Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Relocators
2003-10-01 12:08
Intensity
Account closed

Relocators

Hi people!

Recently I was asked by a few people íf I have or know a relocator for music-tunes I have made for them.

I know that a relocator is a tool which transfers a tune beginning at the standart adress $1000, $1003 to another adress like $8000 or something.

Which relocator do you recommend? What is the best relocator? Where can I get it?

Yours,

.: Arman :.

... 13 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-10-05 07:59
Puterman
Account closed

Morgorr, I'll explain the point to you. Intensity asks for a relocator. I mention one, and that it's available on the ftps. He then says (in other words) "I'm too lazy to go check the ftps, someone else will have to do it for me."

It's okay to ask questions. But you have to be willing to put in a _little_ effort yourself. Like go check the ftps for the tools you need. I guess you don't agree, Morgorr?
2003-10-05 09:13
hollowman

puterman, what is this about? could you please read it loud for me? you got my phone #
2003-10-05 18:12
MorGorr
Account closed

Quote: Morgorr, I'll explain the point to you. Intensity asks for a relocator. I mention one, and that it's available on the ftps. He then says (in other words) "I'm too lazy to go check the ftps, someone else will have to do it for me."

It's okay to ask questions. But you have to be willing to put in a _little_ effort yourself. Like go check the ftps for the tools you need. I guess you don't agree, Morgorr?

OK. You are probably right, especially considering the short time that passed in-between Intensity's various postings.
I am in no way advocating laziness or unconditional positive feedback. It was just the resemblance with other threads that go like this:

1. XY asks a question
2. XY gets told to look somewhere (although XY possibly doesn't even know what that "somewhere" means)
3. XY keeps asking
4. XY earns sarcastic remarks but no answer

2003-10-05 19:10
Intensity
Account closed

Hey people, calm down please.

Of course, I have checked the ftp's and I have found "Irelocator" and have sent this to the persons needing it, !before! I have wrote my second post. I just needed a sleeper, for example Drazlace is for Interlace-Pixelers or Amica-Paint is for Koala-Pixelers, that is I wanted the name of the best prog around to do the job.

Don't know why this should be a reason for people to start goating.

BTW, it is possible that people ask about a relocator, because they can't code an own. Thus I thought to help them in the best way. The problem is neither I have any experience in this area nor the questioner.

YES, I personally have started to learn coding, but I haven't coded anything special yet and have still to fight with the basic knowledge. So no relocators from me (yet! :) !
2003-10-06 08:33
Stryyker

People need to learn how to search first, Google and CSDB are good. Did you know you can search CSDB? irelocator is in this database! I'll be blown. It is also where the link says it is.

Now you see why people get pissed off?
2003-10-06 09:22
Ninja

Quote: People need to learn how to search first, Google and CSDB are good. Did you know you can search CSDB? irelocator is in this database! I'll be blown. It is also where the link says it is.

Come on, it is not like Intensity is asking such questions every five minutes... And just mentioning some programs would make him happy and save you all an argue-thread ;)
2003-10-06 10:05
Slator

people more and more tend to rag down instead of helping.
where is the good old spirit ?
2003-10-06 10:35
Intensity
Account closed

Quote: People need to learn how to search first, Google and CSDB are good. Did you know you can search CSDB? irelocator is in this database! I'll be blown. It is also where the link says it is.

Again : I *know* how to search ftp's, CSDB and with Google. But I needed rather a hint about which program is the best relocator.

If i'd have asked "which is the best composing music-tool?", you will tell me maybe "try JCH or DMC 5.0" or whatever. I thought to get a similar answer for my question about relocators, for example "relocator XYX" or "XYX-Relocator". But ok, you ppl mentioned Irelocator even if you haven't told me any details about it.

Whatever, thanks for your help anyway.
2003-10-06 10:46
Intensity
Account closed

Quote: Morgorr, I'll explain the point to you. Intensity asks for a relocator. I mention one, and that it's available on the ftps. He then says (in other words) "I'm too lazy to go check the ftps, someone else will have to do it for me."

Damned me fool!

Sorry Puterman, you are right. I had just read it over that you mentioned "all-relocator".

Thanks for your help, have found already a version of it.

Of course you'd say now "open your eyes a bit more" to me. It's just that my concentration lacks a bit because of my illness (schizophrenic psychosis). Therefore I am a bit scatterbrained and forgetful as I take medicaments. So sorry again. Just spank me! :P
2003-10-06 20:53
Stryyker

If you was using a more standarised player most people would of suggested All Round Relocator or something by The Syndrom or the Irelocator. Most people don't relocate or do it by hand thus can't suggest. You should of just downloaded any you found and tried them since you use a slightly offbeat editor (most, all I assume, DMC 4 relocators cannot relocate DMC 7 tunes).

What happened with the good old method of just searching through tools and trying them?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
encore
bugjam
CA$H/TRiAD
Paul Bearer
Didi/Laxity
TMA/Abyss-Connection