Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #3011 : Transmission 64
2021-01-25 01:31
anonym

Event id #3011 : Transmission 64

Three months to Transmission 64. Are YOU working on your demo, music and graphics already?

We will host a
* demo competition
* 4k competition
* music competition
* graphic competition
* PETSCII competition

... 76 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-04-06 20:19
Krill

Quoting anonym
We've gone with the traditional party compo interpretation and I guess we'll call it a "4k demo" instead to make it clearer.
Finally a party that calls a spade a spade. =)
2021-04-08 15:54
anonym

Hi there, we've updated some info on the https://transmission64.com/ and will continue to do so over the next few days. Please note that the latest information on the site will be considered valid at any time given, but may be changed at the organizer's discretion.

Also, please feel free to peruse (and like and share) our shiny new marketing material, for example, these shoutouts from Slaygon and FRaNKy. There are more to come, and you can also send your own :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_XBzOlpkWq5xUTZ9t1ELbQ
2021-04-09 10:09
The Sarge

Really looking forward to this! I am sure it will be awesome and I have a gut feeling there will be lots of good releases.

Can we PLEASE have a proper look at the image quality for this stream? Having Revision fresh in my mind...

No 400% oversaturated colours and crisp and clear pixels with correct aspect ratio.

Thanks! :)

/Sarge
2021-04-09 12:27
Honcho

Quote: Really looking forward to this! I am sure it will be awesome and I have a gut feeling there will be lots of good releases.

Can we PLEASE have a proper look at the image quality for this stream? Having Revision fresh in my mind...

No 400% oversaturated colours and crisp and clear pixels with correct aspect ratio.

/Sarge

Do I sense another masterpiece coming from the Sarge? :)
2021-04-09 15:00
anonym

Quote: Really looking forward to this! I am sure it will be awesome and I have a gut feeling there will be lots of good releases.

/Sarge

Thank you for your support and you're question. We've been following the discussion about the graphics online and want to run some testing in the weeks leading up to the party. We'll share some more information about that here. Thank you to those also who reached out directly to us.

Is there any party, video recording that you think produces the best result as guidance? I know some of the video publishers spend hours on heave post-processing and editing to make their recordings look perfect. Due to the limited time available, that won't be an option for us, but we'll try to do our best. Thank you to all of those who record the high-quality videos and have provided me with information on their technology used.

Unfortunately, the c64 (c64s really, there are many different versions with different video outputs) deliver quite a varied signal that is far from "clear and crisp" and contains bleed etc. On top of there are the limits of the streaming platforms and the viewer's hardware adds another factor out of our control.

We'll update you on the testing soon™, of course, we're striving to deliver the best quality possible. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-04-09 16:12
The Sarge

This sounds great. Actually I think you have one person in your team that have a picture that looks rather good. The Mibri show is pretty close with the colours to what we are used to see. It bleeds a bit but it just makes it look like a CRT so that is OK.
If my memory doesn't fail me...

Honcho. :D I dont know about that. I'm having a go in the GFX compo.
2021-04-09 23:40
Copyfault

This sounds great. Actually I think you have one person in your team that have a picture that looks rather good. The Mibri show is pretty close with the colours to what we are used to see. It bleeds a bit but it just makes it look like a CRT so that is OK.[...]
I have to second this! Mibri's setup gives colours that look like true c64 colours and not like the Revision-stream-distorted ones (plus it handles interlace very nicely in most cases;)).

Is it correct that they used an U64 for the c64 stuff at Revision?? @Transmission64-team: if so, please avoid using it or at least check the configuration features to tune the colours right...
2021-04-10 03:15
Krill

Quoting Copyfault
not like the Revision-stream-distorted ones
Haha, yeah, and they even ranted about the C-64's palette. 16 shades of brown master race!
2021-04-10 06:42
Frantic

Quote:
Mibri's setup gives colours that look like true c64 colours

What equipment is involved in Mibri's setup?
2021-04-10 07:17
anonym

Thank you all for tasking Mibri with doing more of the compo recording <3 We'll still be doing some tests, but this is important feedback.

For those who want to jog their memory, Mibri has some recordings of previous streams here:
https://www.twitch.tv/mibric64/videos

And Case also has some recordings of the streams here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/c45e64/videos

I'll let him answer the questions regarding the equipment, but one thing I'm pretty sure about is that he doesn't have a Lumafix.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mike
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
cba
Fred/Channel 4
ΛΛdZ
Menace/Spaceballs