Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > In the Dutch news: Fairlight busted
2004-04-22 13:04
Lord Crucifier

In the Dutch news: Fairlight busted

The following is part of a story about the police busting Dutch dorms on the hunt for illegal software:

"Op internet gaan geruchten dat de computerkrakersbende Fairlight is opgerold. De leden houden zich sinds 1986 bezig met het inbreken in computers, later hebben ze zich toegelegd op de verspreiding van illegale software, zoals computerspelletjes.

Op de universiteit van Twente zouden arrestaties zijn verricht. Op internetadressen die zijn gelieerd aan de universiteit circuleren foto's van de inbeslagname van systeemkasten bij een studentencomplex op de campus.

Een Duits hobbymagazine schrijft dat Fairlight spoedige publicatie van het nieuwe schietspel Hitman 3 heeft aangekondigd. Het actiespel voor zowel de PC, XboX als Playstation verschijnt officieel op 30 april en kost in de winkel 60 euro. "Als de berichten kloppen is de illegale verspreiding van computerspellen een zware slag toegebracht", aldus de redactie van Game Vision."

Basically it says an old hacker group called Fairlight has been caught for cracking and spreading illegal software. It mentions they started hacking in 1986 and went on to cracking software later on.

I'm not very known with todays PC/console w4r3z-scene, but this is not OUR Fairlight, now is it??

... 59 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-04-27 09:08
Radar
Account closed

Why should I re-read over and over again?

Dark Judge interprets any posts in the way he wants to. Instead of riding on typos he should simply accept people from the old scene instead if telling that he knows all about them and that 'he was part of it'. I simply don't give a fuck about it, but also he should calm down when it comes to other peoples opinion. Also mentioning Secret Man in this case ain't no good, as that had a complete different base when the threat started at that time. Nobody on here acts like that, as we are grown up. And that's what he calls 'terrorism'? Yeah, right...
2004-04-27 09:20
TDJ

Quote: Why should I re-read over and over again?

Dark Judge interprets any posts in the way he wants to. Instead of riding on typos he should simply accept people from the old scene instead if telling that he knows all about them and that 'he was part of it'. I simply don't give a fuck about it, but also he should calm down when it comes to other peoples opinion. Also mentioning Secret Man in this case ain't no good, as that had a complete different base when the threat started at that time. Nobody on here acts like that, as we are grown up. And that's what he calls 'terrorism'? Yeah, right...

So on one hand you don't give a fuck about my opinions, but I should care about yours? The great Snoopy Roy Radar? Right ..

And the term 'terrorism' was used in another thread. For the record: I don't think that SM's actions were terrorism (hence the quotes in my previous post), but the way some people (you included) reacted to it almost seemed like it was.

As for the typos: if it only was just that. But you have proven several times that you're just not good in English, like the time you attacked CreaMD because he used the term "rich past" in a correct way and you simply didn't understand it. So how do you expect other people to have a normal discussion with you if you can’t even express yourself correctly?
2004-04-27 09:25
Crossfire
Account closed

Well, this doesn't seem to me at all as being "slacking" (the word is called "ragging" but nevermind..), this is just a heated discussion about points of view - or correct me if I'm wrong..

I mean, nobody said anything about anyones mother yet, so.. *LOL*
2004-04-27 09:39
TDJ

Quote: Well, this doesn't seem to me at all as being "slacking" (the word is called "ragging" but nevermind..), this is just a heated discussion about points of view - or correct me if I'm wrong..

I mean, nobody said anything about anyones mother yet, so.. *LOL*

There's nothing wrong with (heated) discussions, in fact they are necessary to liven up this board. Unfortunately it mostly ends with people misunderstanding eachother, sometimes deliberately.

In fact I think Radar & me agree on one thing: ofcourse there is respect from the new sceners for what 'we' did in general, but I don't think that automatically means they respect *all* old sceners. And why should they? I remember a lot of idiots hanging around in the 80's, and while they also had their function it certainly doesn't make them better than today's sceners.
2004-04-27 12:03
Radar
Account closed

Quote: There's nothing wrong with (heated) discussions, in fact they are necessary to liven up this board. Unfortunately it mostly ends with people misunderstanding eachother, sometimes deliberately.

In fact I think Radar & me agree on one thing: ofcourse there is respect from the new sceners for what 'we' did in general, but I don't think that automatically means they respect *all* old sceners. And why should they? I remember a lot of idiots hanging around in the 80's, and while they also had their function it certainly doesn't make them better than today's sceners.

A 'heated' discussion is by far not a good base for brave conversations, but what do I know... Like Dark Judge already said, my english is not good and I don't know anything about new and old scene, neither do I understand any poems nor lyrics nor text written on here...

Dude, what kind of drugs do you shove up your ass every morning?

You are just another proof for a typical lamer from old days who never had his satisfaction before the old scene ended and new people took the place for yet another generation. Instead of still telling me that you are from 'old days' (what I actually don't know, as you never crossed my ways then), you should face the facts by understanding the changes which appeared during the last 10 years aswell as the scene we had in the early 80s. That point has nothing to do with being arrogant or proud, it's a simple fact which gets reported by those old sceners.

On the other hand, it's nice to see that the NewSkoolers show their respect for old sceners, same comes from the OldSkoolers who see that new people still keep up the spirit and continue the way. But you actually stated that you could care less about certain people from the past, so why do you declare disharmony when I say, that I could care less about you? I for my person face the facts with a name, you don't...

