Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > 80s German television show with von Gravenreuth?
2009-03-10 14:19
Lord Crucifier

80s German television show with von Gravenreuth?

I remember reading an interview or article in Mamba (or some other old magazine) where someone was talking about a German TV show where famous "cracker hunter" Günter Freiherr von Gravenreuth and some sceners were invited to talk about cracking and the C64. Does anybody know anything about this?

I found a thread het on CSDb about a Swedish show, but that sounds a little different from what I remember, so I don't think I have these shows mixed up.

If anybody has original footage for this... :)
2009-03-10 14:38
chatGPZ

could this be about the radwar party footage made by the WDR (i'd like to see this in anycase :)) ? if i recall correctly both günni and some famous crackers appeared there.
2009-03-10 15:51
Lord Crucifier

Okay! Some more digging revelease this piece of information, published in ILLEGAL Issue #34, released on January 16th 1989:

TV SHOW "HIGH SCORE" - THE ULTIMATE DISCUSSION!

And there it goes then! On December 17th 1988 the WDR computer show called "HIGH SCORE" went for the third time on the air... The climax besides David Braben as a studio guest was a discussion meeting between;

TP: The presentator
VG: Lord von Grafenreuth - who is the lawyer representing the software companies on court against piracy!
TW: Theuth Weidemann - he used to be KOTZBROCKEN and a member of the old JEDI, but works nowadays for RAINBOW ARTS
MW: MWS of RADWAR - as "a guy who knows a lot about the crackers..."

Now imagine... The following was all LIVE on TV...

[snip]

What follows is a transcription of what was said during that show, and a summary of who was in the audience!

CSDb entry for this Illegal-issue: Illegal #34

Here's a somewhat related YouTube movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq8ENS1LEhI . This is indeed footage from WDR like Groepaz said! :)

Enjoy :)
2009-03-10 16:23
chatGPZ

"Theuth Weidemann - he used to be KOTZBROCKEN and a member of the old JEDI"

eh, bullshit =)
2009-03-10 19:24
daison

And where is that 'Live crack'?
I just checked all on csdb:
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/search/?seinsel=all&search=typhoon&G..
And it doesn't seem to be here.
2009-03-10 19:43
chatGPZ

Quote:

Submitted by Speedcracker [PM] on 2 October 2006
If am I right, the WDR crack was'nt released ever. It was just a proof of concept for WDR-Guys! ;)
2009-03-10 21:36
daison

Too bad, it would've been legendary imo...

Looks like they used this intro though:
http://intros.c64.org/main.php?module=showintro&iid=3091
2021-08-15 00:01
Catweazle
Account closed

I´ve been before the "High Score" show together with some friends and also MWS/Radwar on a meeting and a lot of sceners accompanied him to this show afterwards. I also remember Jeff Smart/Illegal, Mr. Zeropage and a lot of other guys and of course also Gravenreuth. Perhaps it was the Cebit, a Venlo meeting or any internal meeting and I definately know there was some kind of a party before - not quite sure which one or even several ones. We were all sitting in the audience in the background. For the biggest german papermag I´ve created with Carsten Bob and Dave E. the "NEWS" in the beginning we also wrote a report about this but german only. I could check it out for details, because I still have all issues in perfect state.

I also heard that a live crack was planned, but I cannot remember that someone showed up with something like this. Perhaps they did not make it.

Yes, this felt like a very special big happening for the german C64 scene, especially if you attended the times before and knew most people from the audience.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
TheRyk/MYD!
grass/LETHARGY
Exploding Fi../Techn..
iceout/Avatar/HF
skull
tlr