Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > boobsploitation
2013-12-30 09:27
Bitbreaker

boobsploitation

So i never understood the fuzz about choosing boobs as a motif. Nude bodies have always been part of art. Also boobs are a thankful motif, as they keep one motivated to continue and finish a picture. Actually i adore and worship the female body. For me, nothing does feel wrong about that. But i somehow feel like there's a lot of mental masturbation going on. So feel free to bring your arguments against boobs forward. Maybe some nice drama will develop from that!
And yes, of course i'll continue drawing boobs, don't bother :-)

... 251 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-01-06 20:41
TheRyk

The whole discussion is rather a theoretical one, since I guess this one percent females in scene takes more to be scared off than some blocky boobs or vagagas no matter in which c64 resolution or gfx mode anyway. In the end, some will always shout out "Quote durch Titte!" (German for "Votes for Boobies!") at live competetition. Some actually mean it, others only pretend or are ironic :)

I don't think that you or algo or me or others will care a lot about the feelings of so-called women's rights activist no matter of what sex. However, even I see a difference between those poorly converted slideshows from the mid/late 80s and true art on the one side but also high def pr0n of today on the other side.
2014-01-06 21:11
DeeKay

Quoting Jailbird

I see a lot of men working their assess off in gyms, laying in the tan bed or ruining their health with steroids just because they are uncomfortable in their natural bodies since popular culture, but even traditional art suggests that we should be aggressive, ripped and masculine - whilst a lot of women expect us to fit into that image. Interestingly, no one mentions all those pictures here which reaffirm stereotypical, unnatural male body shapes and cliched roles. By definition, they seem to me sexist as well.

2014-01-06 21:11
CreaMD

<Post edited by CreaMD on 6/1-2014 22:21>

Quoting Six
it's the sort of harassment that Mermaid has experienced. If there's something we need to address and eliminate from our community, I think that behavior should be at the top of the list.

Six, absolutely agree with you. Actually I always said, the he person who is constantly voting 5 points (or less) to her pics should be banned from CSDB. Because it's obvious it's done because of some sort of grudge against her. Dunno if the same person was sending harrasing stuff to Mermaid or someone else, but such things can't be solved without her cooperation.

However, I don't think that such harrasment is happening just *because* someone os being weak, or woman. She is opionated and has strong views on some things. On internet all you need to get "response" is having opinion. I've got phonecalls, got subscribed to mailing lists, got subscribed to call me back forms of various insurance / bank etc. stupid institutions, was insulted, mocked up... it went to such extent that I wasn't sure if the thing that happened was coincidence or another "joke" (my site was reported to be sending spam, my host contacted me to fix the problem (they didn't say what it was) and when I was checking back with the institution which initiated the "investiation" there was no person that could tell me details about how I was reported and why). I'm not paranoiac, but mean things like this can probably be quite harmful, if you don't give a f... ;-). I don't comment or react when such things happen, not showing that you care is probably the best way to "turn the tables on".
2014-01-06 21:21
chatGPZ

Quote:
That and the fact that i use my nowadays skills to achieve what i couldn't as a teenager, might make me appear naive, i'm fine with that, i see it as a compliment.

THIS. (i demand <blink> tag)

and now look at this. dont you love how number 6 accurately resembles bitbreakers petscii? =)
2014-01-06 21:40
DeeKay

for what it's worth: I don't think any testosterone-loaded immature scener forced Lycan (yes, female ofcourse) to paint/pixel this picture of nekkid sex-ready chix lusting at the viewer:

(BBcode img resize feature no worky, gpz!)