When Goldfish did his first posts, you automatically felt attacked. Honestly, why in hell don't you simply shut up and stop posting at all when you don't even know the people. And for somebody like you, from the 'old days', it's quite weird that you don't even remember him. I for my person remember a lot of stuff where he and I were involved and I can judge him for being a fair and competent person all the time. The scene was different then...
2004-04-27 13:03
TDJ

Okay, let’s do this by the numbers (literally):

1.I never claimed you don’t know anything about the old scene. In fact, I don’t doubt you do.

2.I do think you know little about the new scene. Simply because I think you’ve been back for too short a time. But I might be wrong ofcourse.

3.I never claimed you don’t understand poems or lyrics. If you think I did, please prove it.

4.I do think you misunderstand a lot of what’s written here yes. Like the ‘rich past’ line, and a lot of my posts. Your claim that I was ‘bragging about Goldfish’ is a proof of this. Either that, or you don’t know what bragging is.

5.A typical lamer .. hmm .. maybe I was, especially to people like you. I could ofcourse give a huge list of things I accomplished, but I don’t want this to become some kind of bragging match, those days are behind me .. I know my place in history: I’m not a great coder, but for some reason I think more people remember me than you. Snoopy.

6.I understand the changes that happened. I saw them happening. I was there. Where were you? And iIf you understand those changes so well, then why do you still act like it’s 1989?

7.I didn’t say I could care less about certain people from the past, I said most ‘newbies’ don’t. I for one love it when people from the past wind up here, because it reminds me of the golden days.

8.Ok, I’m going to ask. WTF is “declaring disharmony” supposed to mean?

9.“I for my person face the facts with a name, you don’t”. Please give examples, because to me something like “but that still doesn't mean that certain people are worth opening their mouth in regards to lyrics they don't know about and never understood in the past. Pulling others into their personal conflicts, built by misunderstandings of their own, ain't the good way” proves otherwise. That’s not facts, that’s as vague as it can get.

10.I didn’t feel attacked by Goldfish, I just pointed out that he shouldn’t take my post seriously. And ofcourse I remember Goldfish. Hell, I even remember Pizza of Legend. And I never claimed he’s not “fair and competent”, I just expressed my concern about him becoming another ex-superstar (which I feel he is, unlike you) acting all arrogant. After his reply I’m not concerned anymore, it’s that simple. You know why? Because he made a clear point. You should learn from him.
2004-04-27 13:03
G-Fellow
Account closed

Hi all! :)

Iam also from the old days (88-91) My old handle was Short Circuit/FTS2009 and iam shure that nobody know me(us?), coz we was not very famous at that time.

What i want to say is that i like to see oldsceners in here or in the IRC.net at #C-64 to talk with them, coz i dont had the chance to do it in the 80´s. I respect them and i want to be respectet from them also for what i do ( to support the scene )!

And yes the 80´s scene was very different from the scene nowdays, it was simply harder, more wars, many more sceners and it was not so easy to get famous becoz of so many sceners!

I would like to see that more ex sceners join the scene nowdays and support us, like i do on January 2004 :)

Greets,
G-Fellow/Civitas

2004-04-27 16:50
Nightlord

well i am for sure a new scener. I was in local scene back in 96 but did nothing serious and left. then i stepped in international scene only a year ago in 2003.

i don't know anybody from the past. i respect that old cracking scene was different etc. so i don't/can't/won't compare it to todays demo scene. as much as i respect old sceners (especially crackers... hell they can even understand other people's code) i don't find it interesting at all to read old crackers talking/arguing/fighting about their interpretations of the scene/elite/good-old-days.

and as much as i respect that past, i can't help feeling like "hey why do these guys spend so much time on the boards of a scene in which they produce nothing at the moment."

i don't expect to get respect from them just because i am still coding on this machine. I am coding demos because it is fun:)
2004-04-27 23:19
goldfish
Account closed

Aaah, heated debate... Good!

I must go with Radar on this one.

Admonishing Judge for the remark he now rightly distances himself from, I ended my post saying something to the effect of

When the drums of war resound, your resolve will be an exemplar to the faithful.

Actually, that is exactly what I must have written.

Thus in a way I expressed my belief that his ephemeral laxity would come to an end soon.

You see how cautious and mild mannered I entered this forum?

A rare display, I must add.

Definitely not to be mistaken for an attack...

GDF [L]

2004-04-28 07:48
TDJ

Quote: Aaah, heated debate... Good!

I must go with Radar on this one.

Admonishing Judge for the remark he now rightly distances himself from, I ended my post saying something to the effect of

When the drums of war resound, your resolve will be an exemplar to the faithful.

Actually, that is exactly what I must have written.

Thus in a way I expressed my belief that his ephemeral laxity would come to an end soon.

You see how cautious and mild mannered I entered this forum?

A rare display, I must add.

Definitely not to be mistaken for an attack...

GDF [L]

Ephemeral laxity .. you crack me up, really you do :)

And oh, hate to rain on your parade, but I haven't distanced myself from anything. If you honestly thought my first post wasn't a joke, you're pretty dense, no matter how good your English is ;)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
thesuperfrog
zscs
MMS_Z
FunFun/Triangle
theK/ATL
Hypnosis/TSD