Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #194939 : CorGI
2020-08-24 01:35
Moderators

Release id #194939 : CorGI

User Comment
Submitted by Elko [PM] on 24 August 2020
Yeah Corona makes me sick and depressive. But i try to do the best of that shit, its a kind of "must" do this, to protect friends & family. From biological and evolutionary standpoint its full ok for me to live with all that restrictions ;-D but hey, do what ever u want, BUT live with the consequences.

DAMN what a mind-blowing scroll-text, cant believe it. A new LOW-Level.

User Comment
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 23 August 2020
many comments, so I had to read that infamous scrolltext... GI Joe just typed covid tests aren't 100% accurate and he's skeptical about the government's decision to wear masks.
well, I don't think he spread fake news like covid is an hoax or Earth is flat, so let's move on. and yes: coronavirus suxx!

User Comment
Submitted by Nordischsound [PM] on 23 August 2020
one point to say "this sucks", I'm on board. Guess what? just found out, that a friend of mine lost a aunt and a cousin in brazil, because of COVID-19

User Comment
Submitted by Honcho [PM] on 23 August 2020
I'm all for free speach, but ignorance kills.

User Comment
Submitted by Medicus [PM] on 23 August 2020
This production makes me sick!

*PUKE*

User Comment
Submitted by awsm [PM] on 23 August 2020
Kudos my friend for being able to release while being boozed, also I encourage free speech and respect your opinion, but I'd also rather happily enjoy a fresh dose of tripper than approve your scrolltext message.

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 23 August 2020
This scroller is a new low. And you should probably watch this video to understand the actual error ratio of those tests.

User Comment
Submitted by TheRyk [PM] on 23 August 2020
Freedom of Speech Disclaimer: Opinions of single members do not necessarily represent whole group.

Corona and fun, Corona and non-mainstream opinion, well... it was clear that this release provokes reactions.

In a way, I can understand iAN's reaction, especially as he's from Italy.

However, I've read through the scroll once more and found that GI-Joe _mainly_ just points out inaccuracy of some figures, nothing wrong with that imho, although I personally might not draw the same conclusions from that.

So what Jammer say bu also, freedom of speech includes GI-Joe is gonna endure that people criticize his view.

User Comment
Submitted by Jammer [PM] on 23 August 2020
His holy right to convey any bullshit he wants to ;)

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 23 August 2020
Very stupid message in the scroller. Just because you were lucky to not get infected so far doesn't mean the Covid is an hoax, it's serious and you should be always careful.

... 26 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-08-26 21:11
GI-Joe

like i wrote earlier
Quoting GI-Joe
There are a lot of opinions, videos, TV reports, newspaper articles on this subject, some of which are seriously contradicted.

You can spread tons of video-links and i can do that too.
But the only common truth should be the official case numbers of the german Robert Koch Institute ....

Anything else in this context is only opinion-making and scientifically ineffective.
2020-08-26 21:24
chatGPZ

You started with posting a link to one of those "corona is harmless" clowns. the one i posted on the other hand presents hard scientific facts. this isnt about "opinions".
2020-08-27 02:27
Frantic

Not sure if this thread has anything to do with C64 or the C64 scene whatsoever. Doesn't seem like that to me. :)

Close thread?
2020-08-27 19:09
TheRyk

Don't know why anything slightly controversial must result in call for *close fred*. BTW even moving release comments to forums doesn't make sense as the comments clearly referred to the entry's scroll and I've never understood why moderators think that's the way to de-escalate or prevent drama.

Personally, I don't share the conclusions GI-Joe draws from the tests' inaccuracies.

On the other hand, forbidding the demonstration in Berlin (though I'd never go there and had some arguments with people who sympathise with these protests) is wrong imho. Especially in Germany it would have been better to allow the demonstration, maybe make anti-demonstration and maybe fine/arrest people who violate current legislation including wearing masks. Banning the demo will only fuel the fire of those who claim government is instrumentalizing the pandemic to do law and order policy and weaken democracy. Even totally anti-democratic weirdos can play the martyr of democratic rights now.

And BTW autocrats would LOVE Germany and other EU countries not taking their own medicine but pointing out human rights violations in Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Belarus, Russia, USA... you name it. Gives a kinda hypocritical image.
2020-08-27 20:42
Smasher

sorry ZeRyk, but I'm with Frantic this time. free speech till my last drop of blood, sure! but this thread has nothing to do with c64 and the scene. it can be closed anytime for me.
2020-08-27 20:53
Frantic

The point was not that the issue shouldn't be discussed because it is "controversial". That would be silly indeed. The idea was just, like ZeSmasher says, that this discussion has nothing to do with the C64 scene.
2020-08-27 20:55
chatGPZ

They should have sponsored that demo.... and then bomb it with napalm.

Closing the thread has nothing to do with free speech at all. Just do it :)
2020-08-27 22:46
TheRyk

Never mind :)

*forces himself to say no more as everyone knows democratic values don't apply here and even _not_ hailing CSDb moderation on anti-social networks (which I don't know shit about) can cause trouble due to ze rulez*
2020-08-28 00:04
Copyfault

Before this thread is being closed (which seems to be "in the air" kind of), I'll share my few cents on the release: while there have always been demos with controversial political or social messages, I found it quite embarrassing that upon reading the scrolltext I got hit by AN INVITATION TO AN Anit-Corona-measures demonstration. Sorry, but for me this is just like those Nazi-glorifying demos that were out there in the past.

And yes, I know how numbers and other weights calculated by RKI and other institutes & alikes work, I could start arguing with the importance of escalation models that have not been brought up until now, etc.pp., but I think this is definatly *NOT* the right content for a csdb thread, so I hereby apologize for the last sentence (but in no way for the upper one!).
2020-08-28 00:40
TheRyk

OK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

can be closed now :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Low Spirit
t0m3000/ibex-crew
d0c
Higgie/Kraze/Onslaught
Krill/Plush
hedning/G★P