Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #90156 : Mantronix Rules
2021-07-19 20:50
Thinker

Release id #90156 : Mantronix Rules

I am kind of drunk and nostalgic right now.

I never was a pillar of the scene, I was always in awe what the big guys did back then. At least I could improve things like early 2x2 scroll routines back then in the 80s when I studied what other folks did. Got hate for it when I mentioned it in a comment of a demo where I got my first knowledge and code from.

I don't know why, I have a fond memory of the last part of that: Mantronix Rules

I have no means of looking into the code by now. I would have to reeducate myself so much, especially in using newer tools. But I still remember I was very happy with that, with a slight regret that I didn't move the sprites to the upper byte of the screen, ehm, shift it to the right after all.

Can you tell me by having a glance in some kind of monitor, was it ok what I did there? I really don't know why I think it was good what I did there. I may be totally mistaken. :-)

(and actually, I have a fond memory of the second part as well, just because I shifted to little sprites in.)
2021-07-19 21:10
Thinker

Yikes, ok, it's the second file from that disk, "MAX RULES II", that was what I was looking at.

Sorry, if I wasted some time.

(and that was probably the last thing I've ever done, I wish I would have not sold my C64 back then, with all my disks...)
2021-07-19 23:51
TheRyk

Quote:
probably the last thing I've ever done

Let's hope not! Suicide ain't no solution, no matter if you
a) bite your ass for having sold you first C64 (I gave mine away for free in early 90s)
b) suck at assembler some 33 years after your last piece of code, there are ppl having learned it rather recently without having known shit in 80s, so why shouldn't you be able to refresh your rotten skills
c) exaggerated with the booze and ignored the "Don't drink and post" rule, can happen to anyone of us, ain't a little loss of control/making a fool of ourselves one of the main reasons to drink
d) any other reason

PS: It's a nice state-of-the-art 1988 mega demo :)
2021-07-20 20:08
Thinker

Haha, thanks!

It won't be suicide. for sure. ;-)

Man, but c) "Don't drink and post"? I must have been so wasted, I can still express myself surprisingly well in English after reading what I posted. Just a few mistakes.

I logged in to an unrelated forum today, and was greeted with a mod message, "deleted as ordered" for a thing I posted in the "Your music" thread. I really wonder what I did there. Maybe I posted a C64 piece, found it silly some minutes later and sent the mods a request to delete it? I have no clue at all. I cannot remember.

So c), yeah, sometimes I really don't follow c).
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Codey/Second Dimension
Alakran_64
csabanw
iceout/Avatar/HF
Viti/Hokuto Force
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum