Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > will some 1 please tell me why
2004-03-08 21:32
Faith
Account closed

will some 1 please tell me why

we have in the last days votet some groups in top 5! just for fun .......... and the most funny about it is few minutes after some 1 votet it down with 1 point , it seems to be somebody like to bee on the top 5 , so please can we get publised votes in here so we can see who the rullers are there are the voting 1 point for groups in here .....

... 33 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-03-08 22:25
Crossfire
Account closed

Well, if virtually everyone on here seem to agree that downvoting sucks, then why not change the system. I think it's kinda ridicolous too. One thing is giving points to groups you like, but another is the be able to directly make them move down the charts..

Nope, it worked better in the old days, the ways you voted for the mags. Name your ten favorites and that's it. Obviously, it's a lot more complex to code (yeah right..) and it would mean the system would have to change, but so what. It seems to generate so much BS on here so maybe you should really consider it..

I'm here to have fun, not to hear constant nagging and biggering. I had so plenty of that on the boards twelve years ago, so either stop or I'll pull the plug for my own sake - and while that might not sound like a threat it is not meant as one, merely stating facts.
2004-03-09 06:52
Ter-o
Account closed

Imho this voting system had a nice potential but it's being misused and yet, I dislike the way it calculates the average value of votes.. f.e. someone has 5 votes, all 10, then he shows up in charts as #1... and then people who have tens of votes, have 9.x or smthn.. and yes, I know: "well why don't you give more votes to this 'fake' #1 then" ... well, I feel that in CSDb, only few members actually care to vote almost anything... considering this, I also agree that the voting system could have use for some face lifting :)

But in generally, this forum is probably one of the best I've ever seen and it really feels like a community. So huge props to all you admins!

__
pHASE1 / creators, dekadence
2004-03-09 07:55
Steppe

Faith, I didn't mean to attack you, I was just trying to be a little ironic... ;-)
I surely agree that downvoting sucks and is lame. By the way, you can make your own votes public in the Userpage tab up there on the left.
2004-03-09 10:56
Faith
Account closed

yes i know ,-)
2004-03-09 11:49
Radar
Account closed

Quote: i have also seen that 2 have votet 1 fore legend who is it that means that legend is so awful ???? i really like to see the votes publised---- okay i did like legend a lot but to give them 1 point is really lame sorry if i make trouble again .... but i don´t understand it

The problem simply is that the people tend to vote by sympathy and not for the skills. For example have a look at the votings of Beastie Boys. Peter/Enigma voted a '1' for BB - in fact he was barely around at that time and can't even judge about Beasties (he was in great 'Miama Vice Crackers' at that time), but he simply doesn't like the fact that Syndicate was right-winged and so... bad vote! I asked him if he calls this a fair vote for the group - no answer but a 'piss off nazi' instead. Great scener...

Another example is Extremist of Empire. He always got denied from Beasties in the past when he still was a lamer from Canada. Axiom gave the wares to somebody else - so he decided to vote a 2 out of sympathy instead of judging the skills.

The third example is Rough/Chromance (yup, just another ripper...) by voting his 'hard awfull' and by perfectly writing stupid comments about BB.

I personally got a '2' as a phreaker... Well, I never said that I have been the greatest phreaker in the past, but some people still ride the street full of jealousy.

THAT are the reasons for those votes...
2004-03-09 12:49
Optimus

Welcome to the scene :)

p.s. No matter, I voted yes for 100% transparent votes, I 'd really love to see who these downvoters are ;)
p.p.s. Can I see the results of the transparent votes survey, or when are they gonna released anyways?
2004-03-09 12:51
Optimus

Or to say it elsewhere: I want 100% transparent "100% transparent votes" poll =)
2004-03-09 12:51
Crossfire
Account closed

Human rule #1: If it CAN be abused, it WILL be...

Haven't you people learned anything? ;-)
2004-03-10 09:22
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Human rule #1: If it CAN be abused, it WILL be...

Haven't you people learned anything? ;-)

That's the point - another one is, that stupid little people like ecological Peter (nowadays saving eskimos at the northpol) will even show their deepest wishes from the past ;-)
2004-03-10 09:37
TDJ

You know, actually the solution is quite simple: we should just regard the charts as 'most liked' instead of 'best of'. Most liked can relate to both a person and his qualities, so then it will be accurate.

Or we could just drop the charts all together.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Stryyker/Tide
Airwolf/F4CG
psenough
CA$H/TRiAD
insane/Rabenauge
Guests online: 126