Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Coinoperator ! (Registered 2024-06-17) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > will some 1 please tell me why
2004-03-08 21:32
Faith
Account closed

will some 1 please tell me why

we have in the last days votet some groups in top 5! just for fun .......... and the most funny about it is few minutes after some 1 votet it down with 1 point , it seems to be somebody like to bee on the top 5 , so please can we get publised votes in here so we can see who the rullers are there are the voting 1 point for groups in here .....

... 33 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-03-11 15:04
TDJ

Quote: nice idea.
one shouldn't be able to add own stuff or stuff from his own group though.

Why not? If people really like the work they did, they can show that. And it won't do much harm: let's say that I feel I'm one of my fave coders. So I get 1 point. Chances are that's all I'll ever get (well, one from Sander as well but that's because I have pictures).

Personally speaking, 4 of my (ex) team members are amongst my 10 fave graphicians. So I would like to have them in my 'fave graphicians' list :)

Also, transparancy would be less of an issue here, but it would be nice if for example I could see who else has a demo I like in their list, and what their other fave demos are. Maybe I'll even discover a new fave?

You could even have a comment added to your favourits. Taking that killer Xenon demo for example: "I never really saw the use of fullscreen 5d vector objects but after this demo I can't live without!" :)
2004-03-11 16:04
Faith
Account closed

i dont even whant to talk about any more becoz all the new sceners really think that they are the kings .. buuuuuh welcome all new sceners you are the kings all of you thanx for that................
2004-03-11 16:13
drake
Account closed

welcome to the 'new' scene, faith ;-)
enyoy your stay and be your own king!
2004-03-11 16:26
Faith
Account closed

yiah thanks
2004-03-11 16:31
Faith
Account closed

greetings to radar for all the good work he have done on the c-64 (you got my respect pal) and i really fucking miss the old time ..... and greetings to the new scene you dont have my respect you have my heart thanks for holding the c-64 alive
2004-03-11 17:19
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: Silly me, I came up with yet another way to make charts, kind of a mix between several of the solutions mentioned above.

Every member here can select up to 10 of his favourites in a specific area. So his 10 favorite demos, coders, graphicians, cracking groups, whatever. This list is an unranked one, so every name on the list gets 1 point. Charts are compiled by basically just adding the points a scener/group/release gets from the voting members.

Members can change this list whenever and how many times they like. Let’s say I already have the max. of 10 demos selected and Xenon releases an absolute killer that I feel should belong in that list as well. I should be able to press an ‘add to favorites’ button on the page of that demo, and then select the demo that I want to take out of my favorites list (because I can’t have 11 of them). The demo taken out gets one points less, the Xenon demo gets one more and presto: dynamic charts!

Whaddayathink?

I like the idea although it is still only an idea to generate an all time best chart list. Which is fair enough :)

-

My original point of a chart to chart success of current stuff would work something like:

Here`s a vote sheet...
Here`s what was released between March and June (for example). You can only vote for what is listed on the list!
Go fill out your vote sheet ;)

The onlt issue with this idea would be, some sceners would not have seen all releases list on the vote sheet list.
2004-03-11 22:09
TDJ

Quote: I like the idea although it is still only an idea to generate an all time best chart list. Which is fair enough :)

-

My original point of a chart to chart success of current stuff would work something like:

Here`s a vote sheet...
Here`s what was released between March and June (for example). You can only vote for what is listed on the list!
Go fill out your vote sheet ;)

The onlt issue with this idea would be, some sceners would not have seen all releases list on the vote sheet list.

It's not only an idea to generate an all time best chart list. Because a category can also be "best demo of 2003" for example.

Think bigger, bigger I tell you!
2004-03-11 22:28
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: It's not only an idea to generate an all time best chart list. Because a category can also be "best demo of 2003" for example.

Think bigger, bigger I tell you!

*i see* /WEC :)
2004-03-30 04:46
Fungus

I still cant figure out HOW to vote for groups etc?? WHat am I stupid??? Dont answer that...

Someone plz tell me how to vote, cause my opinion counts! :D

(Huge ego you know, bigger than even The Shark's!)

Fungus
2004-03-31 20:08
Platoon
Account closed

yes u search for the sceener platoon and pick the 1 from daniax then in the right corner u give this guy a 10 :)

hehe just kidding but thats how its done correct me if im wrong.

search group or sceener and u can vote in the right corner............
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
TheEnemy/TREX/THD
A3/AFL
Majikeyric
WVL/Xenon
Smasher/F4CG
hedning/G★P