Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Double-accounts
2003-05-02 08:39
jailbird

Double-accounts

Sorry for opening a new topic on this, but I don't have the idea where to place this post...

Lately I was looking troughout the forums, and seems to me that one user is using two accounts (I wouldn't like to mention any names, heck and goddamnit, it'd seem I'm picking on the dude)...
What's the use of double-membership, except in the voting-area? Or... am I just building conspiracy theories? Yet I find it quite amazing, since it's obvious (even more the fact that nobody took any actions considering that)...
If I make a new account as JB, some of you'll perhaps think it's Bjerregaard browsing the database and do nothing?
Wouldn't be possible to make some more personal datas public about those who don't have a personal page but I constantly see'em here? When a John Doe is running online, I'd prefer to see some informations about the person who's currently messing up the database, not a page that says I run into a dead-end.

Oh, one more thing: PLEEEEEEEASE make the votes transparent :) The majority voted for it although, as I live in Yugoslavia - I am pretty awared it doesn't means too much... *sniff* :]

But whether these problems will be solved or not, this database is simply wonderful, hats off, really.
2003-05-02 10:29
Dwangi

Yes i noticed that in the graphic chart there are two sceners listed Rayden and Booze lee which are the same person.

dont get me fucking wrong now, I dont say that rayden has c´reated two accounts, maybe someone élse has created an account for rayden and another one for booze lee. (rayden changed handle too booze lee? right patrik ?.

2003-05-02 12:07
jailbird

I wasn't referring to Rayden, but Rayden=Booze Lee indeed.
2003-05-02 12:22
jailbird

In fact, there is a Rayden on http://noname.c64.org/csdb/scener/?id=4989,
and there is a Booze Lee (ex-Rayden) on Booze Lee
Absolutely the same person (maybe Booze Lee has an evil twin-brother called Rayden, but with the same real-name - or, he is one of the first cloned humans).
But I believe that someone haven't found Rayden, while not knowing that the page of Booze Lee (aka Rayden) already exist, added him to the database again.

Well whatever, I wasn't referring to Rayden anyway.
2003-05-03 10:33
Perff
Administrator

There is nothing wrong with the entries:
Rayden and
Booze Lee (afaik)

Yes it is the same person, but as he have had more than one handle in his c64 scene-life he should also have two entries.
If you take a closer look you might notice that theese handle-entries is tied togehter by a 'real-person'-entry which contains his real name, address etcetc.

So everything is as it should be. :)

@Dwangi: Yes he is on the chart twice, and that might be a problem. Havn't really figures out what to do about that yet. Perhaps reason for another topic?

---
But as I guess this isn't what this topic is really about.

Double accounts is ofcourse a problem. One person can make himself a lot of CSDb account and use it for fake voting.
We can't require a lot of personal data every time someone registers and we can't check it either, so basicly we trust ppl. :)
If you think there are someone who is using multiple accounts for voting let us know and we will check our log-files. :)
(We have already kicked one person for voting with multiple accounts)

/CSDb Admin
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
Jetboy/Elysium
CopAss/Leader
Andy/AEG
psych