Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Adding groups as credits for releases
2003-12-10 00:22
Cyberad
Account closed

Adding groups as credits for releases

Hello.

I recently stumbled upon CSDb and started messing around with my own entry (which was magically already online. Thanks to whoever did that).

Anyways. I've been adding in my really old work, and giving credit where credit was due. However, much of my music is ripped, and for some music I know only the groups that did it, but not the actual composer.

Now, when adding credits, you are unable to add in a group as a credit. Is there any way around this? I know I could add them in as a "group" of the demo, but that's not exactly right -- when I see a "group" as part of a demo I think of a coop, not only providing music (or a charset or a logo or whatever).

-cr/rpg
2003-12-10 09:34
Derision

There's a discussion on credits for ripped (er... borrowed) stuff here:

Credits for ripped material

A lot of entries don't even make mention of ripped (er... borrowed) music/graphics/whatever at all... probably because, though it's nice to give credit where it's due, since the whatever wasn't originally intended to be used in said production, it's not really an accurate depiction of a scener's contributions (heh... JCH's credits list would be enormous).

I don't believe that there is a way, currently, to add a group as a credit. You can always look in the group and, if there's only one composer, you can make a guess at it... but that's about it. It would be a pretty good idea to be able to add groups as credit, though.

AJ
2003-12-10 09:39
Steppe

No, guessing is really the worst you can do. Better leave it blank then.

Or drop me a mail or a PM whenever you're in doubt. It mostly takes me one minute to find the composer of a tune in HVSC. ;-)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
A3/AFL
Menace/Spaceballs
Erol
Dymo/G★P
Guests online: 101
Top Demos