Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > boobsploitation
2013-12-30 09:27
Bitbreaker

boobsploitation

So i never understood the fuzz about choosing boobs as a motif. Nude bodies have always been part of art. Also boobs are a thankful motif, as they keep one motivated to continue and finish a picture. Actually i adore and worship the female body. For me, nothing does feel wrong about that. But i somehow feel like there's a lot of mental masturbation going on. So feel free to bring your arguments against boobs forward. Maybe some nice drama will develop from that!
And yes, of course i'll continue drawing boobs, don't bother :-)

... 251 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-01-06 23:49
chatGPZ

Quote:
Try not to burst out in laughter? About what, exactly?

i seriously envy anyone who is unable to answer that question for himself and i will not do that for you because you'll prefer finding it out yourself - in a far distant future.
2014-01-06 23:56
jailbird

Quoting Krill
Wow, this is quite unlike my experiences. When was this, and how old were those women? Most females i showed demos to reacted rather positive and mildly interested in my explanations about demos, their creation, their makers and the parties. No negative stereotypes like those you mentioned popped up. Interesting.

Quoting Groepaz
that said, most people who i tell what i am doing in my spare time are trying to be polite and not burst out in laughter. the only thing noteable about women there is, they are better at it, or perhaps men just dont care enough.

Same here as Krill, not all, but most of my female acquaintances found it interesting and unique that my hobby is to paint with a use of a computer which was introduced over 30 years ago, and are (or seem) genuinely interested in the scene. Emphasizing that it is a kind of digital artist community helps a lot too (especially if they into art or music, ofcourse). A couple of them even wanted to visit a party, and non of them are geekish. Six years ago a popular local daily newspaper made an interview with me (they contacted me as for some reason they've found interesting that a local guy won the C64 graphics compo at Breakpoint 2006) where I've explained on terms of a retard what the scene is, and how am I personally involved (f.e. I've compared pixelling to making digital gobelin tapestries). Showing that interview to someone highly improves their view about my/our hobby. And I've realized that the physical limits of the computer doesn't mean too much to them, and absorb conceptual demos more easily. I only mention, but usually neglect technical demos until they particularly ask for them.

So, I'm sure I've introduced the scene and shown demos and graphics to at least 15-20 women if not more (including a mormon, a right-wing conservative, two lesbians and a feminist), and none of them mentioned the sexual aspect of the scene, or that they feel insulted or uncomfortable. On the other hand, maybe I just choose the right releases.

Men who don't know about the scene but are at least a bit interested in computers act about the same way, except those who are into programming ask more often about the technical sides of a particular platform. I only avoid to show demos to my drinking bros who I go to football matches with as their reaction is usually the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQca1cwe54

Regardless of gender: a humble, slow and informative introduction means a lot and takes a long way.

For the interested who know Hungarian, here's the online version of the interview: http://archiv.magyarszo.com/arhiva/2008/04/12/main.php?l=b18.htm (12th or 13th article).
2014-01-06 23:58
Krill

Quoting TheRyk
You are right in saying, any general statement about women or men _can_ already be the beginning of sexism, even if positive discrimination.
This is not how i meant it, but yes, it can. But just as with a statement about men being taller than women, we're usually talking about the peaks of overlapping Gaussian bell curves, meaning that of course, there are women who are taller than the average man.

Quoting TheRyk
I see pretending trying to understand as a skill, which I experienced(!) to find more often in women.
Here i don't quite follow you. Genuinely trying to understand is noble while just feigning interest is polite at best but basically nothing more than a petty lie.

Quoting TheRyk
I have no problems with people immune to my 8bit enthusiasm :)
Sounds healthy :)
2014-01-07 00:05
chatGPZ

Quote:
Genuinely trying to understand is noble while just feigning interest is polite at best but basically nothing more than a petty lie.

and that lie is commonly referred to as being a "good listener" - correct.
2014-01-07 00:16
Krill

Quoting Jailbird
f.e. I've compared pixelling to making digital gobelin tapestries
I like this example. Just as you described, i'm trying to explain these things to outsiders with similar tactics. As for the "terms of a retard", there was one incident where i apparently came across condescendingly - guess i've chosen too simple terms or went for a too slow introduction :)
2014-01-07 00:26
Krill

Quote: Quote:
Genuinely trying to understand is noble while just feigning interest is polite at best but basically nothing more than a petty lie.

and that lie is commonly referred to as being a "good listener" - correct.

Wrong. Part of being a good listener is asking thoughtful and open-ended questions about the topic. Without a genuine interest, you'd have a hard time coming up with those, as you wouldn't really be listening. And if you still manage to do fine under such circumstances, you're probably more interested than you thought - if not in the topic, then in the person you're talking to.
2014-01-07 00:29
chatGPZ

that brings us back to the question why so few men are involved into the knitting scene ... =)
2014-01-07 00:32
chatGPZ

Quote:
you're probably more interested than you thought - if not in the topic, then in the person you're talking to.

exactly. pretending interest in the topic being talked about in order to gain access to the other peoples boobies.
2014-01-07 00:35
wysiwtf

Quote: that brings us back to the question why so few men are involved into the knitting scene ... =)

You should ask Nosfe about this, hes a knitting professional.
2014-01-07 00:46
CreaMD

I liked knitting. I also liked to sew small self-designed gadgets with mom's sewing-machine. I think I don't continue this hobby because of the mess it creates. When you do a lot of sewing of clothes and stuff, there is a lot of spare material, threads all around the place and stuff, and I don't think it's the factor that keeps me from doing it. I like to have my mess on desktop and direcotories and disks. It's not so visible. Still I would love to do anything. If I wasn't computer maniac, I would be probably writing, or knitting, sewing my own wear, painting. Nowadays all my creativity is sucked up by my work, but it's fun, because I do a lot of different things.
Previous - 1 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | ... | 26 | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
psych
FABS/HF
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX
Guests online: 106
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)