Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #8546 : ArachnoPhobia #28
2003-04-21 20:14
CreaMD

Release id #8546 : ArachnoPhobia #28

I don't know what others but I consider putting releases into the internet C64 scene database and not "releasing them" (at least on internet) is a bad behaviour. Role and Spiders Crew, please don't do that.

Roman

... 30 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-04-24 21:43
Commander
Account closed

By the way, these releasedates are also mentioned in our products, so do we have to lie about the date-information?
I think that I will erase all date-information about all Role products and my former group products, because some people don't like the facts other people use.
Good luck with this database, which isn't a database into my eyes anymore in this way of all these critics.
2003-04-24 22:54
Oxidy
Account closed

Commander,

I don't think you're worth less than anyone else, and you being a member of Role has nothing to do with anything.
You said it was your last reaction, but I'm writing this knowing you'll read what I'm saying.
I hope you'll continue adding your releases to this database. I have nothing to do with it, and don't want it to be damaged just because I offended you. Perff and many others has put a lot of effort into it, and CSDB is worth using. Your releases will be added anyway, and it's better that you do it, than someone else.

In case you only had good intentions with the late release date, then I said more than I should.

/oxidy
2003-04-25 00:44
CreaMD

Quote: Commander,

I don't think you're worth less than anyone else, and you being a member of Role has nothing to do with anything.
You said it was your last reaction, but I'm writing this knowing you'll read what I'm saying.
I hope you'll continue adding your releases to this database. I have nothing to do with it, and don't want it to be damaged just because I offended you. Perff and many others has put a lot of effort into it, and CSDB is worth using. Your releases will be added anyway, and it's better that you do it, than someone else.

In case you only had good intentions with the late release date, then I said more than I should.

/oxidy

Exactly!

I did my comment in good faith. My aim (and I'm sure that's also the case with Noname's and Padua's projects) is to get the scene communication and spreading of things work better. When I see that something goes wrong I point it out.I check CSDB main page once a day. And two latest releases never change because they are "officially" released on 5.may.

As that 5 line info about latest releases should show the current situation. If anyone added 3 more releases with date shifted towards future, I would have to click on "Latest Releases" link to get info about the real situation. I'm sure that is not how it was inteded to work.

Roman

2003-04-25 11:19
jailbird

Commander, your last post deserves some (now really) final words, especially as you run onto a siding and steadily misinterpret my reactions. So you feel that I attacked you just cuz I find you "unimportant" or myself better than you, but seems you never noticed that I'm maybe the only one from the "top10" graphicians that always tried to help out with a logo or two those who were/are in some circles considered as "retardscene" or "lame", like the Spiders Crew, Arachnophobia, or... TMR ;D
Naah, dude you don't have to freak out like that, just to reconsider why are a bunch of people annoyed by your "inventions", or some things you do and say. And if that doesn't ring a bell, well, tough luck...
2003-04-25 13:20
Rough
Account closed

There is no problem with stuff being released on the mail-scene 1-2 weeks before it pops up on the internet. If you like doing so, do so. The point is that the release date is definately! the date when it gets spread FIRST, whether on snail mail or internet it doesn't matter.
2003-04-26 10:15
T.M.R
Account closed

Oy, Jailbird! [pokes thumbs in ears, sticks tongue out, waggles fingers] Pppphhhhhpppppptttttttt!!!! =-)
2003-04-26 14:33
CyberBrain
Administrator

I think the tone in here has been a little harsh.
But i understand it, coz' if Commander was just adding
his stuff before the release date to promote himself
it would be fucking lame, and he deserved to be attacked.

But it doesn't sound like that on Commander. He was doing
what he found to be the right way to do it, and he has
explained it. (you're free to think he is a fucking liar
but you don't have any reason to)

But as rOuGh pointed out, the release date must be the
day it's FIRST released, no matter if it's released
on the internet or in the snail-mail scene first.
(or i have missed the meaning of a release-date)

But then again, if you send it to your exclusive spreaders
the releasedate is (ofcause) after the date you sent it
to 'em + you give them time to send it to their contacts.
(though 2 weeks seems like being a long time - but i dunno)

However, now that the latest releases doesn't show releases
that's gonna be released after today, is it such a totally
big problem? As long as it isn't abuse, in the sense that
he added the release before it was finished..?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
@commander:

i just don't understand why it was spread on
the net the 20th of April, when you say that it's the
internet-release date you put into CSDb.
(and release-date is, as rOuGh pointed out, not just the
internet-release date.. then there would be no releases
from 198x for example) Maybe just a mistake?

You are setting the official release dates later, because
your wanna give your spreaders time to spread, right?
2003-04-26 15:41
CreaMD

Believe it or not (couldn't find better phrase ;-) I didn't want to accuse anyone but I must have pointed what I think was not right use of the latest releases feature. I've swapped with Commander (and never officially stopped to swap with him), I've even personally met him, and I really respect him. DOT

And hey I even thank him for the donation for last year's Forever 2002 organising which helped us to avoid financial loses (I hope I'm not doing anything wrong revealing this).

RESPEKT!

...but that doesn't mean I will close my eyes when I disagree with something.

Now when the problem is solved let's move on...
2003-04-27 02:14
Stryyker

Apart from the release date issue I don't understand the problem. There are plenty of other releases that don't have download links. If it is released but not online I think it is ok to add it to this database. I appreciate the time involved with the mail scene and most of my group are postal mail people. Trouble I have is time. It takes a couple of weeks to get from Oz to Europe. Even within Oz it can sometimes be next day mail or take a week to reach the place because not everyone lives in some major city with major airlines.

People have their parties, why not let mail people be first with their spreading?
2003-04-27 07:47
Nafcom

Quote: Apart from the release date issue I don't understand the problem. There are plenty of other releases that don't have download links. If it is released but not online I think it is ok to add it to this database. I appreciate the time involved with the mail scene and most of my group are postal mail people. Trouble I have is time. It takes a couple of weeks to get from Oz to Europe. Even within Oz it can sometimes be next day mail or take a week to reach the place because not everyone lives in some major city with major airlines.

People have their parties, why not let mail people be first with their spreading?

Hello Nathan!

I am totally surprised to read such positive lines!
I totally agree with you to 100%!!!

Well, if you send letters to Australia by airmail it shouldn't take 4 weeks, maybe 10 days (from my experience).

Well, I also like the mail swapping scene even if I stopped to be a part of at the end of 2000.

That's it! :)

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Low Spirit
kbs/Pht/Lxt
SigmaZeven/Alpha Fli..
HCL/Booze Design
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Sentinel/Excess/TREX