Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > New games from The Scene
2009-05-12 02:57
The Shadow

New games from The Scene

There is so much incredible talent within The Scene. We can bring back much of the feel of how it once was by restoring the flow of games. There are enough people in The Scene to create a huge flow of awesome games. Protovision is already working on the path. That talent can be augmented with the emergence of more game development groups. People around would enjoy a fresh supply of new games. With modern techniques, new games will be as cool as those from Thalamus, Sega and Ocean. Most demo groups are capable of creating games.

... 24 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-05-18 10:09
bugjam

That MOTAS thing looks really cool - haven´t heard about it before. Thumbs up and good luck - I hope you will find some folks to work together with.
Otherwise, I am still looking forward for all new games, but especially to Pinball Dreams. :-)
2009-05-18 12:19
bugjam

And Perff, one day I´m gonna come up to Denmark and help you finish MOOD! :-)
2009-05-18 12:43
Scout

I'm also waiting for TMR's Co-Axis 2189. The previews look really *REALLY* cool!
2009-05-18 13:39
A Life in Hell
Account closed

Quote: I do like the idea of people making c64 games nowadays. However I'll only appreciate great games. no SEUCK, no Boulderdash clones, no Pacman remakes, etc... Aim for high quality. :-)

but.... SEUCK is the way of the future!
2009-05-18 14:26
Alias Medron

Any coder to finish this one??? :P
http://gtw64.retro-net.de/Pages/e/Shots_Earth3.php
2009-05-18 14:46
v3to

Quote: but.... SEUCK is the way of the future!

*g* seuck + action replay mk6 = best mc-sprite-editor i know...

sigh - games that weren't...
anyone interested in coding a huge strategy game?
rings of medusa 2
2009-05-21 11:09
Jak T Rip

Hi all,

I kinda agree on what ALIH wrote. Games are about being fun to play, not about cool effects. Of course, it does not harm to have both, but the effects should follow and back up the game and not vice versa. I disagree with you, ALIH, in the way you slap the coders of games in the face rather than appreciating their effort in at least trying to make something worth while (some of them).

I also agree with Jazzcat: making a demo is incredible, but a good game with balanced gameplay is quite a different kind of achievement, and many demo sceners fail to get there. It is very hard actually to make good games nowadays, because you either need musicians and graphicians who understand about game limitations (most musicians refuse to make sound effects, most graphicians refuse to make hires/multi-mixed charset gfx..) and you need coders that willing to spend hours on details (I have spend days getting the steering of pac it the way I wanted it and had hard times accepting criticism from test players).

In Protovision, we try to make good games in terms of gameplay, creativity, techniques and compatibility. But sometimes we need to compromise in order to get a game out. However, we have come across so much hatred in the last years that some of us gave up this cumbersome fight, which makes it even more cumbersome for the remaining ones.

There are dozens of really nice unfinished projects around. We have work disks of unfinished games, but no coders to pick up on them. I see many new projects being started, often too big to be achieved part-time, so they will end up as unfinished items again. But what do I say, I'm no better. I have started 4 or 5 games and still didn't get to finish much.

In any way - if you want to create a game, please contact me. I can give you advice on how to handle typical problems, how to stay compatible with NTSC and other hw, I can help find you a musician of graphician or simply discuss routines with you.

Even more so if you want to HELP creating games, that would be extremely much appreciated! No matter what you can do, even if it is just proof reading, we do need help in Protovision. But one thing is vital: you need to be dependable.
Especially coders who would want to pick up old, unstructured, buggy workdisks of unfinished games that we kinda collected from others over the years...

So yes, ANY cooperation, coalition, support... is a good thing and Protovision is willing to participate, of course.
2009-05-21 11:38
chatGPZ

Quote: *g* seuck + action replay mk6 = best mc-sprite-editor i know...

sigh - games that weren't...
anyone interested in coding a huge strategy game?
rings of medusa 2

he! now that you mention rings of medusa 2 .... let me know who of the starbyte guys it was who was supposed to supply the original to us =) (the same person also made a crack intro and trainer for the game). i'm kinda curious =)
2009-05-21 13:15
v3to

Quote: he! now that you mention rings of medusa 2 .... let me know who of the starbyte guys it was who was supposed to supply the original to us =) (the same person also made a crack intro and trainer for the game). i'm kinda curious =)

hm, sorry... actually i have no idea. the only steady scener i knew at starbyte was skylab, but he was not active those days as i recall. but maybe he knows...
2009-05-21 13:45
chatGPZ

just checked that intro again, the guy used the handle "the undertaker". and the greetingslist included somehow actually speaks for skylab (lotsa old ppl which i dont think were even active anymore at that time). also the intro is kinda nice (trainer menu inside intro, again speaks for someone who was into amiga too =)) y.... gotta release it someday i guess :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mike
TheEnemy/TREX/THD
Apollyon/ALD
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
kbs/Pht/Lxt
celticdesign/G★P/M..