Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > The Historie Of C64-Scene - A Never Ending Story!
2004-02-14 14:09
Dishy

The Historie Of C64-Scene - A Never Ending Story!

Hi

Just call me slow, but I hadn´t discovered "Misc. Statistics" and also "CSDb growth stat" before yesterday night. Hmm. I had discovered the subject "Today", so I really don´t understand, why I haven´t seen those fine CSDb-statistics before now.(Actually I think I´d seen it for the contries earlier!?!) Maybe I´ve become halfblind during the years.

Anyway, since I found this great site some years ago, and finally in 2002 pulled myself together and got registered in here, I´ve also used quite a lot of my sparetime trying to arrange and clear up many groups, persones etc.. An endless project to be a writer of history, so I think this c64-scene will become a for ever "living" project, which will always remain and in stillness become more and more particular during all the years.(Funny to see the "growth stat").

Timewasting and incomprehensible - would some unsympathetic people probably call it, but actually quite funny, exiting and it sure have some kind of a sentimental value for me and for most old c64-sceners to go down in C64-scene history! A time of your life where you spend most of your time on the C64-scene - why shouldn´t you save that for the future too?

And this is even not the only site concerning the c64-scene. Lot´s of nice sites out there, I think! Looking forward to see very mentioned Legend64 site too. Only hope that Dominators, Illusion, Unicess etc. one day will jump on that band wagon too!

Ups, my feedback/suggestion to the CSDb-society. Even if it´s something new for me, I actually think it´s a good idea, that people who helps making this site more "living", gets some kind of "credits" for their work through those statistics. (Wish I had known that before now, Then I would have added even more, hehe. Just kidding!)

About the statistics - or more definite the "Top 10 alltime most active submitters". I do think you should divide or spilt up the "uploaders" work from this topic. I know, that they are also adding the credits to their productions, but I still think they should not be listed under the very same topic, as the ones who are adding/submitting groups/members in here. I think "release submitters" should have their own topic. I mean the most active uploaders have their own topic anyway, so I don´t see why they´re also mixed with the subitters of the groups/members. Some uploaders haven´t almost added any members and groups at all, but "only" added their very own credits. By now I´ve added 85 numbers of groups and members, but I haven´t uploaded any wares.

It´s a quistion of priority! And in my eyes the scene history behind the groups/persons comes first. So that I´ll arrange in the first place! Also unfortunately I don´t have any XE 1541 cable yet, so it´s rather impossible for me to transfer my old c64 wares anyway. But germany Holger (HOK of Remember) will manufacture one for me, and then one day,it is to be hoped, that`ll get the time and statement of reasons to start uploading lot´s of old cracks, demos, mags, introes, graphics, tools etc. from my gigantic disk archives and not least my very old tape archives too. If that day - hopefully - comes I´d prefer an separate topic for "release submitters".

This is just my opinion, and some of you probably don´t like the idea.(Hi Mason/Unicess!)

I guees, I also want to say thanks for this great site, and all the funny years back then.

Greetings to all my old contacts and to the guys who´s in this forum!

Good luck with this "uending project" all of you :-)

Best regards,

Rolf Mousten / Dishy

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
2004-02-14 16:49
Dishy

I just realized, that I clearly wasn´t the only halfblind in here, who was not aware about these funny statistics!
So in case that you also don´t know, what I´m talking about and this is all confusion for you, I´ll just add these following links for you.

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/funstuff/

and

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/funstuff/stat.php

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/funstuff/entrystat.php

Yours, Dishy

*****Once A Scener-Always A Scener*****
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
icon/The Silents, Sp..
bugjam
celticdesign/G★P/M..
Krill/Plush
Guests online: 111
Top Demos