Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2021
| ||Welcome to our latest new user Shez ! (Registered 2021-09-22)||
You are not logged in
Text from GRB128 V004|
|Description:||readme included with this release|
|Text:||GEOS 128 restart from REU image|
By Bart van Leeuwen in 2021
This software is in the public domain.
Note, this does not try to load an REU image, it assumes the REU is preloaded, It will fail, and hopefully give some usefull message about that if there is no REU, the REU is too small, or the GEOS rboot image is not found (REU not preloaded, or possibly wrong GEOS version)
This is an example program, it is based on the 128 rboot program included in GEOS 128. It is intended to demonstrate how the GEOS ramboot feature can be used to 'resume' from a preloaded REU.
How to 'build'
Make sure you have acme and GNU make installed, and type 'make'
How to use:
1. start GEOS as you normally would, make sure your REU is enabled.
2. configure GEOS as desired, make sure 'ram boot' is enabled in the GEOS configuration.
3. you probably also want to ensure you have a ramdisk enabled, and put some files in there.
4. If you have a battery backed REU, you can now turn off your computer, and proceed to step 7.
5. create a dump of REU memory (so... you need either an UII+ cartridge providing the REU, or run this on VICE or such).
6. turn off your computer
7. turn on computer, and if not using a battery backed REU, reload the REU dump you created in step 5.
8. ensure your desktop disk is in the proper drive
9. start the geosramboot program
About this site:
CSDb (Commodore 64 Scene Database) is a website which goal is to gather as much information and material about the scene
around the commodore 64 computer - the worlds most popular home computer throughout time. Here you can find almost anything which was ever made
for the commodore 64, and more is being added every day. As this website is scene related, you can mostly find demos, music and graphics made by the
people who made the scene (the sceners), but you can also find a lot of the old classic games here.
Try out the search box in the top right corner, or check out the CSDb main page for the latest additions.
Page generated in: 0.089 sec.