My 2 cents: Boobs are great! I never mind seeing them, also in competitions. But bitbreaker's original question hasn't been adressed so far in this thread: IS there really "boobsploitation" going on? I've been in the scene for a very long time, and tbh i cannot recall a single competition from the top of my head that a boob pic has won against a technically superior non-boob-pic. So DO boobs really influence people's voting decisions? I think not. In the rather scarce cases where boob pics have won compos (hello, Dane! ;-) they were *always* also technically well done (hello again, Dane! ;-). I may be wrong since I cannot remember the results of every single gfx competition, feel free to quote some examples if you find them!...
Also: We have also seen our share of rather homoerotic sweat-glistening muscular male bodies in the Vallejo days, haven't we? <:-) And Bitbreaker is not known for dissing the male genitalia in his productions either! ;-D

That being said, i was rather shocked to hear what Mermaid had to endure. I would have never guessed that people like that exist within the scene, and I am truly sorry to hear that! I'm quite sure they only exist at the remote perimeter of the scene though, cause clearly anyone claiming that people only vote for Mermaid because she has tits is a fucking ridiculous idiot and has no idea what he's talking about!... He does still deserve a proper punch in the throat though (and that's from a straight pacifist!) for saying insanely stupid things and for trying to put down one of the most amazing artists the scene has ever seen...

If it's any comfort to you: The males among themselves aren't always bunch of cozy fellas either. Remember "ragwars"? As for me: I've had a guy (also posting in this thread btw) write a whole article slagging me down in some mag - and I had NEVER EVEN MET THE GUY! I truly have *no* idea whatsoever what drove him to do that, but hey, there's new assholes born every second, right? <:-) No need to waste your precious lifetime worrying more than 5 seconds about what drives them to act that way...
2014-01-06 22:07
Achim

Quoting DeeKay
That being said, i was rather shocked to hear what Mermaid had to endure. I would have never guessed that people like that exist within the scene, and I am truly sorry to hear that! I'm quite sure they only exist at the remote perimeter of the scene though, cause clearly anyone claiming that people only vote for Mermaid because she has tits is a fucking ridiculous idiot and has no idea what he's talking about!...

Talk to any woman about her experiences with men (regardless of scene or profession) and you'll hear stories like that. Or stories that are even worse.
2014-01-06 22:10
Krill

Quoting Bitbreaker
If you want to know what keeps most of the women away from scene: They say: Keep me away from that goddamn unfucked (it is not my words, but women's words) nerds. I asked quite some ladies aboout what they think about the scene, and they all went just went "oh noes /o\"
Wow, this is quite unlike my experiences. When was this, and how old were those women? Most females i showed demos to reacted rather positive and mildly interested in my explanations about demos, their creation, their makers and the parties. No negative stereotypes like those you mentioned popped up. Interesting.
2014-01-06 22:29
TheRyk

OT: Anyone who (no matter for which reason: grudge, sex, whatsoever) does not see that Mermaid is one of the most excellent versatiel multitalents in scene is a dork and should be ignored, no matter if he is a dork in public like that Yoko guy or anonymously like the majority of dorks. I'd state the same if I was talking about a guy.

BTT: Though what Mermaid reports about being reduced to her double x chromosome in order to downtalk votings results is really silly behaviour, I do not see what this has to do with female body in pixel art.
2014-01-06 22:31
chatGPZ

Quote:
As for me: I've had a guy (also posting in this thread btw) write a whole article slagging me down in some mag - and I had NEVER EVEN MET THE GUY!

pffff. they didnt even make a website showing your photo and some hilarious truth about yourself? not even a little fan video ? lame :)
Quote:
Most females i showed demos to reacted rather positive and mildly interested in my explanations about demos, their creation, their makers and the parties.

that said, most people who i tell what i am doing in my spare time are trying to be polite and not burst out in laughter. the only thing noteable about women there is, they are better at it, or perhaps men just dont care enough.
2014-01-06 22:41
TheRyk

right, females are much better in at least pretending trying to understand any explanations about our obsession many while 8 bit indifferent males would just roll their eyes at you and tell you frankly to shut the f--- up and get a life, I have no problems with either reaction :)
Previous - 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | ... | 26 | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Case/Padua
Ghost/Quantum
Acidchild/Padua
MAT64
icon/The Silents, Sp..
tlr