Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Forever 13 8-bit scene party, March 16.-18. 2012 - Horná Súča / Slovakia
2012-02-25 22:57
CreaMD

Forever 13 8-bit scene party, March 16.-18. 2012 - Horná Súča / Slovakia

This is invitation, announcement and all that stuff concerning Forever XIII If you don't like 4 letter words and too much self-motivational chest-beating, bragging, narcissism and all that creamy stuff, don't read further. (Also don't read further if you don't want to learn secret back-door link to the secret recipe to Rambo Revisited Compo results ;-))

You have been warned!

FOReVER XIII - A Nightmare In Horná Súča

First of all. 13 means 13 consecutive years, if you didn't know.

Yes! We do this every fuckin' year every middle of the March every year since 2000 for Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Atari 800XL/130XE and Commodore 64 scenes.

13 years!

Every year we have around 100 visitors from all around the world (more or less ;). People from Slovakia, Czech Republic Hungary, Austria, Poland, Germany, Russia, Holland, Italy, France, United Kingdom (I'm sure I forgot to mention few) visited this party during those years.

Compo entries from even more countries competed. And although we still didn't reach the status of MUST BE C64 party, we definitely became the most important party for ZX Spectrum and Atari scenes.

- Music
- Graphics
- 1kb Intro Compo
- Demo Compo
- Wild
& Realtime party compo

every year, for every plattform

That's some tradition, isn't it?

Last year French Amstrad sceners had even released Batman themed demo, which received generally very positive feedback.

Now for some narcissism (that thing above was chest beating if you din't know ;)

I have 2 daughters now. I have quite energy sucking web based job around portal about hockey plus site with merchandize and it's manufacturer. I do everything around that, even the crazy things like compos, marketing etc (yes I do it my style there too but for thousands to tens of thousands of people). It takes all of my time, energy and motivation for anything concerning C64. Previous years weren't better.. everytime there is something that makes a "good excuse" for being worthless C64 scener with weak productivity record, but every year, before Forever, whatever I do.. whatever situation I'm in, I wake up and get motivated for about month. Live with it and enjoy.

*This is that time.*

As usual, that means few things I'm asking from you.

Do you feel like joining the competitions?

- Music

- Graphics *NEW RULES LEARNED FROM EXPERIENCE WITH Rambo COMPO* (don't need stages, but need sincere note about creative process involved (if there was any). , references used (links, pics?, if there was any). Giving credit where credit is due and generally being honest.

- Demo compo - no words needed

- Wild (make video, or something original, the originality doesn't mean that it doesn't fit into other categories (e.g. because it's C128 demo) but because you have unleashed your imagination and didn't limit yourself by anything when doing it ;-) (these aren't rules, these are my ideas about wild stuff that works good in wild compo)

- 1k Intro. Forever speciality. You would never believe how much coolness you can put into 1k if you never tried ;-)

- Realtime.. (you have to visit the party to enter it ;-)) although I think we might try to announce it online this year. What do you think? ;-))) Yes. I'll do it. (realtime compo theme and rules are annouced at the party on friday and entries collected about 24 hours from announcement, before compos starts)

send your entries to the same address as last 12 years: creamd@c64.sk

Thank you all for support.

p.s.: for those who would like to start complaint about the fact that Rambo Compo TOP10 isn't still revealed. Don't worry. I have good news for you. I have a secret link to the secret method how get to see the results. It's here: http://www.c64.sk/vote.php?results=1&secret_annoucement=1

:-)
2012-02-26 00:24
T.M.R
Account closed

Bloody hell, anyone else'd just code a party invite...! =-)
2012-02-26 00:31
CreaMD

I don't say I wouldn't love to have one. We even planned a cool one this year, although it got lost somewhere between life and diapers (at least on my side).

Anyway. Apart from obvious benefits (good feeling, becoming part of elite party organisers, doing things right and traditional way, winning some place on some party maybe (if it was good enough to be entered as compo filler), spreading invi demo over those hundreds? C64 sceners still running small files filling the space on release disks from parties, +add few of your own reasons) what is the ratio of number of entries and visitors to existence (and coolness) of invitation. (this is of course stupid rhetoric question of a lazy bastard and heretic, arrogance not intended. )
2012-02-26 07:59
Cresh

Rambo!
2012-02-26 08:04
Celtic
Administrator

I love you for throwing the Blackmail vibe out there :) hope people take the bait!
2012-02-26 09:44
CreaMD

I would never expect 50+ pics and some of them really good, before I started Rambo Revisited, so who knows. But I don't expect that I will be too succesful with this stunt this this time considering the way the creative scene "walks" nowadays. This or that, I did this to entertain (myself) ;-). As EGO in Ratatouille said.. "impress me!" :-)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fungus/Nostalgia
Guests online: 121
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)