Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Fake Groups
2002-06-16 20:55
Richard

Fake Groups

Why do we have fake groups (lamer labels) as well as proper groups. I know some people may have released SEUCK and BASIC games, etc. but in the 1980's/Early-mid 90's, no matter what, A proper cracking group released these. Hotline, Triad and Mayhem released a few SEUCK games. Then some groups formed fake lamer labels known as 'The Bing0 Team', 'Urine', 'B0B', 'ORI' and a few others. Very strange.

Can anyone please tell me why we have these fake groups, when proper groups can actually release these games, like they did in 1980's or early 90's? Okay so you wont get bonus points for this, but fake groups is quite silly.

... 80 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-04-01 20:34
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: Yup your right, there dose seem to be a Tiger Hell list here: http://www.c64demos.com/htmlindx/demos/t/triad/ it`s listed up DEMOS?

Better still, it can be downloaded from here: http://www.joachimljunggren.com/hemsidan_thepast.html along with Ikari Warriors 2, Twin Cobra and a Di-Art :)
2004-04-01 21:36
Crossfire
Account closed

Uhm, don't know, except he probably didn't list it as a crack since it was a selfmade game and "demo" probably came closest?
2004-04-02 07:00
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Di-Art looks heavily inspired by IO, which looks as if was heavily inspired by R-Type (you know *that* level, the first white level, as cool as it looks though).
2004-04-06 04:08
richemp
Account closed

Hehe there were quite a few lamer groups out there! Nobody mentioned TROEP and Gulas yet! I remember laughing so much seeing and hearing a Gulas intro i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I also remember Booze telling me he had more fun doing Burp release than an Empire! He had just done that +12(!) trainer version of Opium for BURP! Also that good old fight we had with Excalibur(p)! A piece of anthology on 64! ;)
2004-04-06 06:36
cba

Quote: Hehe there were quite a few lamer groups out there! Nobody mentioned TROEP and Gulas yet! I remember laughing so much seeing and hearing a Gulas intro i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I also remember Booze telling me he had more fun doing Burp release than an Empire! He had just done that +12(!) trainer version of Opium for BURP! Also that good old fight we had with Excalibur(p)! A piece of anthology on 64! ;)

<Post edited by cba on 5/11-2007 14:22>

yeah TROEP and BURP were ruling the boards for sure ;)

I also recall once fixing a TROEP release just for fun to
beat Ultimate ;) haha ...

Niels
2007-11-04 14:06
mendrake

The Bingo Team was sure nice.
Not to mention the Slogan of Rappelkiste (and everybody spelled the name different^^) - Rappelkiste - rappelt weiter!!
Haha.. a killer - the intro itself.

Bronx Uganda with it's Banana News was a hammer for sure !! ^^ Banana News fixed by Rappelkiste etc. Hell! What a time. Taking the piss on Airwolf, always has been excellent fun !!

I remember when we did Banana News #1 with far to much beer.. ;-)
2007-11-05 14:26
chancer

the first 2 i ever remember seeing were china syndrome first and then bad taste... long ago anyway =)
2007-12-31 19:10
Rough
Account closed

Quote: Hehe there were quite a few lamer groups out there! Nobody mentioned TROEP and Gulas yet! I remember laughing so much seeing and hearing a Gulas intro i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I also remember Booze telling me he had more fun doing Burp release than an Empire! He had just done that +12(!) trainer version of Opium for BURP! Also that good old fight we had with Excalibur(p)! A piece of anthology on 64! ;)

Elvis Hitler still rules the entire scene.
2008-01-04 02:40
Tim
Account closed

China Syndrome.. now THAT is a name I haven't heard in a very very long time, thanks I love remembering this stuff :)

I've actually stumbled on quite a lot of my old Rappellkiste releases from the past and will be upping them soon just for the fun of it :) I’ve been adding in handles that keep popping into my head or seeing them in scrollers.

If I remember correctly we did a world’s first by using 1 ‘demo part’ of Rappellkiste in our Acrise demo ‘Wonderwimp’ (Wonderwimp) combining main group and budget lable into one release as a teaser part.

Actually the most fun for me was reading fake label scrollers and trying to guess who was behind them and to whom messages were sent, some of them easy to spot some as cryptic as can be ;)

2011-04-07 05:21
Rough
Account closed

Just to make some history corrections:

China Syndrome Inc. wasn't a fake group in the first place but the normal group of Powerplant before he, Goldfish, Pizza, Acorn and some others found Legend in May? 1988 afaik, the CSDb entry states November 1987 thou.., but first Legend outlets are from May 1988 anyway. CSI was resurrected as their fake-group in 1990.

edit:
Hm, the Alf/ATC+Legend import from May 27th?, 1988 shows this member-list: : Max, Big H, Era, Trixter, Wolf, Xenon, Pizza, Acorn

If the member list isn't incomplete PWP, Goldfish and TMBC might have not been involved in the foundation of Legend at all.
Their crack of Alloyrun from June 1988 has the Belgish members PWP, Goldfish and TMBC added to above list. So they either have been forgotten or joined later.
First exactly dated PWP release for Legend is from June 1st: Legend Writer V1
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
ilesj/Artline Designs
Jammer
csabanw
Fungus/Nostalgia
Spinball/Excess
MWR/Visdom