Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Canadian Super Crackers?
2003-02-19 23:54
Magius
Account closed

Canadian Super Crackers?

Hey, does anybody remember a very obscure group named the Canadian Super Crackers? They were a local group and I think they just stuck a very simple import intro in front of releases from Europe. They had a BBS in the 204 area code named "The Land", which proudly proclaimed themselves as an illegal wares system, running on a C64 using (I believe) EBBS. Those were early days though and the BBS appeared to go legal or more underground after that.

If anybody has anything from them, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. I guess I should add the group to the database too, but I have no connection with them.

--Magius--
2003-02-19 23:59
CyberBrain
Administrator

(just a little note: you don't need to have any connections with stuff you add to CSDb. Just don't add info that is wrong)
2003-02-20 00:11
Magius
Account closed

Thanks. I'm conflicted about adding information about the group to the database. I wonder if the ex-members would want their history known, especially since the main BBS went legit and was quite popular from what I saw. Maybe I'll just wait and see if anybody knows more about the group - or was connected with them in any way.

--Magius--
2003-02-20 04:43
Kyle
Account closed

Whilst we're on the topic of small little known importing groups in the US/Can, remember these ?

S.I.N (the Steady Importing Network)
T.I.H (The Importing Homeboys)

I believe these 2 groups imported from Triad in the early days... ?!?!?

Kyle
2003-02-20 14:08
Magius
Account closed

You can find one of the Homeboys Triad imports here:

http://web.externet.hu/sk/c64/games/g/g.htm

It's for Galactic Games.

--Magius--
2003-02-20 14:11
Magius
Account closed

Oops. And Fire Trap too:

http://web.externet.hu/sk/c64/games/f/f2.htm
2003-04-09 01:48
Kyle
Account closed

After reading many of Triad's scrolltext from games cracked by Mr Z (intro also by Mr Z ?!?!) between 1986 - 1987, I have come to the conclusion that S.I.N, the Steady Importing Network were members of Triad who would import to the USA.

Further evidence is the fact that S.I.N used the Triad intro with a slight variation to the scroller :-)

...you can now add them to the Triad member list ;-)

2003-04-09 08:18
Twoflower

Oh, my - how shall I begin this.

Well, if you ask me, S.I.N were for sure members of Triad, although for a very short timespan. Their activities for Triad were limited to 18 days in July 1987 and as far as I could understand it, they were probably accepted on trial as a separate section of Triad. This issue have roused quite some debate in Triad during the last months and we still haven't come to any conclusion since Ixion (the Triad alltime overlord) never admitted that they were full members.

The members of S.I.N were; The Soldier, The Hunter, Copy Cat, The Last Dragon, Radical Rick and Thunder. They released (in order); "Passengers of the Wind", "The Transatlantic Balloon Challenge", "5:th Quadrant", "Star Paws" and "Defender of the Crown" between the 1:st and the 18:th of July 1987. According to unconfirmed sources, "Shackled" were also imported, but I haven't seen that version myself.

After the 18:th, some sources (the demo "TRIAD/Over Gold") indicates that S.I.N got busted and other groups took over the importing for Triad. In "Over Gold" there is a sentence which indicates that they were planning a comeback in early 1988 - which is a possibility, although under another name.

If you find out more on this issue, i'd be more than interested in getting to know anything about it. And hey - we have full control over our memberstatus and the Triad page here at CSDB - so please don't change anything unless you have checked with us first.
2003-04-09 08:20
Twoflower

The Importing Homeboyz and Triad?

TIH - The Importing Homeboyz;

Bangkok knights (TIH+TRIAD)
Firetrap (TIH+TRIAD)
Galactic Games (TIH+TRIAD)
2003-04-09 10:07
Kyle
Account closed

Yep, good point Twoflower ;-), I actually looked at the Triad homepage at the member status and noticed no S.I.N members.

I thought that they may of not been included due to some internal issue in Triad (as you have stated).

Thanks for the clarification.
2003-04-11 22:57
Rough
Account closed

Twoflower: they also did 'Max Torque'. If it's missing in your collection, you find it on my web site.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Retroluzzer/Quantum
Paul Bearer
Acidchild/Padua
Krill/Plush
Oswald/Resource
JEZ