Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Nicron ! (Registered 2024-05-21) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #47904 : Joe Gunn Preview
2007-03-24 19:01
Oswald

Release id #47904 : Joe Gunn Preview

Now what was the fucking idea with releasing this? Showing your packer using, cruncher and introlinking skills? Triad was the name for quality for me. Now Triad equals a bunch of fucking lamers not being able to do anything but put intros in front of non protected games, games that are not even finished, games that are made for fun, and for free. You didnt even needed a first supplier, just downloaded it added an intro... for what fucking reason?

Stop being lame and releasing shite under the triad label.

... 104 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-03-25 22:49
d0c

now we have still one game that exist and are still uncracked, that can be exposed ;)
2007-03-25 22:54
CreaMD

Quote: now we have still one game that exist and are still uncracked, that can be exposed ;)

That's called oldie cracking. Oswald didn't criticise that.
2007-03-25 23:16
Fungus

d0c: portal? I noticed some mention of this... is this the one with KDOS? or was that F-14... anyways, this is KEYDOS by activision. If anyone want some help on it, it is not so hard to do... (I am retired so don't ask me to do it! however I'd be glad to help.)

and there is quite a couple hundred or more USA games never done right...

CreaMD: the fact you think the scene was founded by teenagers states your ignorance on the subject more than anything I could retort with. :D

retro demo... well since your coding on a machine from 1984 in 2007... I'd say that fits the bill.

Closed minded, your elitist attitude and the fact you claim so, is quite close minded... Elite is as Elite does! (Here in print is an unspoken rule for u ;)

Moloch: *FLUSH*

2007-03-25 23:48
CreaMD

Quote: d0c: portal? I noticed some mention of this... is this the one with KDOS? or was that F-14... anyways, this is KEYDOS by activision. If anyone want some help on it, it is not so hard to do... (I am retired so don't ask me to do it! however I'd be glad to help.)

and there is quite a couple hundred or more USA games never done right...

CreaMD: the fact you think the scene was founded by teenagers states your ignorance on the subject more than anything I could retort with. :D

retro demo... well since your coding on a machine from 1984 in 2007... I'd say that fits the bill.

Closed minded, your elitist attitude and the fact you claim so, is quite close minded... Elite is as Elite does! (Here in print is an unspoken rule for u ;)

Moloch: *FLUSH*

Quote:

I expected that someone will point out that there were adults involved in the cracking scene too, and still, I didn't rephrase it because I don't think that it really matters. I wanted to point out that as someone who wasn't involved in cracking scene while I was young, I didn't grow emotional attachment towards it and I don't find rational to try now in my 31 yrs.

Quote:

You are free to have your opinion on that, but officially there is no retro-demo-scene. Especially not in C64 scene where some old sceners never left the scene completely. There might be retro-demo-scene for e.g. Vic-20 as this machine seemed abandoned for years and now there are new demos appearing.

Quote:

I don't claim anything. I just admitted that (from certain point of view... etc.). Anyway, why do you think that you will get away with pointing out of non-essential things in what I said and ignoring my questions? ;-) I don't think you will persuade anyone this way, and certainly not me.
2007-03-26 01:02
cadaver

Btw. how do we decide where (worthy) history ends and modern-scene lameness begins? I can think of one possible way, by asking at lemon64 :)
2007-03-26 01:25
Jazzcat

As usual CreamD is showing the way... he speaks of "tolerating" with things, yet at the same time his statements reek of anything but tolerance.

Tsk Tsk... don't accept, but understand why people do things - not much to ask for?

Someone close this thread as it is just going to go around in circles (like most other threads of this nature).
2007-03-26 06:38
CreaMD

Quote: As usual CreamD is showing the way... he speaks of "tolerating" with things, yet at the same time his statements reek of anything but tolerance.

Tsk Tsk... don't accept, but understand why people do things - not much to ask for?

Someone close this thread as it is just going to go around in circles (like most other threads of this nature).

Jazzcat. That is your impression. I can't say anything else than repeat that I don't reject or blame the past. I'm not against personal stories and recollections. I'm just not going to turn my values upside-down just because of what other people did when they were young.

What I wrote to Oswald was an advice that trying to change anything is futile because there is no capacity for cracking scene to change it's views. I didn't re-start the argument yesterday. As if you didn't know that if you write anything mentioning me and spice it with words like "bunch of whining newbies" that it won't stay unnoticed. ;-)
2007-03-26 06:56
Fungus

CreaMD: I'm several years older than you are, and I do not feel the need to change my views based on your opinions either. However the "standards" of the cracking scene, have proven quite useful also in real life. The loyalty, the friendship, and the "do it yourself" attitude. These value's still hold true for a lot of sceners. Many younger sceners don't understand the scene at all from the point of view of this early times... put yourself there and try to revise your outlook. With such attitude, you'd have gone absolutely no where fast, and obviously your not scoring any points with many of us... Not that you care.

Cadaver: that's simple, the internet killed that scene. so 1994-1995 or there abouts.

2007-03-26 07:09
CreaMD

Quote: CreaMD: I'm several years older than you are, and I do not feel the need to change my views based on your opinions either. However the "standards" of the cracking scene, have proven quite useful also in real life. The loyalty, the friendship, and the "do it yourself" attitude. These value's still hold true for a lot of sceners. Many younger sceners don't understand the scene at all from the point of view of this early times... put yourself there and try to revise your outlook. With such attitude, you'd have gone absolutely no where fast, and obviously your not scoring any points with many of us... Not that you care.

Cadaver: that's simple, the internet killed that scene. so 1994-1995 or there abouts.

Fungus. Finally some point. But problem is not in the loyalty, friendship and do-it-yourself attitude. That are values I like in the scene. Together with creativity and communication.

But in reality, I find it weird to release the preview of a game found in forum. In reality I find it illogical to release a game made by someone who communicates with you friendly. Sometimes such person doens't get it and what we can do for the guy to help him understand? Hey dude, don't whine that your game was introlinked, it's not an act of disrespect. It's cracking scene, learn how it works... ;-) I call that doublethink. Not that I care.. right ;-)
2007-03-26 07:22
Jazzcat

Quote: Fungus. Finally some point. But problem is not in the loyalty, friendship and do-it-yourself attitude. That are values I like in the scene. Together with creativity and communication.

But in reality, I find it weird to release the preview of a game found in forum. In reality I find it illogical to release a game made by someone who communicates with you friendly. Sometimes such person doens't get it and what we can do for the guy to help him understand? Hey dude, don't whine that your game was introlinked, it's not an act of disrespect. It's cracking scene, learn how it works... ;-) I call that doublethink. Not that I care.. right ;-)

CreamD: you find it weird because you don't understand how it all works. Quite simple really, nothing wrong with this. But mind your manners when expressing your view on this (this MAINLY goes for Oswald and his waggling newbie tongue more so than you of course).

Myself: I didn't get to see the game preview of JOE GUNN _until_ ***TRIAD*** released it.

Thanks to ***TRIAD*** for bring this release to my attention!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Ax!s/Onslaught - TND
Asphodel
Adder/Triad
Acidchild/Padua
MWR/Visdom
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX