Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > DeepSID
2018-05-12 17:49
JCH

DeepSID

I have made my own online SID player. It uses Jürgen Wothke's WebSid emulator and can also play digi tunes. You can browse all of HVSC #68 with it.

Check out my blog post for more information:
http://chordian.net/2018/05/12/deepsid/

Direct link:
http://deepsid.chordian.net/

... 197 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-07-15 15:05
JCH

I installed Vivaldi.2.6.1566.44.x64.exe in my Windows 10 but the time bar also behaves for me there. I'm sorry but it seems I can't reproduce it.

What operating system are you using?

Do you have other browsers installed you can test it in?
2019-07-15 19:35
Perplex

I just updated to the latest version of Vivaldi, and the issue is now gone. Guess I should have tried that first, sorry for wasting your time, and thank you for adding the dark mode!
2019-07-15 19:46
JCH

No problem, I'm glad you found a way to fix it. =)
2019-07-22 11:43
JCH

The WebSid emulator has been significantly updated.

The previous version of it used a predictive emulation technique and required hacks for some SID tunes to work. The newly updated version has been overhauled to use a cycle-by-cycle approach and no longer need these hacks. It also emulates digi more faithfully and now supports more difficult SID tunes than ever before.

The downside is that the new emulation takes about 50-100% more CPU time, depending on the SID tune itself.

Take it for a spin and see how it plays for you.
2019-07-24 12:17
gorans

Works great. Thanks JCH.
2019-07-24 21:55
Oswald

listening to some good old Morbid tunes right now, he can brilliantly capture sad moods.

crazy amount of work in this, I have some suggestions:

- displaying digi channel
- user interface is not intuitive not logical I spent long time getting what/where everything is.

for example replay buffer size is hidden in piano display ? piano display is on a tab within tabs which are infos on the current tune, etc.
2019-07-24 22:37
JCH

If you drag the scope view larger, there's a fourth box for digi.

The buffer size box is also available in the settings tab (which is the last cog icon tab) and it shares its setting with the ones in the visuals views.
2019-07-25 17:04
Oswald

that doesnt solve the mess.

biggest window should be the browsing window. many folders have hundreds of tunes and I get to view like 6 at one time.

acc / deccelerating scrolling sucks on my slow laptop, just snap it where I scrolled please.

currently played tune title should be highlighted.

piano / oscilloscope view should be in the same window.

there's hardly any contrast on rectangles around different windows, hard to see what belongs where logically.

took min 10 minutes to realize there's a menu on top and I can get back to starting page.

cant change buffer size in cogwheel icon because I should be logged in, but can change on piano tab without logging in.

etc.
2019-07-25 18:53
JCH

> biggest window should be the browsing window. many folders
> have hundreds of tunes and I get to view like 6 at one time.

I have actually been giving this a lot of thought.

The sundry box (which is the box with the STIL or scope) can be resized by dragging the bar in the bottom, just above the player controls. Furthermore, if DeepSID detects that there is insufficient vertical space upon refreshing or resizing the browser window, it automatically minimizes this sundry box.

On a desktop computer, you can manually toggle the latter with the s hotkey.

> currently played tune title should be highlighted.

The row should be highlighted in the browser list when clicked. Is this not what you mean?

For auto-progressing, you can decide whether the next tune should highlight or not with an option in the settings.

> cant change buffer size in cogwheel icon because I should be
> logged in, but can change on piano tab without logging in.

This is another one I've actually returned to quite often.

The buffer size setting is available in the visuals views because it's directly relevant to how fast they update. Smaller values work much better there. Similarly, the scope view automatically shows a button to change this if it's not at the right setting (it requires the biggest setting).

And since the visuals views are not available on a mobile device and the scope view only works with the maximum setting anyway, this is always the default there and thus should never require adjusting.

DeepSID does require some CPU juice in the computer or device to work well, especially now that the WebSid emulator has been updated to work on a cycle-by-cycle basis recently. It's impossible to ensure that it runs perfectly on all computers. If speed is a problem, I recommend using the SOASC handlers instead of the emulators. They play real MP3/FLAC recordings and require very little CPU time.
2019-07-28 15:11
Oswald

about 1/3 of the screen is empty (right side)

so why not have 3 vertical blocks:

- list of tunes "area for browsing/find tunes"
- osci + piano+ settings - everything regarding playback/visuals
- info about current tune

recommended folders etc. put this into list of tunes, hence logically belonging there.

every function should be put logically into its "area"

and maybe a horizontal section on top for login / menu (looking at it now emulator type select positionally mixed with login, this belongs to playback settings into one logical box)
Previous - 1 | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
TheRyk/MYD!
t0m3000/ibex-crew
katon/Lepsi De
Matt
bugjam
BOMB/ACRISE