Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #2065 : 3-Color-Logo Competition 2013
2013-03-07 21:27
Oswald

Event id #2065 : 3-Color-Logo Competition 2013

"Submitted by dandee [PM] on 7 March 2013
Bad news. Sorry to say, but Didi has been kicked out of CSDB and he asked me to tell you that the compo is canceled, as he can't take care from the outside. The reasons for kicking him are kind of a mystery to us and have not been told. Ask the admins of this very site for reasons. Sad to see another active guy, that actually contributed a lot (specially to growth of this archive) been thrown out. Sorry to all you guys who did a fabulous job and put much efforts into this, but under this circumstances you probably will understand that it does not make much sense to carry on with this compo. Never really been active here, but I guess I will deactivate my account as well. Take care..."

So, what happened here?

... 67 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-03-08 17:15
hedning

I may be hated now, but I am amazed that people can give full support för Didi's cause and go berzerk on the admins without knowing what happened; take it easy - it's enough to ask what happened before taking a side here - if it's even about that. The whole day CSDb has been a lunatic melodramatic scream. I don't know what happened, but I guess it has something to do with Didi not wanting to listen to repeatedly pointed out ways how to not fuck up the database standards. This is however just my guess, so I stay neutral in this question waiting for more information. Calm down everybody. Didi has done a great work adding stuff to csdb and initiated popular compos, but haven't the admins worked their asses off to get this database running smoothly year after year? I think it's quite rude to point them out as orcs/nazis/evil before knowing the cause of this. Just my 5 cents. Now bash hedning time, I'm afraid... :/
2013-03-08 17:20
NecroPolo

Quote: just like a party in perffs living room. the people make the party indeed, and without them the party would not exist. that however does in no way imply that anyone has the right to ignore whatever silly rule perff comes up with for his living room.

Invalid reasoning :) In the reality if you invite peeps to your living room party and set some silly rules and throw out some renitent mate who enjoys the friendships of many - that can piss off the majority of the guests and you may be thrown out of your own party in a sec. You would never risk that face-to-face :)

Case seems to be straight to me. He fucked up rule #whatever. You warned. He kept on. You warned. He kept on. You kicked. Simple.

I really feel sorry for him as he started some great thing with the recent compos, it is something as I can imagine the future of the scene: Brotherhood and that is what Cargo is speaking about, too. But I also accept that as long as you decide to be a member of a site (any site that is not set by yourself) you should keep the frame.
2013-03-08 17:26
Celtic
Administrator

Look, IF Didi promises to keep to the rules, then by all means he can be back (after sunday anyways).

But he needs to understand that the rules we have here are here because of reasons, and they did not spring up out of nothing. They are all heavuly debated by the mods.

Groepaz usually works as the mouthpiece of the mods, so he's the one who gets called a Nazi mod (which is not very nice). But me and other Mods back him up all the way.

It is nice that Didi is organising compos and doing new releases, great even, but that does not give him license to shit all over the mods and keep to his own rules.
Both Groepaz and Zyron were extremely polite at first when telling him about the rules. After he kept on breaking them SEVERAL times, and after SEVERAL warnings he was banned. So, to me, justified, and necesary.

So to Didi's friends: let him know if he calms down, and promises to respect the rules, and follow the mods lead when asked, then he can return.
2013-03-08 17:29
TheRyk

@Hedning & Celtic: Godwin? Not before your postings ;) Don't expect anyone to be mad at you because of your postings either :)

Just in case your were referring to my posting: An admin himself declared CSDb to be "not democratic", which is nothing I blame them for but a fact I accepted long ago. Since Groepaz knows me in persona, I don't have to put ";) IRONY ALERT ;)" infront and behind everything in extralarge letters if I use words like "totalitarian".

Apart from a few impulsive postings, enough people did not take sides yet but just try to encourage both sides to settle the situation.

@Celtic: Sounds fine, thx, so everybody can calm down again.
2013-03-08 17:30
chatGPZ

Quote:
In the reality if you invite peeps to your living room party and set some silly rules and throw out some renitent mate who enjoys the friendships of many - that can piss off the majority of the guests and you may be thrown out of your own party in a sec. You would never risk that face-to-face :)

invalid reasoning. that only applies if your friends consist of a bunch of retards that would back up someone who choose to piss off the one who invited them to a party. i sure would "risk" it face-to-face, as i dont need those retards to be my friends at all. (and as a party organizer of various scene parties, i have been at this point a few times)
2013-03-08 17:31
hedning

Didi will probably be back. He is not stupid, nor evil. Regarding the compo I believe people got it wrong: compos can be organized, and has been organized, without CSDb. CSDb is just mirroring the scene, thus the compo. It's no problem organizing the compo "outside" of CSDb. Threatening to shut down the compo is just a way to become a martyr (quite successful it seems), I'm afraid.
2013-03-08 17:39
NecroPolo

Quote: Quote:
In the reality if you invite peeps to your living room party and set some silly rules and throw out some renitent mate who enjoys the friendships of many - that can piss off the majority of the guests and you may be thrown out of your own party in a sec. You would never risk that face-to-face :)

invalid reasoning. that only applies if your friends consist of a bunch of retards that would back up someone who choose to piss off the one who invited them to a party. i sure would "risk" it face-to-face, as i dont need those retards to be my friends at all. (and as a party organizer of various scene parties, i have been at this point a few times)

Invalid reasoning :) In this actual living room, most of the guests are those retards and may not be your friends, that may easily happen if you organise a really big party where your friends' friends are allowed to be invited and your friend's friend is not necessarily your friend, too. And there are some retards who call you a retard, but since Einstein we know that everything is relative. So in the reality there is no clue if one of the guests is not a f'n martial terminator who zips you in a cardboard box and puts in the fridge until the party ends :)
2013-03-08 17:42
NecroPolo

@Celtic: It seems to be a fair solution to me.
2013-03-08 17:44
chatGPZ

we were speaking about someones living room, remember?

and as i happen to have organized a few 1000+ people parties aswell i can tell you for certain: then it is even less of a problem. one phonecall and 1 minute later whoever goes berzerk will be removed. you are free to try what happens if you dont respect "no smoking" inside the revision hall. bring all your friends if you think that would change anything.
2013-03-08 18:28
NecroPolo

Quote: we were speaking about someones living room, remember?

and as i happen to have organized a few 1000+ people parties aswell i can tell you for certain: then it is even less of a problem. one phonecall and 1 minute later whoever goes berzerk will be removed. you are free to try what happens if you dont respect "no smoking" inside the revision hall. bring all your friends if you think that would change anything.

The whole case just reminds me of a certain '90s home party where the homelord was tied and hung onto his balcony until the morning :)

Wanna be our tour manager? You can do that in 600-1000 visitor clubs and every night is a hand-to-hand fight :)

Apart from joke, metal scene is quite alright I guess, they tend to behave. Never needed any action and we had 15 or so years on the road.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Durandal
master_hacker
Guests online: 136
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 13:37  (9.7)