Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Some New Categories ?
2004-04-27 15:07
V-12

Some New Categories ?

Well I try to update CSDB stuff alot but sometimes it is very hard to me to set the type of the file updated by myself. I think that it should be added new categories in competitions from demo parties. One is Reflextracker Compo, it can be called also Sample Compo (C64 Music Sample Compo) but it is just called Reflextracker Compo on polish party.

For which category should I add someone's CTX NOTE ? As C64 onefile demo ?

I think that it would be nice to add another category like C64 Basic Program. Sometimes something done in Basic cannot be called C64 Demo or something else (Tool) so the easiest way it would be call it C64 Basic Program.

For me a little big problem is with the handles. Let me explain on myself. I used in the past different handle. When I display memberstatus of my group I see my old handle as an ex member (I set this by myself because yet are no other way to do this). I would like to see something different - my handle with the date since I started to use my actual handle and under that I think that it would be nice to see "Under handle xxxx 1995-1999" Simply I don't want to see my old hanlde in the memberstatus as an separately *ex-member*. Is this possible to change it ? That would be really nice.

What about persons who used for example handle AAA, next changed it to handle BBB and after some time came back to AAA ? How it should be properly set in csdb ? I know one person who did that (Azgar/Samar - Bladee/Samar but now he is once again Azgar).

Also Is this possible to add new Category for the job in group ? I thought about "Moral Support" or "Mascot" - someone who is not an "technical" member of the group (he don't produce stuff etc) but he just support group by himself. Is this possible to add ?

For sure I will find something new to add to csdb. Maybe someone from CSDB staff can be with the regular contact with me ?

Greetings!
2004-04-27 17:43
Puterman
Account closed

Stuff like contact notes and BASIC programs kind of belong in the "misc" category, I think.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Dymo/G★P
Grue/Extend
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
Mason/Unicess
Guests online: 103
Top Demos