Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > 20th Anniversary CSDb logo
2021-12-02 11:02
Conrad

20th Anniversary CSDb logo

<Post edited by moderator on 2/12-2021 12:01>

It won't be that long until CSDb becomes 20 years old.

Would be cool if the CSDb logo / backdrop was updated to feature "20th Anniversary" ... and perhaps make the logo more based on C64 gfx rather than the dated imdb/Impact font style.

Any graphicans up for the challenge?

... 4 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-12-02 15:19
Conrad

Thanks for your feedback, Roman. :)

Quote:

For logo. Ok, size constraints and need for executable is acceptable, although quite limiting. As you can see curent logo ocupies the complete required space it fits the spirit of current design and ideas of original creator of design.

It certainly is a limit, especially when an extra image for "20th Anniversary" will be placed on the left of it. ;) But hey, it's a challenge. :)

Quote:

I don't understand the need for wild compo.

It's mainly because you can't really customise the name of the compo categories, so I chose the nearest one... besides, this category is for something that may not be displayed after 1 year or so.

Quote:

If the result is not C64 executable, obviously it can't be submitted here. You will have to organize the compo outside the CSDB. Maybe the compo should be about making a new "skin/color/css scheme" for CSDB, but then it wouldn't be a C64 compo at all either. Of course, it's intriguing idea to have new skin for CSDB (I think Jailbird was succesfully playing with the idea in past) but there is technical limitation to that as site has many features and areas and it's html layout is probably tightly intertwined with code and not having enough unique identifiers to aim designers touches precisely enough to avoid breaking changes somewhere else (I'm just guessing her e though)

This was why I specified it as C64 runnable in the general rules.
As for skin/css redesign, this compo isn't really about that. It's more about updating the images on top and keeping what we currently have without doing any dramatic changes to the code / CSS styling. (We had many years to get that sorted, but to no success!)

Quote:

Another problem is, that backdrop was initially meant like soft touch in the design, it wasn't meant to be prominent part of the site, that's why it's so dark. With C64 palette it will scream in the header of this site and it will probably collide with current color scheme (buttons color).

I agree completely, but I didn't want to state this in the compo text in case graphicans would be put off by the fact that their graphics will be altered. Nevertheless, one can still view the original untouched graphics from the entires in the compo. ;)

Quote:

For reference for others, you are talking about replacing of those two files:
https://csdb.dk/gfx/csdb_topgfx.jpg
https://csdb.dk/gfx/csdb-logo.gif

Yes, with the addition of a new image for the 20th Anniversary badge/logo.
2021-12-02 23:56
Conrad

Well? Anyone else? :)
2021-12-06 10:38
Conrad

Cancelled due to lack of interest. (a lot more more important events going on I guess)

Still, I would suggest some sort of badge / image at least. Or is it all pointless / uninteresting?
2021-12-06 13:55
Jammer

Uhm, is it only me or merely 4 days have passed since you announced it? ;) It's kinda dramatic to cancel event/request after hardly a couple of days. Give people time :)
2021-12-06 14:29
Conrad

Quote: Uhm, is it only me or merely 4 days have passed since you announced it? ;) It's kinda dramatic to cancel event/request after hardly a couple of days. Give people time :)

I know Tranmission live party was focused on the last few days, and now Richard / Didi came in with their ICC 2021 compo and that seemed to have got attention right away.

So, what would you do? ... especially on something that isn't technically C64.

Also note that it's a tight deadline.

sigh... I give up.
2021-12-06 14:35
Jammer

I don't see a problem in making it regular C64 gfx compo with executable pics as main entries. Some big pixels on main CSDb page will surely look lovely! :)
2021-12-06 15:46
Copyfault

I'm no graphician here, so maybe the following is nonsense with respect to the topic, but... the logo format could be something like 500 x 100 pixels, with 2x2-sized pixels.

This way, it's somewhat closer to what to expect as a logo here plus it could be displayed on a real C64, too :)
2021-12-27 10:52
Conrad

Happy 20th Anniversary CSDb!
2021-12-28 04:06
ws

(I actually was just goofing around and trying to see what happens if i resize the page so the banner and the CSDb logo might overlap, when suddenly:)

When resizing the browser-window on the main page to below a width of 1460px, the tables won't resize anymore, thus cropping what is visible, starting from the right...

Has it always been like that?

(On this Forums page for example, resize to width of 910px still results in a dynamically rearranged layout)...
2021-12-30 20:43
Digger

CSDb outfit is totally outdated, and AFAIK there's no plans to open-source it, so hard to make any improvements anyway. Why should we bother making a nice banner image?
I use http://csdb.chordian.net and C64 Scene (iOS app) – much better with release thumbnails, avatars etc.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
zscs
Guests online: 58
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)