Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Erik_Bam ! (Registered 2024-05-26) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong
2023-10-08 20:11
mankeli

Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong

But is it the "cultural marxism" what this prod refers to?

My understanding is that it's a actually an American conspiracy theory. From Wikipedia:
Quote:

The term "Cultural Marxism" refers to a far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory which misrepresents the Frankfurt School as being responsible for modern progressive movements, identity politics, and political correctness.

The conspiracy theory posits that there is an ongoing and intentional academic and intellectual effort to subvert Western society via a planned culture war that undermines the Christian values of traditionalist conservatism and seeks to replace them with culturally liberal values.

Source

... 67 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-10-09 00:34
TSM

Very nice picture. Also kudos for mocking the mainstream narrative.
2023-10-09 00:45
4gentE

@Jammer : I’m reacting to your comment/vote on this prod exclusively out of my utter respect for you, both for your person and your work. So I beg you not to misunderstand me. I know you know that the author of this prod means that by giving him 10 you support him and his ‘cause’ because I know you’re a smart guy. And I know you know your “I disapprove of the message…but” doesn’t mean shit to him. And I know you know some things should not be touched. Like giving praise to those beautiful uniforms Hugo Boss made for the SS for example. Or giving praise to the work of a half crazed angry hallucinating guy who keeps ranting about “cultural marxism” and “fighting” even after what Breivik had done with the same “cultural marxism” in his head, on his lips, and eventually in his hands. Especially after this man insulted all Germans and double especially after he bragged that “most normal people and the majority of his nation” supported him. Triple especially after him putting Ukrainian flag into his art, along with C-19, BLM and CO2(?) all as parts of cultural marxist conspiracy. Thereby shitting on all those people lost to Covid, shitting on a country that currently struggles under criminal fascist aggression. Or am I being overly “politically correct”? I’m wondering why did you do it? It was not ‘either you’re with us or against us’ situation. Why not steer clear of it all? I don’t understand. What’s there to prove and to whom?
2023-10-09 08:16
mankeli

Somewhat responding/commenting to CreaMD's comment on the prod page.

It's no wonder that these kind of movements are rising as energy prices are going up, and the whole world feels this urge to "downshift" as the effects of global warming gets more and more apparent. Everything feels a lot more unstable, and people try to hold on their communities.

We also live in a hugely different world than just 100 years ago. (hint: being able to send message to japan from finland in 6ms is something that _no species in earth history_ have been able to do before us now) - All the this creates feedback loops and situations that are completely unfamiliar to us. (suddenly you are not alone with your weird hobby in your local village, you can be part of a pan-european community instead!)

Also at the same time wealth has been accumulating to certain individuals who now have more power than kings did in the past. "Free markets will handle everything most efficiently" - atleast for some :)

And then there's also 15+ years of Russian hybrid influence. (This book by Finnish journalist Jessikka Aro was pretty mindblowing) - Most interesting to me was how Russian state has followed the old CCCP 60% truth 40% lies recipe, and in this especially selecting news that would show how everything is fucked up. These news were then distributed by local internet news sites, read a lot by "normal working people". The populist political parties have embraced these sites because the destabilization directly benefits them on the elections..

And also social media companies (trying to algorithmically match people to maximize engagement) have played part in this increased polarization. But there's also the fact how text-based communication is super-limited and even simple tongue-in-the-cheek jokes are being misinterpreted in completely wrong way. (it's very visible sometimes on IRC when people are getting f'ed up but then we have a party/meeting and it's alles gut again)

It doesn't help to call people idiots maybe. Even though the "information space" some folks have been in, has been poisoned systematically, it doesn't mean that they are stupid. Beliefs and world views are highly context-dependent. If you call people stupid, that just puts up their defenses and then nothing gets through.

Intolerance should not be tolerated, but let's try to be a bit more than just apes. (although maybe calling people stupid on the internet already is :D (if it stays on the internet))
2023-10-09 09:52
spider-j

Quote:
And also social media companies (trying to algorithmically match people to maximize engagement) have played part in this increased polarization. But there's also the fact how text-based communication is super-limited and even simple tongue-in-the-cheek jokes are being misinterpreted in completely wrong way. (it's very visible sometimes on IRC when people are getting f'ed up but then we have a party/meeting and it's alles gut again)

It doesn't help to call people idiots maybe. Even though the "information space" some folks have been in, has been poisoned systematically, it doesn't mean that they are stupid. Beliefs and world views are highly context-dependent. If you call people stupid, that just puts up their defenses and then nothing gets through.

@mankeli: To say it in social media terms: +1 ;-)
2023-10-09 10:01
Cruzer

Quoting mankeli
conspiracy theory
Implying that it's untrue?
2023-10-09 10:11
4gentE

Quote:
Quoting mankeli
conspiracy theory
Implying that it's untrue?

What? The "cultural marxism"?
It's as true as the "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion".
2023-10-09 10:18
Krill

Wait, this production is NOT meant as tongue-in-cheek satire and to be taken at face value? :-O
2023-10-09 10:23
4gentE

Quote:
Wait, this production is NOT meant as tongue-in-cheek satire and to be taken at face value? :-O

Oh yes. The author is dead serious about it all.
2023-10-09 10:27
iAN CooG

The whole compo is about making fun of jetan taking this matters too seriously. The others that prefer to live happily just laugh about it.
2023-10-09 10:29
CreaMD

Quote: Wait, this production is NOT meant as tongue-in-cheek satire and to be taken at face value? :-O

Depends on whether or not you believe in "The Death of the Author" literary theory. :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
theK/ATL
Erik_Bam
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Ghostrider/No Name
Hobbit/Fairlight
wacek/arise