Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > GoatTracker 2.75 MacOS 64bit
2019-10-10 20:44
Slajerek

GoatTracker 2.75 MacOS 64bit

Hi!

I spent some time to update the GoatTracker 2.72_MacOS branch to compile for 64 bit binary which is required in the newest MacOS Catalina. I also upgraded sources to 2.75 version.

As I had to fix some deprecated functions and especially the main event loop, thus it would be good to test the binary if all events (keyboard, mouse, menus, ...) work as expected before proper release upgrade. It seems it is working, but I am not skilled at goat-tracking, thus I would appreciate it if someone can confirm that all is working well.

Here's a link to the v2.75-test1 64-bit MacOS binary:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FfH1kiOktSGE96s-hCgj6VyT_JBqx..

The binary is not notarized by Apple yet, so you'll get a warning that Apple can't check it, just right-click on the application and skip the check, although the app is signed by my developer's certificate.

Thanks in advance!

... 18 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-08-24 16:07
Slajerek

Apologies, I overlooked this topic completely :)

I am focused recently on Retro Debugger, which is going to be a totally revamped C64 Debugger (+Atari 8bit, +NES). As I am also creating plugins system I added Goat Tracker v2.75 sometime ago as a plugin for testing and it seems it's working. I totally removed underlying GT2's SDL code and replaced by Retro Debugger, SDL2 and ImGui APIs.

If someone is willing to test this very early unstable alpha, please PM me. I have builds for macOS and Windows, Linux is still in progress... this is not released yet, hoping to have most important features done by around end of this year.

2021-12-26 18:51
Slajerek

Note, I've included GoatTracker as a plugin in Retro Debugger. This works also on macOS.
2022-06-07 17:22
RaveGuru

Quote: Note, I've included GoatTracker as a plugin in Retro Debugger. This works also on macOS.

If you don't mind releasing your updated GT2 (with SDL2 etc) as a standalone package I would be happy to test-drive it and provide build instructions, etc.
2022-09-15 23:07
RaveGuru

I made a 2.76 fork and fixed all the weird keyboard issues. It's a pure SDL version, so doesn't come with the fancy MacOS extras, but works as intended. Build instructions are included. Check it out here:

GoatTracker V2.76 - Silver Fork V1.0
2023-06-02 17:17
Drees

Is there a working Apple M1 / Ventura Port available yet? I tried the ones in this post, but had no luck. Highly appreciate the effort everyone puts into this!
2023-06-02 17:41
Frostbyte

Quote: Is there a working Apple M1 / Ventura Port available yet? I tried the ones in this post, but had no luck. Highly appreciate the effort everyone puts into this!

I compiled the Silver Fork for myself on Ventura (M2, different but same). Note that this is a HIGHLY UNOFFICIAL version, and the best support I can give you or anyone else past what is written below is unfortunately "I don't know" and "I don't remember".

- This is not a truly standalone app as I don't (yet) know how to make one. You'll need to install the dependencies GT2 needs. I can't exactly remember what they were, but I'm thinking probably XCode Command Line Tools, and SDL2 and the SDL12-compat (SDL 1 compatibility layer) installed with homebrew. SDL12-compat as an example: https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/sdl12-compat

- Paths and filenames are hard-coded. The app MUST reside in /Applications, and it must NOT be renamed (I didn't try to fiddle with relative paths or anything as this worked for me, so it is what it is).

If you want to change any startup settings (e.g. disable fullscreen), edit the Contents/MacOS/goattrk2.sh startup script inside the app package.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7i35gq5lot6afy/AAA8ABVjJSn4nXdEV6hO..
2023-06-02 18:27
dEViLOCk

Quote: I compiled the Silver Fork for myself on Ventura (M2, different but same). Note that this is a HIGHLY UNOFFICIAL version, and the best support I can give you or anyone else past what is written below is unfortunately "I don't know" and "I don't remember".

- This is not a truly standalone app as I don't (yet) know how to make one. You'll need to install the dependencies GT2 needs. I can't exactly remember what they were, but I'm thinking probably XCode Command Line Tools, and SDL2 and the SDL12-compat (SDL 1 compatibility layer) installed with homebrew. SDL12-compat as an example: https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/sdl12-compat

- Paths and filenames are hard-coded. The app MUST reside in /Applications, and it must NOT be renamed (I didn't try to fiddle with relative paths or anything as this worked for me, so it is what it is).

If you want to change any startup settings (e.g. disable fullscreen), edit the Contents/MacOS/goattrk2.sh startup script inside the app package.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7i35gq5lot6afy/AAA8ABVjJSn4nXdEV6hO..

Yo! Cool!! This works on my M1 Pro also. There is no HardSID support, isn’t it? I have a Sidblaster USB plugged into MacBook Pro with Ventura. Would be a dream if I could get it to work with the Sidblaster :-)
2023-06-02 18:53
Frostbyte

Quote: Yo! Cool!! This works on my M1 Pro also. There is no HardSID support, isn’t it? I have a Sidblaster USB plugged into MacBook Pro with Ventura. Would be a dream if I could get it to work with the Sidblaster :-)

I wouldn't know about HardSID support, sorry. :( If it is included in the build as default, then I suppose it may be supported. Wiser men than me may be able to give you wiser answers to this.
2023-06-02 19:00
dEViLOCk

I think HardSID is only supported in Windows
2023-06-02 20:08
Drees

Thanks so much for the fast reply! I will try to get the Silver Fork running with the depedencies :-)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
hqn/Silicon Ltd
TheRyk/MYD!
Mike
Majikeyric
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Sumaleth/Pearl