is with big pain I am posting this. One of my closest friends both private and on the scene, Poison/Oneway (Radek Stypczynski) Poison was found dead friday may 6th. He died in his sleep in Hanoi Vietnam while taking a lunch nap visiting some artist friends over there. Hours before he said he was feeling a bit strange and ill, and then he didnt wake up from his nap. Nobody knows for sure what happened, but the doctor that first checked him said it might be a unlucky case of food poisoning or some virus or infection he caught that ran amok fast. He had no idea he was about to die. Last time i was in contact with him was just the day before he died. We, his old friends were informed saturday after the swedish embassy in vietnam had contacted his girlfriend and mother, and we were all totally shocked and devastated. Yesterday and today me and his old local friends met up and cried together. Poison was a dear friend and I personally had known him since 1989 when we first met on a copyparty, and since he had been a frequent party visitor for more than two decades he had alot of friends on the swedish c64 scene. He also was one of the most talented and unique pixel artists ive ever known, not to mention he was the king of petscii without anyone even being close to matching his style and skills. I myself feel like a big part of me has been ripped out from my heart, because during all my youth years, Poison was there. We were in several groups together, went to numerous dataparties, were close friends and lived in the same town for many years, painted petscii together, arranged music/dance parties for more than ten years where he did all the artwork and decorations, and the list goes on. Poison was one of the key friends in my life who made me become the adult i am today, so the loss is immense. If you were a friend to Poison and feel like expressing yourself, you can either post your condolences here or mail them to me joakim_cosmo@hotmail.com and i will make sure they reach his mother so she will see that her son was loved and will be missed. I felt it was my duty to take this upon myself being his closest scene friend. I have been crying since yesterday, and i almost never cry. It is very hard for me to write this now, but it must be done.

/Jucke

... 60 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-05-19 17:01
NecroPolo

I'm really sad to hear that. Rest in peace, fellow 64er.

I did not know him but I liked his art. Condolences for all the friends/relatives.
2011-05-29 18:34
Jucke

Here is information about Poisons funeral, in swedish:

"Radek Stypczynskis begravning äger rum i Pålsjö kapell i Helsingborg fredagen den 10 juni klockan 13.
Valfri klädsel. O.s.a till tel 042-130988 eller info@jensenbegravning.se senast 6 juni.
Minnesstund efteråt i Eriks (dino/judas) Ateljé på Abf-huset på södergatan 65."

If you knew him and feel sadness in your heart, feel free to come and cry along with the ones who loved him, including myself.
2011-06-07 21:41
Tim
Account closed

Such sad news :(
Rest in peace Poison.
Condolances to family & friends.
2011-06-09 08:23
linde

I didn't know him, but I'm sad to hear it. I enjoyed his notemaker demos a lot. My best wishes to friends & family.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
JCH/Vibrants
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
chesser
JackAsser/Booze Design
Max/Flat3
Scrap/Genesis Project