Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > The init and playadress in cybertracker tunes
2009-05-09 18:46
Fredrik

The init and playadress in cybertracker tunes

Can someone help me find out the play and initadress in the cybertracker tune:

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/download.php?id=99264

so i can enter the facts in sidedit.
I know nothing about machinecode.

... 6 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-07-14 13:50
jmx64
Account closed

hi

I used a lot cybertracker

so if you want a sid for HVSC, that's a pain in the ass, you should give your ct file to the ctpacker but in work just sometime, when the song is not too heavy.

if it's for a demo, ctexemaker is working properly, start at $46B0, you will have the CT presentation but can ad you code, you just have to jmp somewhere else in your code and the music still playing (it's just my ass beginner way)

2009-07-14 17:56
Fredrik

Thanx jmx64!
It´s such a shame that the ctpacker just won´t work.
I have not the skills to correct the faliure in the ctpacker.
I hope someone will have a look at the ctpacker, and correct the problem.

The faliure is this:

2009-07-14 18:12
CyberBrain
Administrator

Hello! I've written some babbling nonsense in the trivia section of CyberTracker Packer BETA#1, which explains why it isn't too surprising that the packer dies horribly sometimes. I haven't found the bug which makes it crash (and i haven't looked for it in many many years) but i will probably rewrite the entire packer someday (as well as the editor itself) if enough people are interested.

For now, if one of you guys could send me a tune that causes the packer to crash, perhaps i could spend a few hours trying to hunt down the bug.
2009-07-14 18:17
Fredrik

Hello CyberBrain!
I think Cybertracker is a good tracker, no matter what other people say.
I would really be glad if you could correct the failure in ctpacker. The tracker is good as it is.
Now, when you are older and have more skills, perhaps you can fix it?
2009-07-15 09:49
SIDWAVE
Account closed

"the tracker is good" ? and you will continue to use it ? and sit and wait for the packer to be fixed ?

You choose your own destiny: crap sound

Have a good life!

(no offence to cyberbrain)
2009-07-15 13:07
CyberBrain
Administrator

Hi Jan! I am not offended. ...But i don't exactly understand what you mean either. How will using another music editor than CyberTracker automatically improve a persons composing skills or improve his sounds? CyberTracker uses the time-tested (on amiga and pc) tracker interface and has, i think, the most intuitive interface for creating instruments of any C64 editor i have seen.

It could be argued that the converse of what you wrote is true - especially for beginners it might be easier for them to do stuff with higher awesomeness in CyberTracker, because it is easier.

I do realize that there are a few (very few afair) features missing which are available in some other editors. Maybe you meant one of those?
Or maybe you were thinking of the fact that it is currently not suitable for demos? (in which case you would be correct, but for stand-alone music, this is not an issue). Or did you mean something else?
I am not being a manbearpig here - i am genuinely interested in what you mean. If there is a show-stopper somewhere in CyberTracker, i would like to know about it and put it on the todo list.

(Ed has been kind enough to inform me of a critical bug, causing clicks on the old sid chip, which might be what you meant? (this bug has been known for a couple of years to me, but was unknown at the time of release since neither i nor my testers had any C64s with the old sid chip and since vice at that time did not reproduce this behavior))

I do of course also invite Tonhuvudet to try out other editors! It would be great for you to gain more experience! :)

P.S. I still would like it if some of you could email me a tune causing the packer to crash. I tried out 30-40 tunes yesterday, but unfortunately none of those caused a crash. Perhaps you have one, Tonhuvudet?
2009-07-15 14:46
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Well, its an old editor, now..

It uses too much ram for patterns, and the level of control of the sound is not the best.

Yes it is easy for beginners to make sounds, but as editor, its simple outdated.
2009-07-15 16:36
CyberBrain
Administrator

Thanks for your reply, Jan. :)

You're right that it's old. You also speek the truth when you say it uses much pattern ram. I was however under the impression that CT gave very high control of the SID-registers - although i know there are important features/effects which should be improved, like for example arpeggio and hard-restart and a few other things. Those are probably what you were talking about, but i haven't been keeping up, so I’d like to hear more about what it's missing for future reference. Perhaps this is getting a bit offtopic, so maybe we should discuss it elsewhere ;)
2009-07-15 17:19
Fredrik

CyberBrain, I have one "cybertrackerfile" on this link.
The Ctpacker on my computer failed on that one.

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/getinternalfile.php/77509/MEMORY.PRG

2009-07-16 13:44
CyberBrain
Administrator

Thanx for the file, Tonhuvudet! :) Unfortunately it doesn't crash here either. Perhaps you can PM me your e-mail address, so that we can do some 'remote debugging'? (such that i can send a few files for you to test)
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Yogibear/Protovision
wil
Guests online: 85
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)