Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #131491 : Relaunch64 V3.2
2014-06-22 07:30
Testicle
Account closed

Release id #131491 : Relaunch64 V3.2

Relaunch64 3.2 - the cross platform cross development IDE - has been released!

All downloads available at Source Forge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/3.2.0/

The C64-wiki-entry is already updated:
http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/Relaunch64

This release focuses on an improved code-folding mechanism as well as a new designed GUI, which makes the usage of goto-commands more comfortable (see http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/Relaunch64#Goto-commands).

The new features in detail:

code-folding (see preferences)
- enable or disable code-folding
- added automatic code-folding for braces { and } (can be en-/disabled)
- added automatic code-folding for labels (can be en-/disabled)
- added automatic code-folding for conditional directives (can be en-/disabled)
- added automatic code-folding for structures (can be en-/disabled)
- added automatic code-folding for sections (can be en-/disabled)

editor
- automatic indention works for spaces now, too
- added commands to automatically convert spaces to tabs (and vice versa, see menu edit)
- added preference to use spaces instead of tabs when pressing tab-key
- slightly changed automatic tab/space indention. if "enter" is hit in between leading tabs/spaces, the indention is adjusted to fit the previous lines.
- shift+enter now inserts new line without automatic indention

user scripts
- added SOURCENAME and OUTNAME as additional placeholders for input and output file names, excluding path and extension
- added RSOURCFILE and ROUTPUT as additional placeholders for the relative paths of input and output file names
- the extraction of script- and start-comment-commands (see help) was improved

GUI
- the goto-popup-list was removed and replaced by a sidebar. this allows "surfing" through the goto-destinations (labels, sections, functions...) etc.
- new textfield under goto-sidebar to find goto-token from sidebar (label, macro, section...) by typing
- new textfield under goto-sidebar to filter goto-token-list in sidebar when pressing enter-key (label, macro, section...)
- show/hide goto-sidebar (see menu View)
- "Compile and run" area was removed. Script-selection moved to log-area, assembler-syntax moved to bottom status bar (and is now part of the "source code information status bar")
- optionally show file extension in tabs (see preferences)
- optionally hide "Select script" field (below logs). when selecting a new script, the selection box is shown (when hidden) and hidden again after selecting a script (see preferences)
- changed colors/appearance of logs
- tabs of open files may be shown in one row (scrollable, see preferences)
- by default, a monospaced font is used on all systems (Windows, OS X and Linux)

various
- open included source-file in new tab (when include-directive and included source-file are in caret-line) (see menu file)
- open all included source-files in new tab (when include-directive and included source-file are in caret-line) (see menu file)
- open folder of source file, to quickly open a source file's folder in a file explorer.
- added quick-access to compiler-help (type "ch" into text field on bottom left)

Bug fixes
- tabs on OS X where a bit larger than planned - fixed
- fixed bug with syntax-highlighting, which, in some specific cases, did not recognize all labels
- fixed typo in help (user scripts)
- fixed bug with "insert section" command on OS X
- fixed minor bugs with comment-commands

For OS X user, I have compiled binaries from 64tass, ACME, DASM, PuCrunch and Exomizer at http://www.popelganda.de/relaunch64.html.
2014-06-22 15:52
The Gothicman
Account closed

Maybe it's just me, but somehow I miss the "RUN"-Button...
2014-06-22 17:19
Testicle
Account closed

Yes, after some thinking about the GUI, I decided to remove the Run-button in favor of a more cleaned-up interface. You can just press F5 or use the menu command from the "Source" menu to run a script.

I could have added the button behind the select script box (under logs), however, the width of the log-area might be too large when you have the logs to the right of the editor pane. So I decided to completely remove the button.
2014-06-22 17:24
Testicle
Account closed

Maybe I add a toolbar with quick access to common functions, however, it's difficult to find suitable and beautiful icons... :-/
2014-06-23 08:47
Testicle
Account closed

I've implemented a toolbar in the current snapshot:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/snapshots/

Run-button and select-script are now accessible via toolbar. hide toolbar or show/hide icon text via preferences.
2014-06-24 17:30
The Gothicman
Account closed

YES!
That's the way, -aha, aha-, I like it... :)
2014-06-25 05:25
Dano

yes really like this ide. the new editor makes it really nice to use. what i miss (never thought i would..) is a x/y cursor position. a nice thing for keeping overview in code is that zoomed-out-textview from sublime text. don't know if this is possible at all with java and this editorcomponent?

need to give it a little more thourough work to see how it works out in a productive session.

really good work, keep it definitly up!
2014-06-25 06:49
Testicle
Account closed

What do you mean by x/y cursor position? the line- and column-number of the caret?

And how does the text-zoom-function work? I haven't found any specific screenshots at the sublime-homepage.
2014-06-25 07:49
Dano

yes the col/line of the caret, exactly.

will send you a screenshot in a pm or mail. you should take a peek at sublimetext, it's a pretty decent editor.

in the end its just some zoomed out small-width version of the main-editor which lets you move the editor-position around by clicking and dragging in that zoomed-out view. you can't read in there but it help navigating in a source.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Codey/Second Dimension
Alakran_64
Flex/Artline Designs
Andy/AEG
Jucke
iAN CooG/HVSC