Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Nicron ! (Registered 2024-05-21) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #3345 : Stupid Rainbows Compo
2023-10-09 13:00
spider-j

Event id #3345 : Stupid Rainbows Compo

A few final thoughts by moi:

As some people repeat scene is not a good place for politics I strongly
disagree. I think C64 scene is a perfect place for debate and even making fun
of each other while having still something that connects each individuals
beyond their personal beliefs and world views. I like that there are a few
places left outside of social media echochambers where people are challenged in
their own opinions and beliefs because they're confronted with people that think
otherwise.

And art is a great way to deliver insights in world views not only by plain
descriptive language but also by emotions that can be transported by visuals and
music.

I had many debates / arguments with people with other political views at scene
parties and I enjoyed it very much. It is so much easier to overcome predjudice
when you meet in a space where you're already brought to because you have some
shared interest.

And although I also like to give some silly comments online: I think its good
that jetan, who kind of unwillingly started this compo didn't step back and
hides in this room, but expressed his view in a creative act.

As someone who fell into the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and internet
echochambers myself in my early twenties (after 9/11) I understand that it is
not easy to get out of it and realize that it's not "the others", but indeed
yourself who is "indoctrinated". I sincerly wish you all the best, jetan.

And thanks @TheRyk for making a compo out of it. It was good fun and among the
usual silly stuff there were also some real good productions made.

Cheers,
spiderCorn :-)

... 21 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-10-10 00:16
Fungus

Politics are stupid, and no one cares what you think.

Take it to twitter.
2023-10-10 08:25
spider-j

Quoting Fungus
Politics are stupid, and no one cares what you think.

What do you think qualifies you to comment on that matter? Do your cracking things – I won't tell you what to do there – and let us do our creative things. Thanks :-*
2023-10-10 09:07
Fungus

I made demos first, and I've been around since the early 90s, that qualifies me I think. You can express your opinion and so can I.

I'm not here to fight with you, I'm too old for it. You don't care what I think either, obviously. See how that works?

Again, where's the fun in pissing and moaning and whinging and whining hmm? Just spreads the negativity, why bother?

At this risk of being called a troll yet again, you are coping so hard right now.
2023-10-10 09:30
wacek

My personal viewpoint on the fact that politics have no place in the demoscene has nothing to do with freedom and expression of views etc. but with the fact that we are so bombarded by it in our everyday life, that I am personally looking for a safe haven that is separated from it. In my case this is something that breaks families apart (I think there are a lot of such cases).
And the second reason is that due to manipulation of politics using nowadays technology we are losing valuable talented people like mojzesh and jetan (yes, I said it), and I'm not only talking about them leaving groups/scene. I am talking about the influence of politics to the point when we are not able to talk like normal people only because we are different in that way. Which is so damn fucking sad.
You may differ in your view, of course.
2023-10-10 09:38
MagerValp

Lemme get this straight.

When someone posts a dumbass political comment on a release, we should fuck off to Twitter instead of starting a compo with 32 entries making fun of it. Because you made demos in the 90s you're an authority and we should consider this a valid viewpoint.

Did I misinterpret something?
2023-10-10 09:42
Fungus

Jesus MV, hate me that much? Yeah I think you misinterpreted it about as much as you possibly can.

F'in people and your double standards.

I'm with Wacek 300%.
2023-10-10 10:15
ChristopherJam

Quoting spider-j
A few final thoughts by moi:

#include standing_ovation.gif

Well said!
2023-10-10 10:43
F7sus4

Quoting spider-j
As someone who fell into the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and internet echochambers myself in my early twenties (after 9/11) I understand that it is not easy to get out of it and realize that it's not "the others", but indeed yourself who is "indoctrinated".

Which is why philosophy of science perhaps should be considered a universal subject. Without intellectual tools allowing to properly verify sources and differentiate their credibility, getting out of one trap and falling into another is only a matter of time.

Quoting wacek
I am talking about the influence of politics to the point when we are not able to talk like normal people only because we are different in that way. Which is so damn fucking sad.

A quick glance at history might lead to the conclusion that this has always been the case, unfortunately. Maybe we were just too young to care enough yet. And so, the cycle continues.
2023-10-10 10:45
MagerValp

No Fungus, I've always respected your work and you've always been friendly and helpful to me. Which is why I'm hoping that you mean something else, but that's what it reads like.
2023-10-10 10:48
Flotsam

I participated in the compo because I truly fucking love rainbows. I also love the song I crappily covered. I didn't participate to mock jetan because that would be bullying and us adults don't bully. I'm about as liberal as liberals come and somewhat disagree with what he wrote, but that's it. I disagree with him, but don't wish to mock him or supress his thoughts. I hope I wasn't doing that when I participated - for me it was about rainbows, not about being against one person with a differing opinion.

I'd like to think that us C64 people in year 2023 are anarchistic, tolerant and wise enough to not try to shut out people who want to express their non-mainstream opinions in Commodore domain, may they be pro-Nazi, anti-gay, anti-fat-old-bald-guy (I'm all that) or anti-cute-puppies. Disagree, don't disallow.

Oh, and anyone who disagrees with me on all this - fuck off. Rainbows forever.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
Oswald/Resource
grasstust/Hoaxers
Fzool/Salva Mea/Smas..
Harry Potthead
WVL/Xenon