Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #198256 : Robot Jet Action Preview +
2020-12-19 19:07
Moderators

Release id #198256 : Robot Jet Action Preview +

User Comment
Submitted by Joe [PM] on 19 December 2020
Hahahaha! I'm going to give this a 5, just like I gave Migges a 1 there on the other day from ripping Activions work and people around here charish it.

User Comment
Submitted by Carrion [PM] on 19 December 2020
@ian
Im going to defend my releases. always!

and as I did few times (not all the times!) I'm going lough at lame crackers who crack previews of games - from time to time.

and I'm perfectly aware of CSDB standards. I like the idea that commercial releases are not downloadable from CSDB. that's what I actually said below. read It pls once again. in fact this is what I expected from any cracker. but RJA preview was downloadable for few hours. duh!

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 19 December 2020
Are you going to repeat this whining about games getting cracked on every crack release in CSDb? Or just here because some of your friends release has been touched?
It's normal that games takes effort to be made and they are sold, it doesn't stop cracking groups from releasing them. Even modern PC games gets released by crackers, in these days on GOG some games, which are already DRM/protection free on that site, are given away from free, still PC groups are downloading and releasing them, despite they are not protected and free for download. It's normal on every platform. Live with it.
And if you haven't noticed, there is no public download links for recently sold games in here exactly as a favour to let them been sold for some time.

User Comment
@ian

I don't actually care what people did back then. I really believed that now when something is commercially sold it's a standard that it's not downloadable on csdb right away.

How stupid one has to be to go to the K&A website. Buy the magazine with the cover disk and then few hrs later publish the crack.
And please don't say it's just a preview and sold with a magazine and not a full blown boxed release. The effort K&A guys and myself put into both products is big. (Their efforts is actually much bigger) We did it to attract more c64 fans to great magazine K&A plus surely is! Game was additional bonus to make the #17 issue even more popular.

@Krill
The message in the memory was left to crackers as a last resort to give them a chance to rethink what they plan to do ;)
more or less it says:

"RJA K&A preview release is a part of a commercially sold product. Please consider not cracking it"

Maybe it's my bad and I should state "Please consider not uploading it to CSDB"
but I'm almost sure they haven't seen the message at the end of used memory.

User Comment
"I'm stupid", thanks Ian for the stamp on my head!

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 19 December 2020
carrion & joe: how stupid to comment like that about something that has been done in the past ~40 years by every group. Welcome to the C64 scene. :D
Set CSDb View to demo only and don't bother to look at releases you don't care about, maybe? You'll save yourselves from the annoyance. *shrug*

User Comment
Submitted by Krill [PM] on 19 December 2020
So what's the message at $9ba6? Cannot check because no download link. =)

User Comment
What Carrion said.

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 19 December 2020
Writing "don't do xy" always has been a good way to make sure "xy" will be done :o)

Game is a bit slow paced for my taste. Looks and sounds gorgeous though - let's hope they will tweak the gameplay before the final.

User Comment
ah yes. cracking the previews...
how stupid you have to be to do this?

pls... go to monitor and do:
ii 9ba6

read it few times if you don get it.
2020-12-19 19:15
Krill

Maybe this is some kind of elaborate ploy to generate attention via drama. =)

I mean, previews are normally meant to promote the final product, and as such spread as much as possible, and for free.

Limiting it to distribution via a commercial magazine, then complaining about separate distribution without that magazine... Is the magazine worthless when you have the preview already? =)

At least i wouldn't have taken notice of this game if the intro-linked preview hadn't popped up here.

I'm confused.
2020-12-19 19:25
chatGPZ

Mission accomplished =)
2020-12-19 20:35
Ghost

No publicity is bad publicity ;)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Alakran_64
Honesty/Covenant/Ons..
grasstust/Hoaxers
rambo/Therapy/ Resou..
jmin
tlr