Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Defilus ! (Registered 2024-10-04) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #246233 : Operation MILF
2024-10-01 09:07
Oswald

Release id #246233 : Operation MILF

@Oswald and defenders of AI. Would you be OK if the winning demo (or the rest) was coded by ChatGPT to the most part, and not by you?

I think this picture for the MOST part was done by Rexbeng not AI. I think its fair as long as the compo and other participants are ok with AI used. Also Rexbeng OPENLY admitting and explaining the process makes it ok.

Also I am not defending AI usage here, I dislike 4gentE's trolling for the most part.
2024-10-01 10:04
4gentE

I suspect Oswald would be perfectly OK if a winning demo was made by AI. As long as it’s not made by wacek/Arise. Only then & there the real husky-like whining starts. As We’ve all seen (heard) in the past.

Oswald, dear:
So, first you concluded I was being gay for thinking that MILF acronym in combination with a woman in uniform holding a rifle is slightly distasteful (my exact words). No trolling, no whining. Stating what I thought, normally talking with rexbeng.
Then, a few posts later you said that I was anti-AI-trolling.
So which is it?

It was the same with the “origins of the demoscene” conversation. You chimed in half-thread only to take a dump on what I was saying.

You seem to harbour an unhealthy obsession to engage in conversations in which I’m conversing with other people and take the opposite stance (of course opulently peppered with your own brand of immature primitivism). You literally said it yourself: “Also I am not defending AI usage here, I dislike 4gentE's trolling for the most part.” In other words you don’t give a cr*p about the subject at hand, you only care about me. And you’ve been this way on and off ever since your friend got called out for wiring, and not even by me, back then I only stepped in when you and your other rabid buddy started spewing despicable insults toward some of the greatest gfx artists in the C64 world of today. So, while being kinda flattered that you seem to care a lot about me, thanking you for your attention, I’d rather you found another idol to love or hate.
2024-10-01 10:13
CreaMD

Quote: @Oswald and defenders of AI. Would you be OK if the winning demo (or the rest) was coded by ChatGPT to the most part, and not by you?

I think this picture for the MOST part was done by Rexbeng not AI. I think its fair as long as the compo and other participants are ok with AI used. Also Rexbeng OPENLY admitting and explaining the process makes it ok.

Also I am not defending AI usage here, I dislike 4gentE's trolling for the most part.

"OPENLY admitting"

That's the point! It's minimum requirement. Give credits where credits is due. Be open about the process. And Rexbeng was open.

I think guys from the ‘Pixel art in the C64 demoscene’ initiative would call this a minimum requirement. But it's on them to comment on that. It is now burried under the pile of other discussions, but maybe their document should be published somewhere for reference (maybe even with some kind of "join the initiative form" ;-).

P.S.: I like the pic.
2024-10-01 10:16
CreaMD

I think you should backpedal a little, guys, and refrain from ad hominem argumentation, otherwise, do what pleases you.
2024-10-01 10:28
4gentE

@CreaMD: Oswald’s engagement in this case is in its entirety (again) ad hominem which he even stated. He was there in the comments section exclusively to engage ad hominem. He can’t even decide what’s the exact focus of my “trolling”, but it matters little to him, he just wants to come in guns blazing. So, I apologize to you and everyone else, especially rexbeng for idiotism that ensued.
2024-10-01 10:31
hedning

Oh no!

2024-10-01 12:12
Digger

@TheSarge: The storyboard of your 1337 demo was AFAIR written by ChatGPT ;-)

If LLM can help me coding the most boring parts, or optimise some realtime calculations I don't see the problem with it. We will only end up with even better demos.
2024-10-01 21:20
chatGPZ

Would be so cool if i could just tell chatGPT what i want to see and then it produces code for me.

But no, i have to use chatGPZ instead and it sux :(
2024-10-01 21:38
The Sarge

@Digger. :D No. Where have you heard this? Completely false. And it's not MY demo, it's the team of Trident, me, Fegolhuzz and Soya.
The story was written by Trident which we then did some minor adjustments along the way which is just natural in a creative process.

ChatGPT was used for the AIs taunting texts in some parts, which was on purpose because it was the AI that was attacking the humans. So we wanted these weird texts. It was something like 4 sentences.

And story boards are not written, they are drawn. :) I think you are mixing up things here.

And finally this is not about 13:37.
2024-10-01 21:57
spider-j

Quoting Digger
If LLM can help me coding the most boring parts, or optimise some realtime calculations I don't see the problem with it.

I wouldn't call it a "problem", but personally I'd argue that even if the outcome may be similar or even equal, you deprive yourself of the unique experience as a human being to even put effort into the most mundane tasks to achieve something "good".

I feel the more I don't rely on tools by others and make my own or just do stuff "by hand" where you could just copy, convert or whatever the more I'm satisfied with the result, even then, when I think that the result would be percieved as "better" by others, because I may have made several "mistakes" in my approach.

Because what do I care about the perception of others about the result, when I'm the only one that actually experiences the process of creating itself which usually takes up way more lifetime than the short occasions when one can present their "art" to others? So for me the process itself should be fullfilling for me and a challenge to my own will power.

And using "shortcuts" often leaves an unsatified feeling within me.

// philosophical talk end

Of course I know we all – me included – often just don't have the time to follow the above mentioned approach to its fullest :-)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Airwolf/F4CG
Guests online: 65
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)