Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > filmmaker seeking contact info for David Dunn & Jeroen Kimmel...
2008-09-05 22:15
itstheit
Account closed

filmmaker seeking contact info for David Dunn & Jeroen Kimmel...

All:

I use c64 music to score my films, and have the permission of over three dozen former Commodore 64 composers in doing so.

After an exhaustive search on the internet (including a few false leads; apparently, there's a David Dunn also working at Bungie (producers of the Halo series), in Seattle, WA, and some of the c64 David's games are incorrectly credited to him on some online sites), I am unable to find the means of reaching either David Dunn or Jeroen Kimmel (and I'm pretty good at finding people).

Anyway, anyone who knows anything can reach me at itstheit@hotmail.com. In return, I will be happy to credit whoever responds in the videos in which I use their music.

Thanks,
Gabriel Noel
itstheit productions
gn

... 11 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-09-07 01:20
TDJ

Quote: It is J kimmel there. he moved back from south africa some years back.

We had a thread about him @ the Focus forum not too long ago, after I saw his name in the credits for a documentary as voice-over .. Funny how sceners creep up in the strangest places.

Anyway, given that his name is Jeroen Kimmel, and he lives in Holland, he's not that hard to find (http://www.jeroenkimmel.nl) ;)
2008-09-07 07:23
itstheit
Account closed

Quote: We had a thread about him @ the Focus forum not too long ago, after I saw his name in the credits for a documentary as voice-over .. Funny how sceners creep up in the strangest places.

Anyway, given that his name is Jeroen Kimmel, and he lives in Holland, he's not that hard to find (http://www.jeroenkimmel.nl) ;)

It turns out, the fellow I'm looking for WAS in Holland, but is now in South Africa. He wrote me about an hour ago.

Thanks, anyway.

gn
2008-09-07 07:56
itstheit
Account closed

Quote: If you're searching for male actors, I'd gladly play any of the main roles (but no gay stuff pls)

I have yet to have the budget to either film in Serbia, or bring people from Serbia to me (I am in Canada), but I will keep your offer in mind if that ever changes.

By the way (and this is if you mean 'gay' as in homosexual), I think the only gay character in my foreseeable slough of fiction projects is the widow of a civil partnership in Tasmania (and he is only heard in a single phone conversation).

Why Tasmania? They're a decade or two behind the ball on same-sex legislation, so it's an interesting place to have such a character.

gn

2008-09-07 10:17
Stryyker

I don't think Tasmania is any further behind than some other areas of Australia. Perhaps a red-neck area of USA could be a better target.
2008-09-07 18:16
itstheit
Account closed

Quote: I don't think Tasmania is any further behind than some other areas of Australia. Perhaps a red-neck area of USA could be a better target.

The research I'd done, things are fine in Tasmania, now, but from my understanding, things 5-10 years ago is where countries like Canada and Holland were 20-30 years ago. I suppose that was what I meant.

Anyway, the other reason Tasmania was chosen was because it is thousands of miles away from the lead character (a necessity, as respect some of the goings-on in the script). I'm still shopping the script about. Should I happen to get financing for it in Australia, and they wish the lead character to be Australian, maybe I'll take up your suggestion.

gn
2008-09-07 18:49
jailbird

Quoting itstheit
By the way (and this is if you mean 'gay' as in homosexual),

Homo...what?!? No way, dude. Now I am sad.
2008-09-07 19:04
Wile Coyote

Quote: All:

I use c64 music to score my films, and have the permission of over three dozen former Commodore 64 composers in doing so.

After an exhaustive search on the internet (including a few false leads; apparently, there's a David Dunn also working at Bungie (producers of the Halo series), in Seattle, WA, and some of the c64 David's games are incorrectly credited to him on some online sites), I am unable to find the means of reaching either David Dunn or Jeroen Kimmel (and I'm pretty good at finding people).

Anyway, anyone who knows anything can reach me at itstheit@hotmail.com. In return, I will be happy to credit whoever responds in the videos in which I use their music.

Thanks,
Gabriel Noel
itstheit productions
gn

Can't help you out on the David Dunn search.

I'm into digital video and editing. I've made a couple of films for the NIN Ghost Film fest.

Nine Inch Nails - 25 Ghosts III - Sex, Drugs and Industrial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQIbN-rlEc

Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV - Ghost 1 - Mermaid Apparition (fixed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39r9OqZruI0

My editing is better than my camera work ;)

I'm just off to check out your films
(http://www.youtube.com/itstheit)

2008-09-22 05:27
itstheit
Account closed

Hey, guys. David Dunn contacted me a few days ago, and is letting me use his music. I am uber-excited. Thanks to those who've helped me.

gn
2008-09-24 10:57
Sander

Nice WEC, didn't know you were into film.
2008-09-24 19:50
Wile Coyote

Quote: Nice WEC, didn't know you were into film.

I have 400+ DVD's. I really like filming and editing. Its just finding the time and ideas. I'm always coming up with ideas, end up abandoning them, due to lack of time, money, locations. Maybe one day I'll make a really good short.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Viti/Hokuto Force
Guests online: 112
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)